Tales From The Krip!

Super nice deal, you should like the Chem. I think Swerve made a selection from S1’s for his Chem 91.

Cali Connection Chem 91

Cali Connection Seeds Chem 91

The Famed Chem 91 Sk Va clone only. This is the original one - the real deal in seed form. This beauty is the mother of legends like Sour Diesel, OG Kush and the vast majority of elites out there today, that have been crossed to her or her offspring. These cannabis seeds will provide you with a very sour citrus fuel tasting and smelling bud that will be coated in trichromes. This nice full plant has a good branching and a fairly fast finish. Yields will be great on her as she can pack on the weight in the later part of flowering stage.

Flower Time: 65-72 days

SO, WHAT'S A FEW MORE SEEDS AT THIS POINT?

I was looking through my list of seeds last night and I was thinking, "It just doesn't look finished!", so went to work on completing it and ordered a few more treats.

Here's what we paid for:

(12) In-House Genetics Sherba Frost FEM - (I'm lovin' the IHG gear and this stuff looks awesome! :yahoo:)
(3) Medical Seeds Mendocino Purple Kush FEM - (Brother PotChimp sold me on this one - checkout his pheno! :yummy: )
(6) Cali Connection Chem 91 FEM - (Just to keep Brother Pennywise interested! :rofl: )

And, since I like to play the "Promo Game", here's what I'm getting for FREE! (Well, after paying $300 for the above, anyway! :rolleyes: ) :

(1) G13 Labs Seeds Blue OG FEM
(1) Humboldt Seed Organization Green Crack FEM
(1) Serious Seeds Strawberry-AKeil FEM
(1) Humboldt Seed Organization AUTOMATIC Blue Dream FEM (not a fan of autos, but it's a freebie!)
(1) Freedom of Seeds Mighty Grape FEM
(5) G13 Labs Seeds Maltezerz
(3) Cali Connection Seeds Louis XIII OG FEM
(3) In House Genetics Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane FEM (AWESOME freebie!)

Some good genetics in that haul! :thumb:

Happy Harvests!

K

Man those are some nice freebies you got! Pot Chimps Mendo Purp Kush is a beaut! What is the Sherba Frost? I feel like it is a Sherbert Perma frost cross. Those Trop Cookies x Slurry sounds like a killer freebie!

Man those are some nice freebies you got! Pot Chimps Mendo Purp Kush is a beaut! What is the Sherba Frost? I feel like it is a Sherbert Perma frost cross. Those Trop Cookies x Slurry sounds like a killer freebie!
Thanks, Brother! Yeah, Brother Chimp's MPK and Apollo 13 (and GTH!) are all gorgeous phenos.

The Sherba Frost is Devine Sherbert #22 x Perma Frost and here's the breeder's pic :drool::

Attitude_InHouseGenetics_Sherba-Frost%20.jpg

Hey brother Krip! :passitleft: hope you're doing well.
Bummer about the culling of the 2 plants in your breeding cab - seems you had some good reserves to pull out instead.
Nice new genetics! Damn that Sherba Frost looks ridiculous. :jawdropper:

Thanks, Brother! Yeah, Brother Chimp's MPK and Apollo 13 (and GTH!) are all gorgeous phenos.

The Sherba Frost is Devine Sherbert #22 x Perma Frost and here's the breeder's pic :drool::

Attitude_InHouseGenetics_Sherba-Frost%20.jpg
That does look mighty nice. There was member on here that used to have the Perma Frost clone. He was breeding with her before In House ever mentioned doing any work with her. He had nothing but good things to say about her. PotChimp has a bunch of nice genetics. I am envious of his Grand Daddy Purple.

"Pollen sacs"..:nervous-guy:....:rofl:
LMMFAO SACs.....

... You are gonna love that PKB for sure Krip... Nice haul on the freebies... IHG is my go to when ordering seeds.. When I have money... LOL Green days to all.. FYI '79 Xmas tree is a highly sought after strain in my neck of the woods... Hint Hint.... :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

SOME GOOD NEWS & SOME BAD NEWS! :confused:

First the bad news...

I got an email regarding my seed order that they were out of stock on that IHG Sherba Frost which, along with the freebie of the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricaine was really why I placed that order in the first place. They said they had no planned deliveries of the Sherba Frost and did offer me an alternate but I just told them to ship the rest and put a credit on the account for the difference. Their IHG stock was extremely limited and, if I'm gonna order some more stock, I'd just assume do it when there's a good promo running.

Also, I had to cull the Trainwreck from the breeding cabinet. It also started wilting pretty bad and, while I probably could have got it through flower, it just wasn't worth dealing with the sick plant. The only thing I can think of is that I must have overdosed them on the last feeding. The other plants seemed to take it OK, but those three (XB male, PCake & Trainwreck) just didn't make it.

Now, the good news...

Aside from having to cull those three plants (two of which were replaced!), the breeding cabinet is looking good. The original females are all in flower. The Black Cherry Jelly male that replaced the '79 Christmas Bud Male, and the replacement PCake are just starting to show. We should have pollination starting in another week, or so.

And, it looks like we're gonna have that new sponsored grow starting soon! :yahoo:

The contents of the boxes will soon be revealed!:meditate:

Happy Harvests!

K

Top box looks like the one my mars hydro tent came in.
Maybe a mars hydro tent and ts2000 light. Lol. Or maybe something they are working on. Just my guess. Whatever it is I’m sure you will make the most of it!

I almost said it looks like new tents until I saw the fragile sing on the bottom one. Though the top one still could be a tent :nerd-with-glasses:
Top box looks like the one my mars hydro tent came in.
Maybe a mars hydro tent and ts2000 light. Lol. Or maybe something they are working on. Just my guess. Whatever it is I’m sure you will make the most of it!
Can't wait, huh? I bet you guys always shake the box before opening a gift just to try to guess what's in it! That's probably why they invented the "Fragile" stickers to begin with! :rofl:

BREEDING CAB & '79 CHRISTMAS BUD

It's been about two weeks since flipping the breeding cabinet to 12/12 although the Black Cherry Jelly male and Bubba Hash (NOT the PCake as I had said in the prior update!) were replacements and are only about a week under 12/12.

Starting with the newcomers, here's the BCJ male with pollen sacs just starting to form:

And, here's the Bubba Hash also just starting to show sex:

For the two-week olds, here's the Dolato:

Here's the Platinum Kush Breath:

Here's the Blackwater:

And, here's the Platinum Cake:

In the small tent, the two '79 Christmas Bud plants are looking better now that they're in the high brix soil, but still showing some signs of the earlier deficiencies. I'm going to up-pot them this week to their final containers but, since they growing painfully slow, they'll likely continue to veg in the larger containers for another few weeks.

Here's '79 XB #1 (mottled leaf pheno):

And, here's '79 XB #2 ("normal" pheno):

I'm waiting on some guidance from above before starting the next sponsored journal and I anticpate that will be resolved in the next couple of days.

Happy Harvests!

K

MEET THE NEW GIRL!

I want to introduce you all to the newest member of the Krip family, a G13 Labs White Strawberries little girl:

Since getting the grow back up, the strains I've flowered and kept so far all have "earthy" terps, although, the Platinum Cake that's curing now is starting to smell a little "skunky". And, with the '79 Christmas Bud, I should be able to find something "Piney"

I really want to get a good "fruity" strain (really miss my Pineapple Express from G13 and likely going to pick up more seeds of that!) and a good "chem/diesely" strain going.

I'm hoping that the White Strawberries may meet one of those needs.

Here's what G13 says about this strain:

In order to obtain this outstanding strain Strawberry Cough was crossed with The White. This cross is known for amazing trichome coverage and delicious Strawberry flavour. It was then hit with the legendary Casey Jones to create this delicious and powerful hybrid. Her taste varies from Strawberry Hash to earthy/diesel inherited from the Casey Jones. White Strawberries is very potent, mixing electric up highs that will have you wanting to go out for the day and those more Indica phenos that will have you wrapped up, sinking deep. You can find two main phenotypes. First one stretches for the first week or two into flower while the other one stays shorter and doesn’t stretch that much. Expect this variety to finish in 8 to 9 weeks giving high yields.

Genetics : (Strawberry Cough x The White) x Casey Jones
Flowering Time : 56-63 Days

And, here's the breeder's pic:

White-Strawberies-G13-Labs-Seeds_600x600.jpg

She's a nice-looking plant! :thumb:

I have those Chem '91 seeds coming in soon and one of those will get popped pretty quick, too.

Also, I had popped another IHG Black Cherry Jelly and Zephyrus REG's a few weeks ago and just took clones of those. Assuming they root, I'll throw the seedlings in the breeding cabinet to sex them and, hopefully, get some females.

And, speaking of the breeding cabinet, I expect to see some pollen flying soon. I turned off the fan in the cab cuz' I wanted to minimize the pollen being blown around the house and make it easier to collect some extra pollen. Once the pollen sacs open, I'm just going to use the male as a "paintbrush" to drop the pollen on the females. In between "paintings", I'll put some foil under the BCJ male to try to collect any pollen that drops for later use.

Happy Harvests!

K

EXCLUSIVE - DIY POLLEN COLLECTION SYSTEM (PCS)!

I'm not posting this in the DIY forums, so this is a Krip journal exclusive for my loyal followers only! :thanks:

Now that I've started the breeding project, I want to make sure I collect as much of the pollen that doesn't land on another plant as possible. So, after exhaustive research & development I've devised a DIY pollen collection system, or, what I like to call the "PCS".

It consists of a unique, food grade vessel (a paper bowl -the kind you eat out of and not smoke out of) covered in a thin veneer of highly conductive material (aluminum foil), with a specialized slot machined to strict specifications (cut freehand with scissors) leading to a void (hole) located in the center (approximate).

Here's what the completed PCS looks like:

And, here it is in action:

You can't actually see the pollen being collected in the pics, but believe me, it's working! :)

Complete plans and all materials needed will soon be available for sale on my new website along with fully assembled systems! :rofl:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom