Sunshine On A Brainy Day — PS Dwarf Star Lights Up My Life

oooooppppsssss. :hmmmm: sorry but, I'm a cloneaholic. Cannot do this with auto's. so instead of composting the thinning / trimming / deforesting of plants. I regrow that $15 seed, 4 oz plant into a POUND OR MORE! (sorry for shouting)lol.
But, I do love the simplicity of table top Auto's. As a gift to the I cant even grow a "Chia Pet" person. :surrender:

G2HM, I was glued to every word you wrote. Wiped the tear from my eye and, read it again. May you and your family achieve all your goals. Amazing ambition! I will defiantly pay attention for any of your posts and visit this site as often as possible. I also grow for PTSD, TBI, and chronic pain from injuries.
Nice light! you made a good choice.
Are you familiar with the limestone put into promix? They use both calcitic limestone and dolomitic limestone. They are used to increase pH levels. They also release calcium. I have promix white paper that explains this. Can be an issue later in your grow when also using cal/mag supplements. Often misdiagnosed. If you like, I will post it for you. It's about 3 paragraphs long and, not to technical.

Keep 'em green and healthy:)

Ditto.

Peace. :peace:

G2HM absolutely amazing! thank you for your kind words. I feel honored to sit in on your grow.
Promix, in a nutshell uses both calcitic limestone (normally used as a pH buffer) and dolomitic limestone (normally used as a slow release calcium additive and pH buffer). I contacted them about there particle size and calcium leaching. Promix stated that lime stone is used for pH buffer in there product. I requested for there white papers and MSDS sheets. Either way limestone particles at the largest size equivalent to adjust pH. will start leaching in a couple of months. Calcium toxicity is rare but if feeding cal/mag and leaching begins. Excess calcium can lock out iron. Misdiagnosed as calcium deficiency and adds more calcium.

This is part of the White Paper sent.

Limestone is often added to growing media to offset the acidity of certain components such as peat moss and pine bark. The two main types of limestone are calcitic limestone and dolomitic limestone. Although both have similar effects, there are a few important differences.
Greenhouse growers know that in order to achieve optimum nutrient availability for plant growth, a growing medium's pH should be within 5.5-6.2, depending on the crops grown. The standard components in most growing media, peat moss and composted pine bark have a pH of 3.5-5.0. The pH of a growing medium with these components is too low for crops; therefore, limestone has to be added to increase the pH.
The amount and choice of limestone used to increase a growing medium's pH is a function of several factors, including the bulk density of the growing medium, the components used and the pH requirements for most of the crops grown in the growing medium. Once a crop is planted into the growing medium, factors such as the alkalinity of the water, the fertilizer(s) used as well as the specific crops grown, also affect the growing medium's pH and must be monitored and maintained by the grower throughout the crop cycle.
Variable starting pH?
A growing media manufacturer only has control over the bulk density, components and the limestone source and particle sizes used. In general, growing media manufacturers will add limestone at a rate which will provide a pH of 5.5-6.2 once the unused growing medium's pH has stabilized in the package. What is meant by stabilized? Typically, a growing medium that is less than one month old with low moisture has an initial pH of 4.5-4.9. The limestone added to the growing medium is in a granular form and must dissolve in the water contained in the growing medium before it can raise the pH to the desired range. The higher the moisture content, the faster it will rise. Once within the range, the true growing medium pH can be determined; however, most growing media are packaged at a moisture content between 45 - 55% by weight and the available water is far too low to activate the limestone in a reasonable length of time. The most accurate way to determine the pH of the growing medium is to measure it 7-10 days after planting and thoroughly watering in the crop.
Particle size of limestone
When selecting a limestone source, the size of the particles dictate how fast the limestone will start to adjust the pH of the growing medium and how long it will last. Most growing media manufacturers use powdered limestone that has a texture similar to flour. These fine limestone particles begin dissolving quickly after planting to adjust the growing medium's pH within a week (if it is wet), and will last for 2-4 months. This correlates well with the bench time for most greenhouse crops. If the limestone particles are coarser and have the texture of salt, the limestone may take up to 2 months to begin adjusting the pH of the growing medium, but will last for over a year. This would not work for most greenhouse crops.

Nice to know info. to help keep 'em green

Thanks for the info tricam. I now have a pH meter and it has helped a lot. Still need to understand what effects change on soil pH, but this is a good start.

Just having one of those days where my brain injury affects my better judgment.
Thank goodness people understand my predicament, I always have good intentions.
I'm just numb to common sense today. Good thing the plants are dazzling beyond my human limitations. ;)
I wish everyone here eternal brain health and happiness.

horse_drink.jpg

Some days are like that. You're allowed to be human. :hug: :love:

oooooppppsssss. :hmmmm: sorry but, I'm a cloneaholic. Cannot do this with auto's. so instead of composting the thinning / trimming / deforesting of plants. I regrow that $15 seed, 4 oz plant into a POUND OR MORE! (sorry for shouting)lol.
But, I do love the simplicity of table top Auto's. As a gift to the I cant even grow a "Chia Pet" person. :surrender:

Understood. I'm a clonaholic myself, but I only take one at a time. I love the fact that I don't have to purchase more than one photo seed if I don't want to spend more. Once you learn to clone the cost of the grow plummets. I don't purchase my auto seeds, they were gifted by a talented cultivator who seeded the auto himself and then shared the seeds. So it's possible to grow autos and keep the prices down too.

It's funny you should refer to the "tabletop auto." I often think of my autos as house plants because I grow them in this open closet in the corner of my living room. :laughtwo:

Hey growtohealme,

We see your brain wishes and happiness and we raise you a HUGE hug. You will have to collect that from your hubby as we are virtual. I'm sure he won't mind, and we would be grateful!

Some days are like that. You're allowed to be human. :hug: :love:

*Yes, but sometimes I would prefer to be a plant, and have someone smoke me. There is something just calming about that. ;)

Hey growtohealme,

We see your brain wishes and happiness and we raise you a HUGE hug. You will have to collect that from your hubby as we are virtual. I'm sure he won't mind, and we would be grateful!

*RECEIVED! Thank you...;):love:

What’s Update – 100% Organic Garden & Brain Rehab – May 10, 2017

:welcome: Welcome to my Beautiful Healing Brain Journal!

Brain/Grow Rehabilitation Behaviour:

I thought it would be funny to post some of my odd behaviour experiences to lighten up an emotional week.

1. Just this week I was introducing my husband, by the WRONG name…lol. I had to make a joke saying I had two husbands to cover up my cognitive mistake. Oops!

2. My husband has found plates in the garbage that I threw out after dinner. Nope they are not disposable either. Just a slip of the mind.

3. I have put my shoes on and waited by the door to leave, except we had no plans to go out. My husband asked me where I was going, I said, hmmm, nowhere…lol.

4. Yesterday I took the lid off my bottled water and carefully poured water into the upside down lid and drank from the lid instead of the actual water bottle. Ummm hello!

5. I was making tea and instead of pouring the hot water into the mugs on the counter, I picked up a mug, held it in my left hand, and poured the hot water directly down the sink. ;)

6. Every time I kick something out of my way, I say “Goooooooooaaaaaalllll!” and put both of my arms up celebrating, like when I used to play soccer. lol.

7. This week, I posted my email in a thread, instead of sending it as a message. I even made an edit to my post, still not realizing I’ve posted my personal email. DUH!

8. Last one, now when I cross the crosswalks I put out my finger and arm and point like I’m in grade 4 again. It’s looks funny but it works…;)

What am I grateful for? “Compassionate Grow Friends”

Quote of the week: “Kick my brains ass!”

My humble garden of positive change awaits you…

1. Type: CB Dream CLONES #1 - 6 (Mother born Oct 2, 2016)

Week:9 weeks

Days: 63

Temp:24-30 Degrees Celsius

Hum: 41 - 60%

Strain: Indica - CBD

Technique:Clones, Topped and LST

Comments:

Clones – I’m pleased to say that I have pruned, groomed and vacuumed the girls. They are loving the air circulation and have responded by growing at least an inch in 2 days. Now they are properly poised as they enter the flowering stage.

IMG_9904a.jpg

I can always tell by a certain smell in the air from minty (veg) to skunky (flower) that gets me excited for flower time. Also the top flowers are stacking nodes short as the initial stretch is slowing down. As seen in the top view photos of the plants.

The 3 gallon clones are an easy 3 feet plus more. The 1 gallon clones are at most 2 feet. Either way, they continue their water-only feedings, which makes this the easiest grow to date for me. I couldn’t handle more than 6 but man, how could I resist when they all pulled through, no problem. My goal is to keep CBD in rotation for upcoming capsules, I’m praying that my harvest meets my expectations.

I encourage all medical patients to do clones, this is our greatest value and cheats corporations out of control over our medications. It’s pure magic.

Now that the clones are in the pre-flower stage I thought I would start taking individual shots in order to follow this stage more closely.

CBDream Clone #1 / 3 Gallon, Self-watering, LST & Topped

IMG_9936a.jpg
IMG_9934a.jpg

CBDream Clone #2 / 3 Gallon, Self-watering, LST & Topped

IMG_9939a.jpg
IMG_9938a.jpg

CBDream Clone #3 / 2.5 Gallon, Self-watering, LST & Topped

IMG_9948a.jpg

CBDream Clone #4-5-6 / 1 Gallon, Top-watering, LST & Topped

IMG_9946a.jpg

2. Type: Kushie Kush (Born March 4, 2017)

Week: 9

Days: 66

Temp: 24-30

Hum: 41 - 60%

Strain: Indica

Technique:Topped and LST

Comments:

As you can see the transplant went well, ummm WIKKED. She has overgrown her 5-gallon pot horizontally through the guidance of LST.

IMG_9940a2.JPG

Now she’s a monster kush that wants to be directly under my dwarf star. This is what I always imagined, in fact, I think this kush is looking a bit like Snid’s work. And all the primary and secondary growth is even just like Snid’s advice. I may have to dedicate this one to him, because I sure to miss him around here.

IMG_9941a.jpg

This is the FIRST photo period from seed that has the proper light, pots, nutes, air circulation, humidity and temperature. The next thing I will have to learn is soil and ph challenges of different soils. I know tricam has started teaching me, I am slowly reading the ingredients in dirt now just to introduce the terms to my brain. It will take a while to learn but I’m engineering this brain train to track my progress and even at the crossroads.

IMG_9908a1.jpg

*I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for your journals to learn from.

May I ask for a favour, no biggie? Could you guys maybe use short paragraphing more often because it’s incredibly difficult to read blocks of text. I just don’t want to miss the valuable information from your resourceful posts and kind support. 420 HUGS

Life is what you make of it and who you GROW it with…G2HM

:Namaste:

:thanks::high-five::thanks:

Fantastic update, your girls look great.:thumb:
The odd behaviour post was super cute.

I had a similar situation the other day. I was on my way to work real early and I pulled up to a stop sign and sat there for a few minutes waiting for it to turn green.. The sign never changed... lol. I need to sleep more but life is just way to exciting to sleep.. Especially with all these cool journals.. :Namaste:

The Kush is beautiful. I love that leaf structure. When I grew my first Carnival Graytail taught me his training technique. I can still remember how proud I was when it turned out looking like it could have been his.

Well done girl. Good attitude to laugh at the brain farts. Keep medicating. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You have a talent for this and it shows in those lovely specimens you grow.

G2HM, absalutly impressive!
They are as healthy as your humor.
I've read your 8 little quirks a couple of times???? Besides the bottle cap and pointing finger. Being a little childish, so what?
As long as no party foul committed. And, we can find cognitive humor in our actions. "Its a day alive"
Thank you for sharing.

Fantastic update, your girls look great.:thumb:
The odd behaviour post was super cute.

I had a similar situation the other day. I was on my way to work real early and I pulled up to a stop sign and sat there for a few minutes waiting for it to turn green.. The sign never changed... lol. I need to sleep more but life is just way to exciting to sleep.. Especially with all these cool journals.. :Namaste:

*Oh my gosh, Hashgirl has the same instance on her signature marked as Stoner Moments. That hilarious Twox. But I must admit that your feeling of being really stoned, is my new normal before I shhhmoke. In retrospect, we are all stoners, with brain stuff or not...hmmm...gonna smoke on that one now...lol. Thank you for the positive feedback.

The Kush is beautiful. I love that leaf structure. When I grew my first Carnival Graytail taught me his training technique. I can still remember how proud I was when it turned out looking like it could have been his.

Well done girl. Good attitude to laugh at the brain farts. Keep medicating. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You have a talent for this and it shows in those lovely specimens you grow.

*Thank you sooo much, the clones I let go and didn't harp on them, but I am micromanaging this kush while she's in training. If I can't laugh at myself then life would suck. I hope one day Snid can see his investment into me through a monster kush. Your words are very kind, your friendship is making me grow as a person and your presence gives me the confidence to accomplish more.

G2HM, absalutly impressive!
They are as healthy as your humor.
I've read your 8 little quirks a couple of times???? Besides the bottle cap and pointing finger. Being a little childish, so what?
As long as no party foul committed. And, we can find cognitive humor in our actions. "Its a day alive"
Thank you for sharing.

*Thank you for checking in, you're most welcome her. It's been noted that I am showing signs of regression back to grade 4. But from what I remember of that year, I had so much fun. Like you said, no party foul, just time to celebrate life. Always happy to hear from you!

Should be some nice colas, shes looks like an OG by her structure.

Oooooooo you said it penny the wise, colas might be in the forecast. Gonna shower some bud on this gal. Crosses Fingers. This light may shine an ounce on me...? :thanks: Have a great night PW...thanks for always stopping by. :circle-of-love:

I've done most of those except #4 and #8, and who hasn't done #6 at least once? (great for baseball games too). And yes, I've waited at a stop sign, not for it to turn green, actually for nothing at all until I realized there was nothing to wait for.

Here's one more from my not too distant past. I had some dry cleaning that had been at the cleaners for a few weeks so I made a special trip to pick it up. Got there and they had no record of it. I knew I had dropped off a load including a yellow shirt. It's a really nice soft shade of yellow with crisp lines and I look good in it. It's my power shirt. I was looking for it earlier and that's what reminded me to pick up the laundry. I got a little angry, raised my voice, said some things I shouldn't have said and stormed out. Calmed down, started going through laundry at home to see if maybe I'd accidently put it in there. Wife asked what I was doing, then told me she'd picked it up after they called four months ago! I could swear it was only 2-3 weeks. That's chemo brain for ya. :laughtwo:
Can you guess what color shirt I was wearing? :rofl: Glad I can laugh about it now.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom