Tales From The Krip!

USING STS TO CREATE FEMINIZED SEEDS

This is a great article on using STS to create feminized seeds. I copied and posted it from another site and it's well worth the read for anyone interested in breeding:

Complete Guide To Using STS To Create Feminized Seeds

Happy Harvests!

K

The Purple Diesel Daze sounds amazing. I will watch to see what she does for you!
Well, you may have to wait a little while, Brother! :laugh:

I think it will be close to a year, or more, before I even get to her! I know you've seen the list of seeds and recent orders.

I'm about to sex another Black Cherry Jelly and Zephyrus, and just started soaking another Apricot Jelly. I'd like to find and grow out some females of those, first. Plus, I have that DNA White Strawberries seedling that I'll likely be running next along with one or more of those IHG strains in the main tent, assuming I get a female.

And, I was thinking about doing some Dark Devil Autos in the small tent after the '79 Christmas Bud.

Then, I really want to get a good run in of the Platinum Cake since I only had that one small one last grow and only one this grow (I just LST'd and supercropped the hell out of it, BTW! :D), plus find another good Pineapple Express mother, find a good Chem '91 mother, run the Killer A5 & Malawi, and hopefully start running some of the seeds from the crosses I'm doing.

Once that's done, I'm thinking running the Dark Ghost Train with the Purple Diesel Daze together should be fun! :yahoo:

If I had any more room, I'd setup the other 4' x 4', but I just don't have it anywhere! :(

Well, you may have to wait a little while, Brother! :laugh:

I think it will be close to a year, or more, before I even get to her! I know you've seen the list of seeds and recent orders.

I'm about to sex another Black Cherry Jelly and Zephyrus, and just started soaking another Apricot Jelly. I'd like to find and grow out some females of those, first. Plus, I have that DNA White Strawberries seedling that I'll likely be running next along with one or more of those IHG strains in the main tent, assuming I get a female.

And, I was thinking about doing some Dark Devil Autos in the small tent after the '79 Christmas Bud.

Then, I really want to get a good run in of the Platinum Cake since I only had that one small one last grow and only one this grow (I just LST'd and supercropped the hell out of it, BTW! :D), plus find another good Pineapple Express mother, find a good Chem '91 mother, run the Killer A5 & Malawi, and hopefully start running some of the seeds from the crosses I'm doing.

Once that's done, I'm thinking running the Dark Ghost Train with the Purple Diesel Daze together should be fun! :yahoo:

If I had any more room, I'd setup the other 4' x 4', but I just don't have it anywhere! :(
I feel you man! I have so many things I want to run but I kept getting seeds and it got to the point IDK what I want to even start any more! Sounds like things are busy for you. The White Strawberries should be nice to watch in the mean time.

I feel you man! I have so many things I want to run but I kept getting seeds and it got to the point IDK what I want to even start any more! Sounds like things are busy for you. The White Strawberries should be nice to watch in the mean time.
Wait till you see my Platinum Chem Cake grow! :rofl:

I want to cross that Platinum Cake with a Chem '91 for some terps and hopefully some more bulk. They're both Fem's, though, so I'll need to reverse one of them for pollen.

USING STS TO CREATE FEMINIZED SEEDS

This is a great article on using STS to create feminized seeds. I copied and posted it from another site and it's well worth the read for anyone interested in breeding:

Complete Guide To Using STS To Create Feminized Seeds

Happy Harvests!

K

Big thanks for that link. I am going to venture down that rabbit hole soon. I'm going to reverse the Lemon Paki and I want to do it right.

QUICK SUNDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :party:

It's been all working around the house for me and, unfortunately, I don't count our favorite hobby as work! :rolleyes:

That being said, I did start soaking another Apricot Jelly seed last night and just put it in a 2" container with some soil. It already had a taproot just starting to show, so I anticipate it will be emerging soon. :dude-knocking:

I also decided to move the new Zephyrus and Black Cherry Jelly seedlings into the breeding cabinet to sex since I already have rooted tops from both. If they're male, they'll get culled right away. Not sure if they'll be around long enough to get pollinated by the male this round, since the male will be culled once it's done its job on the others, but assuming I collect some extra pollen, I may do those last two by hand.

The BCJ male has grown right into the lights in the breeding cabinet, but there's almost no heat from the small fixture, so it should be fine. Still no signs of any open pollen sacs. I did turn the circulating fan off to decrease any pollen blowing around the house, but the exhaust fan is still running with no filter, so some is bound to escape. Although, I may put an improvised filter on it tonight.

Finally, as I'm typing this, I have some RSO distilling off (in a distiller!) from the last batch of trim and most of the Orient Express. I was a little short on Everclear, so rationed it best I could, but should still (no pun intended! :laugh: ) get a decent yield.

I'll try to get some pics before lights out tonight.

Happy Harvests!

K

Mornin Krip..."blowing pollen"..
:nervous-guy:
Yeah, I know! :eek:

I'm pretty nervous about it but, if all goes to plan, I think I'll be OK. I'm timing the breeding so the pollen will be released while I don't have any other plants in flower. Once that's done and I've collected some extra pollen, I'll cull/destroy the male.

Then, the breeding cabinet, all tents, and all plants will get a good spray down with H2O which should kill any pollen it comes in contact with.

Because the male is a Bonsai, there won't be lots of pollen to begin with, and the breeding cabinet is on the complete other side of the house in a separate room. And, I did add a filter to the exhaust duct on the cab.

It's still possible some pollen finds its way later onto a flowering female in one of the tents, but I'm taking every precaution to make sure it doesn't happen and, if it does, it should be very minimal.

The worst part is, if something does get seeded, I need to figure out if it's from the breeding or something hermying in the tent. If I knew it was from the breeding, I'd save the seeds and count it as a "cross". Without being certain, I have to assume it's a hermie and avoid using it for breeding. :confused:

Ya...sounds like u are taking just about every, practical ,precaution you can.. There was no doubt you know wat your doing. Good times, :high-five:
Thanks, Brother, and I'm glad one of us thinks I know what I'm doing! :rofl:

I have done a lot of research and have acquired a lot of knowledge on the subject but have never done it. It kinda feels like trying to perform surgery after reading a book on it; except, I know if I lose the patient, I won't be sued for malpractice! :laugh:

BREEDING CABINET UPDATE - WE'RE OFF!

I mentioned yesterday that I would try to get some pics of the Black Cherry Jelly male growing into the lights and just couldn't get there before the lights went out.

So, here's where he's at in relation to the lights:

This should not be an issue since I anticipated it would happen in the small cabinet and the fixture in there is low wattage with low heat.

But, look real close (for those having problems spotting it, I've made it easier! ;) ):

Yup! We have an open pollen sac and, if we have an open pollen sac, we have pollen! :yahoo:

Since a lot landed back on the leafs of the BCJ, I just grabbed a small paint brush to pick up some pollen:

And, painted a bunch of the buds, starting with the ones furthest away from the BCJ male.

That was the only open pollen sac I spotted, so far, but we know the others can't be far behind. And, if we have pollen and we have females (which we do! :D), we should be able to get some seeds! :slide:

Happy Harvests!

K

BCJ MALE CULLED & NANNERS SAVED

The Black Cherry Jelly male has been blowing loads all over the breeding cabinet. I've done three rounds of pollination, so far, and I'm pretty sure that, while I probably didn't get every bud, I should have multiple buds on each plant.

I'm not sure it makes sense to keep pollinating the same buds over and over again, so I cut all the branches off the male and put them in a mason jar then put the rest of the plant in a ziplock, took it outside and put everything in the composter, including the soil.

I then snipped the pollen sacs off of the branches and put those in a smaller mason jar to let the rest of the nanners open and collect and store the pollen for later use.

Here's the small jar of nanners and you can already see pollen dust in the jar:

So, if there's still some female flowers that don't start showing brown pistils soon, I can go back and re-hit them with some of the collected pollen.

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom