Thanx ya'll. And OMM it would be an honor to grow meds for you and well any1 else if I was able to. I just love to grow, not for profit but for fun. Its the most calming and relaxing hobby. I honestly I wish I could grow in Hawaii. One day eventually I know it.

Thanx ya'll. And OMM it would be an honor to grow meds for you and well any1 else if I was able to. I just love to grow, not for profit but for fun. Its the most calming and relaxing hobby. I honestly I wish I could grow in Hawaii. One day eventually I know it.

I would love to see that Butcher:surf:
Even you would need to learn our crazy weather. Would be a happy time for you and a good challenge. One run through and you would have it down.:thumb:

1-32 site PVC NFT/E&F(ladies are justy about finished vegging to go in,however I gotta get more clones to completely fill it)

I thought your NFT was aero - does the E&F mean it ebbs&flows in the pipes? I've been thinking of trying to do that with the vertical pipes instead of the drip lines. I can't remember where or if you have a description of your NFT system... can you point me in the right direction? Thanks Butcher!

I got 2 of them. One is a 32 site and the other is a 19 site. I made it 19 cause the cab it was in didnt have room for my soil mum so I cut one site off and made room for mom. The Aero is the 19 site and the other (32 site) is NFT/ Ebb&FLo. Heres a basic pict I did last year of my pvc system:

e_n_floing.jpg

Its such a simple system that give great results. The proof is in my journals and gallery. I've done this exact system for years and switched the small one out to aero, dispite the horrible hole alignment it works like a champ:

IMG_4786.JPG

And doing a vertical is that much easier. Just add some elbows and keep them at an incline and gravity will help do the rest, along w/ a nice strong pump. However last time I ran this as a vert system I just used a 396 gph pump and it worked fine. Another thing that I used was an NFT timer instead of a traditional timer. They run, if I recall correctly, 1 min on 2 minutes off. This allowed for the perfect water/air ratio for the roots to grow crazy. And I also used a Flow controller on the elbows. To allow for more control of the water flow. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help. I know you got it though. In fact I'll more then likely start to ask you questions.:ganjamon:

I would love to see that Butcher:surf:
Even you would need to learn our crazy weather. Would be a happy time for you and a good challenge. One run through and you would have it down.:thumb:

Thanx but I bet the humidity would give me run for my money though. Large colas wouldnt do to well w/ a high RH.:ganjamon:

Now I got it - so that's more the standard NFT setup where the pipe justs dumps water at the top of a sloped pipe. I was trying to think of a way to totally submerge the roots during the flow cycle in a vertical pipe - maybe have the overflow out the top drain back to the tank.

Thanks butcher!! +reps

Then valve I was talking about will allow you to do that. All you have to do is eliminate the pipe in the PVC. I'll see if I can find a pict of the control valve I was speaking of, and post it. I've ran staduim, vert and zig zag formations on a wall of this same system. The Zig Zag w/ a control valve will do exactly what you want. For the vert situation, all you would have to do to flood and drain. However your going to have time the flood first, then use the timer accordingly. And the trick is to beef up the control valves, time the flood cycle and use a regular timer for that one. It would flood up then the control valve can be adjusted to control the flo back to the rez. For the vert you will need a large rez. And same for the wall and stadium style set ups'. Once you see it set up it things click on how easy the set up really is. The hard part was just getting the kinks worked out. If you want I can draw up some simple blueprints of the setups. The vert does better using aero. And that in itself is an easy change out if you dont like it. trust me when I say You will get a (((huge))) bang for your buck. With a short veg time. YOur cool. I like running sativas on these systems with 4-7 days veg max. these systems w/ short veg time and maxed out plants will easily yeild beyond anything you've ever done before. And that I have no problem putting a Butchers stamp of approval on it. I just hated running that big of numbers as far as plants go. Cause trust me once you get a couple runs into a vert system like this, you'll never want to take it down. Oh and there are stakes at the hydro store to help control the direction of the plants, along with support the colas that would come off the plants.:goodluck:

hey butcher i can build one. have most of the parts w/sprayers to go along for each side of the netcups. i wanted to start my grow that way, but ended up going with the ebb and flow bucket system. what type of numbers off of 20 lil monsters? also is the flower time shortened a little, maybe week or days? just wondering.

When I use indicas w/ a 10-14 dy veg. 7-14 grams on average. Sativas give off an average of 10-14 grams with a 7 -10 day veg. The only catch is indicas give soild colas. Sativas tend to branch out so you end up w/ smaller nugs. But still harvest great. The other thing about sativas take longer to finish. So if your doing it for $$$ then indicas benifit more in the longrun. Less time = more $, cause of less eletricity being used and your shaving 1-2 weeks every harvest using indicas. Which in a year long game plan that's another couple extra harvest. Let me know if I make sence..kinda medicated at the moment..:ganjamon:

When I use indicas w/ a 10-14 dy veg. 7-14 grams on average. Sativas give off an average of 10-14 grams with a 7 -10 day veg. The only catch is indicas give soild colas. Sativas tend to branch out so you end up w/ smaller nugs. But still harvest great. The other thing about sativas take longer to finish. So if your doing it for $$$ then indicas benifit more in the longrun. Less time = more $, cause of less eletricity being used and your shaving 1-2 weeks every harvest using indicas. Which in a year long game plan that's another couple extra harvest. Let me know if I make sence..kinda medicated at the moment..:ganjamon:

`makes sence 2 me :thumb::Rasta:

Thanks Butcher! It's amazing how many different ways, and then variations on each way you can grow cannabis.

One last question - when you SOG, do you prune all the bottom branches so you only have one cola, or does the lack of light to the lower plant do it for you?

Both, but I prefer to do it myself though. And it can depend on the light as well. W/ my 1k it will hit the lowers no problem. However, I do prefer to have more solid, denser tops, so I chop all the bottoms. I'll take some photos of the sog tonight so you can get an idea of the trim job. The sativas can branch out alot, is imperative that you have a short veg. period. But it honestly depending on the clones you are using, I would have to suggest 6-8 inches, 8 is pushing it for sativas, but is doable. Using indicas you dont have to worry that much, due to the lack of vertical growth. but I still chop the lowers. Oh and 1 more thing, in SOG you can get away w/ 4 per square foot easily. I think of it this way:

If I get 7 grams per plant @ 4 per sq. ft, then thats 1 ounce per sq. ft. Which will yeild more out of that space. As opposed to just the traditional 1 plant in that same space (recommended by most if your not trimming them up) and you have less wait before you harvest. Its an all around winner!!

:ganjamon:

Thanx but I bet the humidity would give me run for my money though. Large colas wouldnt do to well w/ a high RH.:ganjamon:

Yes and no Butcher If it was an outdoor grow the high H wouldn't really be problem. With these high winds there would be no bud rot.

Also, it's hard to believe, but in the last few months we have had very low H, as little as 24%. It's fun keeping up with constantly changing weather.:ganjamon:

I'm trying to under understand the picture you were taking to OBX about.
How can water be pumped up the pipe to the plants and still have drainage in the same pipe to the res? Maybe I just don't understand that part. :smokin:

I didnt realize how I worded that, til' it was to late to edit that post. TO flood and drain vert you use elbows that run at an angle. Flood from the top or via tube attached to the elbows. So the roots sit at an angle down the tube. Like OBX's current grow. When the flooding starts the water runs down the tube completely drenching the roots in water. SO you get the flood via .25 inch tube or whatever size you choose to connect to the elbow.. but the issue is timing the flood&drain process. Timing is key along w/ control valves. That the way I should have put it. Thanx for clearifying. I hope this makes sence. I may just go to homedepot and make a small version of it, if I have time. I'm telling ya, once you've put it together, you'll get the picture quick on how simple the vert systems can be w/ a lil experience and the right tools.

Man, Butch, seems like you have all the fun with your operation!! I can't wait until I have the space, $, and experience to start playing with things like vert, zig-zag, stadium, etc. etc. Not only sounds fun, but if can yield more too, f*ck yeah!! Soon I hope to play like you do!!
aloha Bro
HD

Jus stoppin thru to say wassup butch. Dude you really are the ace of trades like WOF says. You and pit conquer all medias, and growin aparatuses bro. :bravo:

I already filled out my Slaughterhouse Maintenance application, im ready when u are :biglaugh:

HD:First off ALOHA BRADAH :ganjamon: And the Zig Zag can work for any space. you can do just 1 wall if you like. Then go from there. Vert is the way to go, if you dont mind big plant numbers. You could easily run a ZIG ZAG in your area, you could do it w/ 2hanging 400 watt cool tubes. And still do your thing on the floor, just wont have to have a log veg period. But your doing (((GREAT))) just how you are. But if you or any1 else ever needs help or blueprints just ask. The game plan is simple once you know it. Thanx for stopin by.
ALOHA

Jus stoppin thru to say wassup butch. Dude you really are the ace of trades like WOF says. You and pit conquer all medias, and growin aparatuses bro. :bravo:

I already filled out my Slaughterhouse Maintenance application, im ready when u are :biglaugh:

Hopefully I can get back to the SHSCo. as soon as my issue is handled. I dont like being able to give my full attention to a project that big. So I must handle this issue first, this is a big reason why I've been MIA lately. Then its back to business and pleasure. Your apps at the top of the stack.:thumb:

HD:First off ALOHA BRADAH :ganjamon: And the Zig Zag can work for any space. you can do just 1 wall if you like. Then go from there. Vert is the way to go, if you dont mind big plant numbers. You could easily run a ZIG ZAG in your area, you could do it w/ 2hanging 400 watt cool tubes. And still do your thing on the floor, just wont have to have a log veg period. But your doing (((GREAT))) just how you are. But if you or any1 else ever needs help or blueprints just ask. The game plan is simple once you know it. Thanx for stopin by.
ALOHA

:thumb: Many Mahalos Braddah Butch. Yeah, it will be another batch or two before I try anything hydro (or hydro variation), still making sure I can crawl before I try to run ;) . But I will definately be hitting you up for some info when the time comes! Mahalos for that offer!!
Much Aloha
HD

Back
Top Bottom