Yo butch do you know were i can get a ticket to the gun show haha:smokin: seriously though she looks just like mommy thats amazing i can't wait to compare my mom to the clone mom I'm using the same technique to so this should be interesting:grinjoint: way to grow though my friend impressive as always:bravo:

Looking good Butcher..... I am curious as to your seed versus clone theory?? you are doing a fine job, I truly enjoy your journals and gardens... :ganjamon:

BE IRiE in the HOuse!!
:welcome: & thanx for stoppin by. As far as the clone theory goes. I prefer cloning for the fallowing reasons:

1) No worring about sexing the plant.
2) Knowing how the taste, high and yeild is at the very end.
3) Cloning allows the grower more room for error (meaning its better then paying 100 US for 10 beans and only having 8 germ and 4 be females along w/ the hope that you get the right pheno)
4) cloning also allows the grower to pick cuts that better suit their needs.(i.e: S.O.G style cut clones or clones w/ a variety of branching)

Dont get me wrong I love seeds. I breed for that reason. Its just nice to know or at the least get an idea of how you next grow will come out. Not to say that all clones come out w/ the exact same result everytime. 90 % of genetics are passed down via cloning. The other 10% is givin to how the growwer treats the mother prior to cutting the clones.

Example: If a mother is is fed all the way up to cloning, the your more then likely to see deficiencies in some cuttings. As well as cutting your success of having perfectly identical clones. If the growwer flushes properly before cutting the clones off mom. At this point your chances of having genetic replicas of mom is better and almost increases another 5-8% (allowing 2%- for error). I just want to clearify this is a hypothesis. but this has always seem to be the case, or at least in my experience.

The up side to seeds is when they are strong they are (((VERY STONG))). and hey who doesnt live seeing the shell of a seed pop, then just watch it grow. As if it was your own baby.

:bong:

wow now theres a nice cola

Beautiful plants and setup Butcher. Keep up the good work.

Yo butch do you know were i can get a ticket to the gun show haha:smokin: seriously though she looks just like mommy thats amazing i can't wait to compare my mom to the clone mom I'm using the same technique to so this should be interesting:grinjoint: way to grow though my friend impressive as always:bravo:

Thanx for stoppin by the show. The grow show not the gun show..:rofl:..You guys/girs make me laugh every morning w/ the sh*t you all say. I'm just glad to see your happy w/ my work.

CoMmj: Your going to love seeing identical replicas. Its just great knowing 1 plant can give off enough babies to fill any area. Along w/ being able to keep those genetics as long as you want. Even when I have no intentions of growwing out that strain, I always keep at least 2 small cuttings going, that way when I want the genetics, I can just focus on the lil ones and prep em to be moms. All the while I'll have my current grow flowering.:ganjamon:

Man your thread is beast. I only read the first 15 pages and wow. You know your stuff thats for sure. And your chill to boot. Anyways man i plan on reading the rest and hitting you back up. Thanks for all the info in the past. I now know where it all came from. :nicethread:

Thanx Z. Glad to have you aboard. Its along journal. And away if theres ever anything you want to know.

And a heads up for everyone:

I germed the crosses from my The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal). Later today they will be put into rockwool cubes. I'll be posting picts there in a bit. So please stay tuned and stop by. As they get bigger they will be part of another journal introducing the new strains. There WILL be 4 new crosses to be introduced. Along w/ the new ideas for the Slaughter House Breeding Program.:thanks:

BE IRiE in the HOuse!!
:welcome: & thanx for stoppin by. As far as the clone theory goes. I prefer cloning for the fallowing reasons:

1) No worring about sexing the plant.
2) Knowing how the taste, high and yeild is at the very end.
3) Cloning allows the grower more room for error (meaning its better then paying 100 US for 10 beans and only having 8 germ and 4 be females along w/ the hope that you get the right pheno)
4) cloning also allows the grower to pick cuts that better suit their needs.(i.e: S.O.G style cut clones or clones w/ a variety of branching)

Dont get me wrong I love seeds. I breed for that reason. Its just nice to know or at the least get an idea of how you next grow will come out. Not to say that all clones come out w/ the exact same result everytime. 90 % of genetics are passed down via cloning. The other 10% is givin to how the growwer treats the mother prior to cutting the clones.

Example: If a mother is is fed all the way up to cloning, the your more then likely to see deficiencies in some cuttings. As well as cutting your success of having perfectly identical clones. If the growwer flushes properly before cutting the clones off mom. At this point your chances of having genetic replicas of mom is better and almost increases another 5-8% (allowing 2%- for error). I just want to clearify this is a hypothesis. but this has always seem to be the case, or at least in my experience.

The up side to seeds is when they are strong they are (((VERY STONG))). and hey who doesnt live seeing the shell of a seed pop, then just watch it grow. As if it was your own baby.

:bong:

Awesome info about how to treat the mom b4 cloning!! Iam getting geared up for a semi-large clone run of Sour Diesel (shooting for getting 18 good clones to fill my flower room for after my current batch) and I really have zero experience with cloning. I may be hitting you up for some tips/info in the coming weeks if you don't mind.
Bro, those are some mean colas from rainbow and her clone daughter, nice job. And yeah, the fore arms, I'm guessing maybe you did (still do?) some paddling back when you were here...at least they look like the standard canoe club arms that I see....lol
Much Aloha Braddah
HD

LOL..HD still paddl'n. I ride shortboard, unless theres a rolling swell, then its time to take out the longboard. Its funny had a big gun til a (((HUGE))) swell out at the cliffs in Huntington Beach took another victim. $500 US down the drain.. Well out into the Mother ocean.

..And ask away on the cloning. The one thing I cant emphasize enough is to flush prior to Cutting clones. The lower amount of nitro in her system will allow for the cuts to focus on rotting and not fresh shot growth.

And thanx for the ALOHA. We're throw'n a lil luau saturday. W/ all the fix'nz. Well w/ the exception of the Kalua Pig. No emu here (sux). Bit kalbi ribs, poi and everything else. Oh man do I miss the fresh Poke..mmmmm DAMN I HUNGRY!!

LOL..HD still paddl'n. I ride shortboard, unless theres a rolling swell, then its time to take out the longboard. Its funny had a big gun til a (((HUGE))) swell out at the cliffs in Huntington Beach took another victim. $500 US down the drain.. Well out into the Mother ocean.

..And ask away on the cloning. The one thing I cant emphasize enough is to flush prior to Cutting clones. The lower amount of nitro in her system will allow for the cuts to focus on rotting and not fresh shot growth.

And thanx for the ALOHA. We're throw'n a lil luau saturday. W/ all the fix'nz. Well w/ the exception of the Kalua Pig. No emu here (sux). Bit kalbi ribs, poi and everything else. Oh man do I miss the fresh Poke..mmmmm DAMN I HUNGRY!!

Hahaha, making me hungry now too. Bummer about the lack of emu, me and my crew have been doing emu's for thanksgiving a lot of years, with a pig and a bird, and I'll tell ya, turkey from an emu is fricken ONO!!! Have a blast with your luau!

So are you crossbreeding strains now Butcher? Because i have yet to buy seeds from any mainstream place and instead buy seeds bred by a friend of mine. Like the one in my journal is White Rhino x White Widow x Big Bud, and the seeds im germinating right now are Big Bud x Blueberry. And i've seen some of the off the wall mothers he has. It seems like the way to go for the gold. Make somthing new and improved everyone wants. Anyways ide be curious if you are a breeder in short. Seems like where i might start moving in the end.

Haha thats funny butch it seems i have taken a page out of the slaughterhouse method's and didn't even know it, i have one small clone off the original mother sativa and one off the sour flo mother that are just chillin in folgers cans and have been for bout a week, they will replace these new mothers when they go in with the next flower batch, haha i love growin peace man

its all good OMM i'm workin with a space about three times smaller then i would like it to be:smokin: i guess we all have some select thing we would like to improve upon or try with our grow:popcorn: at least you have endless summer there in HW never have to worry bout indoor lights :cool:

Oh! The pain.....I have no room for clones and would be way over my legal limit, but someday.....someday.:grinjoint:

OMM..I must admit the thing that helps alot is LST'n. Makes one hell of a difference. My OGD plant (see below :rofl:)is the size of 2 3 foot plants and the branching is so identical that I don't remamber and cant tell which one is the main branch. So I definetly gotta say LST your next babies if you can, trim them so there are 2 main stocks. This would help you get a bigger yeild along w/ the feel that your growwing 2 plants instead of the one..LOL..Gotta admit this works better w/ sativas, since they stretch and grow faster. Just an idea.:grinjoint:

2010-02-17_20_58_57.jpg

OMM..I must admit the thing that helps alot is LST'n. Makes one hell of a difference. My OGD plant (see below :rofl:)is the size of 2 3 foot plants and the branching is so identical that I don't remamber and cant tell which one is the main branch. So I definetly gotta say LST your next babies if you can, trim them so there are 2 main stocks. This would help you get a bigger yeild along w/ the feel that your growwing 2 plants instead of the one..LOL..Gotta admit this works better w/ sativas, since they stretch and grow faster. Just an idea.:grinjoint:

2010-02-17_20_58_57.jpg

Man that plant is wicked. Do you just fim the tops for that or did you just top it?

Thats all nature. A side shoot was catching up to the top so I just tied the top down to the same height. I've been doing this alot lately. I train to get at least 2-4 tops. Currently in the center of my flowering room, I have a 3x6 table that is holding all the lst'd plants. It looks like a scrog, just w/ no screen.

Back
Top Bottom