Well. I decided, whilst my head in garden mode, to start the lst... I've use some cotton that'll easily snap away when the plant starts thickening it's stem. I'll keep an eye on them anyway to avoid the plant growing around it.

I just wanted to get those lower leaves abit of light

20181218_212128.jpg
20181218_212132.jpg
20181218_212208.jpg

I also gave them a topping to promote lower growth as you do...

I be keeping a close eye on the one I've just put into the home made octopot, it was root bound and starving of water a touch but now it's got what it needs, air, room, water... I'm expecting it to absolutely bounce.. heres hoping
I topped mine too a little bigger. Seeing a lot of growth on the bottom. Idk topping causes lower growth. Now that new growth is shaded by big fan leaves. I thought i did something wrong

Welcome to the show notevaper.. I should be much bigger right now but I've been screwed over by the p.h and were still Stunted...

I'll be moving then over to octopots by the end of the week but for now they can starve and try build some thick root system....

I like the lights like I said in your journal... but they do need some kickers for flower cause the 300ws won't doit alone... there's too much blue in there. I want to mo pick up another 600 and run it side by side and then and 4 cob red spec kickers

I've just felt the fabric of my octo pot. And oh dear it's soaking wet through. I think the heat was keeping it dry somewhat or maybe now them at the plant is drinking hard there's more excess on the uptake... also I've noticed the plant is sitting 4inch lower then what i potted it at i think its sortof settled in and pulled it self down. Cant wait for my net pots to arrive at the end of the week.. least then i can get them all in a resevoir... the octopot one is taking off like a dream compare to the rest. It edges me towards wanting em all in one...

I know nothing about octopots, but i know from our indoor garden green diy hydro we did several years ago,ph is a bitch to deal with in water grows. One wrong move and you better fix it fast! That's why i went soil for weed.

Not happy with this Ff Happy Frog soil. I knew it had no nutes, but i wanted a clean canvas to work with. I am going do use coco in my other tent in a few days.

While reading your soil i wondered about the 2 diff PH soil requirements you have going. Soil PH is higher than coco. I have rock wool plugs to start seeds and a 4" wool cube for setting the plugs when it's time and finally into coco.

The rock wool will let me see what is going on.

You did the right thing going all blue with your lights. That blurple doesn't have enough blue for veg.

When u get your net pots, i think you will see explosive growth. That garden pot you have now is binding all those roots that can't get out the holes.

I have to run in a sec. I just read your entire journal, with a neighbor coming over and other interruptions and time flew.

As you know as a noob i was an idiot to plant germed seeds in to 5 gal grow bags. I didn't have anything smaller to use solo cups. Won't make that mistake again!

5 gal pots for me were way to big to water correctly. Angry Bird taught me right though. Water a circle away from plant. I overwatered many x. We read about water to run off etc, but for a little veg plant like we both have. There is little need for run off. Plus why wash out the nutes we just put in there?

If i were you i would mix up a gal of ph'd water with a capful of hydrogen peroxide and use a small spray bottle to give it a foliar spray. Quickest way i know of to get oxygen to the top growth while waiting for the growth media to recover.

That's about all i have for now. I am feeding dried coffee grounds, cal mag (which u need often on your coco grow, Super Thrive and a kelp fert. Very little amounts. I mix in a half gal mason jar @ around 440 ppm and give the plant 1/2 fresh water and half nutes in a small watering can for a feeding. I watch for the plant to tell me what it needs. Keep your lights as low as they can take it with the back of your hand test and let them run. Also, do you have any fans in there?

Gotta run. Bbl

One quick reminder. Do the hyrogen perox. You can see a response from the plant as soon as an hour with a foliar spray over the entire plant. Don't soak it. Just a light mist. It doesn't need water lol.

And no more cropping!! I did the same and now i have a mess of short nodes. Lst isnt going to help that mess lol. Going to let them recover for a week and just make sure they are happy. By doing nothing ;-)

I am enjoying the read, it is always a learning experience. And I absolutely love the comradery and support of the Forums. I may be subbed on the back row with snacks and a few grams, but I will be paying attention.

@notechvapor I'll have a look Into the hydrogen spray..

I have ordered some things.. compost tea... and some foliar spray for veg growth... they should arrive with the coco pebbles and the net pots... I think your right too the roots will be fighting to get out the slits I created in the pot...

The lst I'm doing is just to expose lower growth.
I don't want to chop it. And if it's Not in contact with the light it's useless and gotta go.. in a sense anyway. Obviously idont want to cause trauma so I'd sooner fuck and bend a few big leaves out the way lol...

I think something is causing my p.h to rise. So when I finally get them in octopots and they start drinking from the res atleast I can control what the p.h is...

I think I'll use my res water to feed the other girls from now on.. just because it has feed and it's climatized ect.. and it's o.h is 5.5 so it should help to keep dropping my soil p.h.. the soil meter as suggested earlier is a bag of shit... it does fuck all...

I'm curious. Will they ever recover to the point that they grow big... at this rate it will take me a year to veg the fuckers... at what point do you call it a day and get new seeds.. I me and 43 days in... they want to grow. They just cnt..

Too high p.h? Too much heat.. not enough oxygen? Are we still locked out?? Who knows.. i dont.

Old timer.. put the cookies down... So I can pinch them

Just rolled a nice blunt, I'll sit and ask the girls to grow before lights out then I'm off to kip.. fuck it lol

Well this is where you should be checking out @GanjaPreneur420 diary... he's running a smooth set up with a few proper ones.

They basically take the best of both worlds.. hydro and soil... the soil or what ever top medium you choose takes the job of oxygen and the roots that find the res take care of the water so the plant turns hybrid... there some process that happens to the water to help keep it oxygenated enough so the roots don't rot, it don't require an air bubbler...

I was hooked instant I Saw It.

That Is the company's video promoting it... sorry if not allowed to post links
OK a friend has been growing tomatoes and eggplant in them for years. He loves them. Thanks

Haha Calm down. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. My dropped strawberry cough got all messed up and now she's bigger than all her sisters. Don't give up

I won't give up. It's just driving me mad knowing shits no right with them.. all I can do is read over and over andita all the same crap I already kmow...

Let's hope this tea helps lmao... keeping the temp at 25°c will help too surly. Running at 30+ was bound to be stressing them out.

Should be about ready to flower now lmao but we're along way off that haha

I won't give up. It's just driving me mad knowing shits no right with them.. all I can do is read over and over andita all the same crap I already kmow...

Let's hope this tea helps lmao... keeping the temp at 25°c will help too surly. Running at 30+ was bound to be stressing them out.

Should be about ready to flower now lmao but we're along way off that haha
Just look at how they grew in the last week

Yh to be fair they have done well this past week. But again they have slowed again. This makes me think that my p.h has raised too high again .. I'm a Muppet for dropping the damn meter in the water lmao.. here a few photos of how they look now with the lights off, and the octopot is the only one that's completely green. But that wetness lvl is raising up the cloth very quick aswell... I think I'm in panic mode, I got wait for things to just arrive lmao. 3 days to go

Attachments

• 20190101_224738.jpg
    20190101_224738.jpg
    1,013 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190101_224733.jpg
    20190101_224733.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 131
  • 20190101_224728.jpg
    20190101_224728.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 125
  • 20190101_224717.jpg
    20190101_224717.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 119
To be fair @stoneotter your right. I've just gone back a week and they were tiny.... I needntoshut up roll another doob up and just chill. Cept for the octopot part.. there's real concerns of being oxygen starved and mould... So I will remain worried

Watering is a bit of science that we all see a little different. I see it this way. When they start in solo cups the cups are small. One benefit of that is if you water til soaked it's ok because it will dry in very short time. That makes the soil completely wet and therefore will fill completely with roots. Of course we have to let them dry enough before the next water cycle. Full of roots. Now the next size pot. Same thing filling the whole pot with roots. You don't have to soak the plant immediately when up potting either. I told you there was lots to it. On first doing it I use very little water because I watered her the day before. Roots will search through the soil so I water where I want them to go. Around the edge of the pot until they get established. Just a few days or a week. Then when they are in 5 or 10 gallon pots I use the watering method at the bottom of the sig area. Check it out. Some say we're here to grow roots, the rest will come.
you hit the nail on the head. What happens below directly reflects what happens above. I think it's the soil you are using, if root tips aren't thriving you will have slow growth. The best advice I can give you is start using coco.

Welcome @cannaruss your right. What happens on top is a direct reflection of what's happening below... I've ordered a new bag of coco... with other bits.. so I guess when it comes I'll fill the pots up and deal with it all as coco from then.. however I'm hoping that when the res is feeding them .. in hoping the res p.h will help keep the soils p.h down. Or at least as the water passes through the system, it sort of correct it self and flows between the ranges Nicly.

I'm confused. Most ppl prune the lower growth for a scrog or lollipopping. The buds are of the top

I'm wanting to go wide as early as I can.. using the 1st branches available to me.. some arnt quite big enough to poke through the top bugger foliage... So open them wide and let the lower ones shoot through the middle

In this pic you can see smaller growth lower down that would be covered by the top leaves.. I want the a to come up, so I can take them wider..

The ones that get lollipopped are the ones that don't make it to the light.. I'm trying to make sure these do lol

Attachments

• 20190101_144720.jpg
    20190101_144720.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom