The Canyon

Canyon, what do you think about this? Is that N-def? Or a soil issue?

It could very well be ready for a good stiff GE/Tea drench ... or the soil needs a shot of Trans/Tea instead. :hmmmm:

You can see it better, so I trust your judgement. :hmmmm:

That is not a good idea. [;>)
This morning I took a few pictures of Extreme. After that, I gave her a light shake. The top of the trunk went limp and is slow to recover.

It has been 7 days in wet Kit soil. She is better than yesterday.

Drenching is out for probably two weeks, maybe more. It is a small plant with not much of a root ball in a big wet pot.

I was thinking of a Brix yesterday for the three plants but decided to hold off until today. Now, I am thinking, De-Stress would be a better choice for her.

The other two will probably get De-Stress as well to keep the foliar applications the same for now.

I never know

2_26_17.JPG

2_26_17A.JPG

Subbed looks great keep up the good work!! Happy growing

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Graytail,
Thanks, it is more than one thing. The color is way off on that picture. It was the last one and I wanted to get it posted. My best guess would be that it is actually showing high N and an imbalance of C, Mg and K. along with some lockout. The newer growth is better than it shows here.

It was on the mend after an earlier up potting into better soil. When I up canned to Kit soil, I intended to only water the root ball and a little beyond because the mix was rather moist. Well, I over watered. This morning I still had some drupe leaves.

Keeping it interesting, it was not ready to up pot.

If, I cannot correct out most of the florescent tent in that image, I will take another one tomorrow.

Best

If I'm reading correctly, it looks like this is a plant that went into it soil fairly recently. If that's the case, the coloration should fix itself as the kit takes over.

It looks like it's stabilizing. It needs time to fill the pot up with roots.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

If I'm reading correctly, it looks like this is a plant that went into it soil fairly recently. If that's the case, the coloration should fix itself as the kit takes over.

It looks like it's stabilizing. It needs time to fill the pot up with roots.

That about sums it up. Last night it looked better. This morning the trunk and stems are more rigged. The truth is, even with wet feet, she is showing no leaf damage.

I decided to go with Brix for the three plants at 1 to 30 dilution about an hour before lights on this morning.Four hours after spraying and they all look happier than before the misting.

I never know

Before I had any intention of trying one of Doc's kits I started following Duggan's grows with the big pots. Then Radogast started a new grow. Then SweetSue decides to convert her grow to it after some testing. Well, I decided to give it a try. This is my first run.

The way I arrived at a GE Drench strength had several assumptions with it, so I would appreciate any input.

Somewhere I read per 1oz per six plants as well as 30sf. I also read to use 1 and 7 gallon pots.

A 7 gallon pot should hold between 2 and 3 gallons of water. At 1oz/30ml per 6 plants, one plant should get 5ml or around 1.7 to 2.5ml/g. Using 1g pots, those numbers jump up to around 10ml/gallon.

My best 'Wild Ass Guess' became 2.5ml/g. My thoughts were, she looks happy and I can always go up.

The Girl Scout plant will go into flower first so I will try to do updates for her about every ten days. This is how I am tracking her for now.

Best
canyon

Girl Scout Cookies
Clone, cut 10/4/16

2/9/17
To Kit soil (15 day cook)
Up pot. 3q to 3.5ml.
3q week tea

2/17
Dry pot. 10 days
GE 3q at 2.5ml/gal
Brix

2/25
Dry pot. 8 days
RO + Tea at 1.5ml/Gal

2/27
Brix

2/28
Dry pot. 3 days
RO + Tea at 1.5ml/Gal

I have a post-it hanging in my kitchen near the drench supplies that give me a range of drench volumes to work with. I can share that with you after I get home. I'll make sure to get it to you.

Before I had any intention of trying one of Doc’s kits I started following Duggan’s grows with the big pots. Then Radogast started a new grow. Then SweetSue decides to convert her grow to it after some testing. Well, I decided to give it a try. This is my first run.

The way I arrived at a GE Drench strength had several assumptions with it, so I would appreciate any input.

Somewhere I read per 1oz per six plants as well as 30sf. I also read to use 1 and 7 gallon pots.

A 7 gallon pot should hold between 2 and 3 gallons of water. At 1oz/30ml per 6 plants, one plant should get 5ml or around 1.7 to 2.5ml/g. Using 1g pots, those numbers jump up to around 10ml/gallon.

My best ‘Wild Ass Guess’ became 2.5ml/g. My thoughts were, she looks happy and I can always go up.

The Girl Scout plant will go into flower first so I will try to do updates for her about every ten days. This is how I am tracking her for now.

Best
canyon

Girl Scout Cookies
Clone, cut 10/4/16

2/9/17
To Kit soil (15 day cook)
Up pot. 3q to 3.5ml.
3q week tea

2/17
Dry pot. 10 days
GE 3q at 2.5ml/gal
Brix

2/25
Dry pot. 8 days
RO + Tea at 1.5ml/Gal

2/27
Brix

2/28
Dry pot. 3 days
RO + Tea at 1.5ml/Gal

Subbed

And, only since my grow was mentioned, I will venture to to reveal my calculations.

I don't calculate per gallon of water, I calculate per gallon of soil.

for 1 gal pots, I do 1-2ml per plant+0.2ml Tea (bottom watered = double strength)
for 7-10 gal pots I do 4-10 ml +0.4 Tea
added to however much water I plan to use.

I'm not saying it's right, just what I've been doing.

I may be a bit conservative; I've yet to see nute burn except a little from heavy foliar.

I liked growing Girl Scout Cookies, but they were from a gifted clone, so after I moved a few states away, I don't have seeds to regrow GSC. I have some GSC seeds crossed with a White Widow that I may or may not grow out this year. It depends on how I like my Tangerine Widow seeds.

IMG_47128.JPG

These are the measurements Graytail shared with me, and they've been the ones I've used for the most part. As you see, there's a bit of variability. As a talented grower in your own right, I'm certain you can determine who needs more and who needs less.

He also trained me to start the process by brewing the tea portion in a small amount of water and to do the same with the drench. After they've steeped (I usually take this time to set everything up) you add the drench to the allropriate amount of water and apply. Then you add the steeped tea to more water and apply that.

Doc recently shared how he cares for his plants when they enter flowering and to the end. I can locate that for you if you missed it. I can't offhand recall where he left that info, but I think it was over at Nis's. What surprised me most was that he only uses a gallon of water for each 7-gallon pot during flower and splits it between top and bottom watering. You can appreciate how much more quickly they'd be ready for the next drench. I was saturating and taking forever to get to the next drench.

I have to go to bed now. I'll catch you in the morning.

Rad, Sue,
Thanks, for the numbers. The 2.5ml/g for GE and 1.5ml/g for tea I am adding will fall within the upper and lower boundaries of your feeding methods. I am going to stay with what I am doing for now. I like working with known concentrations in the water. Your input will allow me to be more comfortable with that decision.

The Kit soil mix is a lot lighter than I am accustom to working with. I am having problems judging how wet the soil is. The compaction is not the same either. The 10 gallon and the barrel will need soil added with the next watering.

Both are 11 days past their last drink. The 10 gal will get RO and Tea today. The barrel will probably get water and Tea tomorrow. Two days ago I thought it would be more than a week.

I tend to just add what I think a plant needs, then not remember what I did.The list in my last post is an attempt at a quick way to track what each plant is getting and when.

I never know

Thanks, I will only be tracking three plants and two clones for now. Adding the plant height and age will be helpful.

I have been taking paper notes and transferring them to a word document. I have two older lap tops with MS Office on them. I just need to clear off a space to use one.

It is rather easy to follow your tracks through this thread. Thanks for reading it.

You have a few months more experience than I have. If you think of anything that you wished you had an answer to before you needed an answer feel free to drop it here.

Best

I go with the rule of thumb of 1ml of drench per gallon of soil. I sometimes will go to 1.5-2 if they look like they really need it. Tea is always 1/10th of the drench you add. I am very frugal though and make sure all of the drench is absorbed.

When the plants are growing into the pots, do 2 plain watering between drenchs. Once they have filled the pot only do one between drenchs. I start with GE and alternate with Trans all through veg and flower with the exception of the cat drench. That I give when it's ready for it and it needs a drink. There's a good thread detailing when to cat drench that Shiggity started if you're uncertain about that, which most people are.

BTW, when you get to recharge, it's 0.38 ounce per gallon of soil.

And make sure you notate. My first run of soil got all out of whack because I didn't start that from the beginning and I'm a stoner. I can post a picture of my note book if it helps. If you run the same strain and keep everything in the same cycle you might be able to get away without it. But once you start going with different strains you really need a way to keep info on each one. Even if they start out on the same cycle, they will diverge at some point.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I go with the rule of thumb of 1ml of drench per gallon of soil. I sometimes will go to 1.5-2 if they look like they really need it. Tea is always 1/10th of the drench you add. I am very frugal though and make sure all of the drench is absorbed.

When the plants are growing into the pots, do 2 plain watering between drenchs. Once they have filled the pot only do one between drenchs. I start with GE and alternate with Trans all through veg and flower with the exception of the cat drench. That I give when it's ready for it and it needs a drink. There's a good thread detailing when to cat drench that Shiggity started if you're uncertain about that, which most people are.

BTW, when you get to recharge, it's 0.38 ounce per gallon of soil.

And make sure you notate. My first run of soil got all out of whack because I didn't start that from the beginning and I'm a stoner. I can post a picture of my note book if it helps. If you run the same strain and keep everything in the same cycle you might be able to get away without it. But once you start going with different strains you really need a way to keep info on each one. Even if they start out on the same cycle, they will diverge at some point.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

Please do post that picture of the notebook. Those insights are invaluable. And thank you for the measurement on recharge. I always misplace that bit of information. :laughtwo:

Morglie, may I ask how you use the Way Ahead? Also, how often do you use De-Stress?

Please do post that picture of the notebook. Those insights are invaluable. And thank you for the measurement on recharge. I always misplace that bit of information. :laughtwo:

Morglie, may I ask how you use the Way Ahead? Also, how often do you use De-Stress?

I don't have way ahead. I only have the standard one in bulk format. From what I've picked up on the forums, it sounds like it's best used in the earlier part of flower till a bit past the 2nd cat. I could be wrong on that though. It adds nutrients that 'super charge' the growth. It's a foliar for the plant as opposed to the soil like the other two are.

I haven't used de-stress very often once I figured out my first kit blunder of spraying way to much foliar. I have been using it more recently however, as Doc keeps mentioning it being good for clones to make roots. So I've been using it on early clones in soil, and also when I up-pot. I'm thinking it's helping boost the root growth. And my plants are looking better and better.

The requested screen shot

420-magazine-mobile641312545.jpg

Edit : on the back of the first page of my notebook I have my measurements for everything, and the flower length for each strain. I got tired of looking them up over and over.

Morglie,

One of the reasons for trying Doc's mix is to force myself to keep better records. If it is not simple, I will not keep up with the record keeping.

Are you saying to skip the Tea between drenches?

The Recharge info is going to help.

The GSC will need a Transplant dose next and probably an up pot when it drys out from that.

The Nightmare Cookies plant got her first watering tonight with RO only. It went 12 days and probably would have wilted tomorrow. I also added 2 gallons of soil because of the settling.

Extreme is also close to needing water. It will be interesting to see how well the two take to this watering.

I never know

Thanks KB,

This is my first experience buying seeds.

I have not notified the seed bank of the latest news yet. I elected the guaranteed shipping, so it's not like I am out the money. It is mostly the delay and hassle factor over something that is bullshit that bothers me.

The seed bank has been good to work with so far. They actually contacted me nearly two weeks ago asking if I had received the order.

I could not shake a felling that the order was not going to go smooth from the start though.

Sometimes, I hate it when I am right.

Best

Back
Top Bottom