The Canyon

That sucks about the Fed getting your seeds.

You mention skipping the tea between drenchs. Are you referring to the 1/4 transplant added to the plain waterings? I personally don't do that. I know a lot of people are, but I haven't seen a need to in my grow.

Keeping records isn't tough. Just need to write down what you do in order so that you can refer back to it when you need to know what drench to use. It can also be handy in tracking results. You'll notice on the page I posted, it mentions one of the strains smelling like cat piss. That was right after I gave it epsoms twice with ewc one of those times. I believe that is what really brought out the flavor as it's a Frankenstein strain.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

for what it is, when it happened to I was buying direct from ACE seeds. I sent them a picture of the nasty letter and they sent out a replacement with freebies to my wife this time, got thru no probs. I think my package had a total of 7 beans including freebies. small pickings if ya ask me but whadda I know.

all the best

Thanks KB,

This is my first experience buying seeds.

I have not notified the seed bank of the latest news yet. I elected the guaranteed shipping, so it's not like I am out the money. It is mostly the delay and hassle factor over something that is bullshit that bothers me.

The seed bank has been good to work with so far. They actually contacted me nearly two weeks ago asking if I had received the order.

I could not shake a felling that the order was not going to go smooth from the start though.

Sometimes, I hate it when I am right.

Best

Well that sucks! You weren't expecting to have to wait a little longer, but obviously there's some cosmic reason you haven't been privy to yet. They'll reship and you'll be fine. I swear, they're going to turn us all into breeders.

You mention skipping the tea between drenchs. Are you referring to the 1/4 transplant added to the plain waterings? I personally don't do that. I know a lot of people are, but I haven't seen a need to in my grow.

Keeping records isn't tough. Just need to write down what you do in order so that you can refer back to it when you need to know what drench to use. It can also be handy in tracking results. You'll notice on the page I posted, it mentions one of the strains smelling like cat piss. That was right after I gave it epsoms twice with ewc one of those times. I believe that is what really brought out the flavor as it's a Frankenstein strain.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I recently stopped doing the 1/4 Trans as well. Duggan convinced me to go with a "less is more" mindset and stick to two plain waters between the drenches. I think the last Carnivals I did like that appreciated it.

for what it is, when it happened to I was buying direct from ACE seeds. I sent them a picture of the nasty letter and they sent out a replacement with freebies to my wife this time, got thru no probs. I think my package had a total of 7 beans including freebies. small pickings if ya ask me but whadda I know.

all the best

Well that sucks! You weren't expecting to have to wait a little longer, but obviously there's some cosmic reason you haven't been privy to yet. They'll reship and you'll be fine. I swear, they're going to turn us all into breeders.

Something in the cosmos has had me collecting strains for a while now.

Not_Good.JPG

Well, I was actually asking about the 'Tea' as in the one in the smaller bottle. There was some back and forth about using it with the waterings. I decided to go with adding it for the first few waterings because I had not added anything other than one drop of Tea in a gallon of water when I up canned and changed to Kit soil.

Best

Well, I was actually asking about the 'Tea' as in the one in the smaller bottle. There was some back and forth about using it with the waterings. I decided to go with adding it for the first few waterings because I had not added anything other than one drop of Tea in a gallon of water when I up canned and changed to Kit soil.

Best

One of the things I'm learning is less is really more, even with the kit. Tea is, in Doc's words, "stupid strong" and should be respected. I have a sad batch of soil in my recent history because I overloaded it. I'm hoping to control my impulses better this time. Hmmmm, the reality is I plan to follow impulses arising from moments of joy. Sorry, slipped into the metaphysical. :laughtwo:

Best
Tea is a liquid humate and just needs to be added to the drenchs. I'm assuming it interacts with them in a way that you have to keep them separate until use which is why they aren't already mixed into the drenchs. There isn't any benefit to adding it at other times if your soil is in balance.

One of the things I'm learning is less is really more, even with the kit. Tea is, in Doc's words, "stupid strong" and should be respected. I have a sad batch of soil in my recent history because I overloaded it. I'm hoping to control my impulses better this time. Hmmmm, the reality is I plan to follow impulses arising from moments of joy. Sorry, slipped into the metaphysical. :laughtwo:
Yea, i did the same thing with my first batch. I'm just now finishing up plants in it as third run, which is working pretty well now. And my latest clones have been going into a new batch of soil. Let's see how I can do with fresh properly balanced soil. 😁

Tea is a liquid humate and just needs to be added to the drenchs. I'm assuming it interacts with them in a way that you have to keep them separate until use which is why they aren't already mixed into the drenchs. There isn't any benefit to adding it at other times if your soil is in balance.

Thanks, the plants that are in larger pots will be veggied longer than most members are doing. Keeping things in balance will be more of a concern for me than it would be if I were flowering them as soon as the roots filled a 7 gallon pot.

I up canned the GSC to a #15 pot with 10 gallons of Kit soil and drenched it with Transplant and Tea at 3ml/g and 0.5 gallon last night. She took 9qt. She had dried out in three days twice and was hardy enough to loosen the pot and lift it straight out by the trunk. It took 22 days to grow into the 3.5 gallon pot. I am impressed with that.

Best

Albuquerque has a cannabis testing lab that has walk in drop off hours. I will be there next week. My wife is having a knee replacement. So, I will be there with some free time for a few days.

I want to stop by and get a feel of the place rather than call and ask questions. I have a list of questions like what sample size? Do you accept shipments? What literature are you passing out? What are the testing options? How much does it cost?

The company has labs in several Western States. With luck, they could be a good resource for some members. Do a search for Steep Hill Labs if you are interested.

They have a THC, CBD and moisture test for around 40 dollars with tax. I will be taking a weeks worth of smoke or more. I may have some tested.

Wednesday will be the first day I will have a chance to check out the place. If anyone has questions for them I will try to get an answer for you.

Best

I stopped by Steep Hill's Lab in Albuquerque. They were very nice and did not charge me for my first test. I watched the process which is essentially grinding about a gram of flower in a clean grinder and placing the sample in a chamber that looked a lot like the herb chamber for a Volcano vaporizer only with a glass bottom and clicking a mouse a few times.

One interesting thing about there Express Test is, it is nondestructive, you get your sample back.

I have more information about there pricing and services that still needs uploading.

I am trying to locate some medical equipment while I am fighting some kind of flue that has me nearly nonfunctional. So, this may be all I get posted before I return to Abbq.

Best

redacted_Bag_seed_test_Scan.jpg

I moved the Girl Scout Cookie into flower four days ago and have given her two rounds of water, 2 gallons each time. The plant was 172 days from cutting.

The next feeding will be GE. I may add some soil mix before the drench or I may wait until the recharge. I am also thinking of Recharge, soil and EWC with the GE. There is a Brix due around then too. Is everything going to be too much? Thoughts.

GSC_3_29_17.JPG

I moved the Girl Scout Cookie into flower four days ago and have given her two rounds of water, 2 gallons each time. The plant was 172 days from cutting.

The next feeding will be GE. I may add some soil mix before the drench or I may wait until the recharge. I am also thinking of Recharge, soil and EWC with the GE. There is a Brix due around then too. Is everything going to be too much? Thoughts.

GSC_3_29_17.JPG

Amazingly so, all of that at once won't be a concern. :cheesygrinsmiley: This is the kit working its magic. I try to have the foliars and drenches on different days, so as not to potentially stress the plants.

She's a lovely, statuesque beauty Canyon. Made me think of Llama's darlings, with his 12' ceilings.

Thanks Sue,

I never could figure out why he used 600w lights with all that space. Did he show up anywhere that you know of? PM?

No he didn't that I could find Canyon, and I tried external connections to no avail. I don't like losing track of those I've grown so fond of, but it appears to come with the territory.

Ghost Train Haze
From Grow Marijuana site: "This strain's lower than average yields and its long flowering time mean it's not one for commercial growers. But for connoisseurs with patience, OG Ghost Train Haze will produce a high quality crop of extremely potent weed."

I planted two seeds July 28. One was a dwarf and the other was a regular size plant.

Thinking that sometimes the little plant that does not look like it is worth growing out turns out to be the keeper. Both were cloned on the same day and the dwarf continues to be a dwarf.

Dwarf was toped at 15" and put into flower 69 days ago. At 64 days I cut one of the better branches that amounted to 3 grams. Those 3 grams lasted me longer than anything I have smoked in a long time. The entire plant will probably amount to just under an ounce.

It deserves carful curing, a clean pipe and a friend to share with. Assorted citrus, with a sweet scent and a hint of fuel is what gets through to the brain after a few nose breaks and resets.

The normal plant has been in flower for 41 days and will have a low yield. The barrel pot was a waste with this one. Though, even an extra ounce, if it compares to Dwarf, would not be wasted space.

[FONT=&amp]
Grown from seed, this is a beautiful plant. It resembles a Norfolk Island pine. The symmetry is mesmerizing. Topping them was hard.

Best

The Dwarf
dwarf_ghost_train.JPG

Regular plant shortly before going to flower.
Ghost_Train_1b.JPG

At 39 days in flower.
Ghowt_Ttrain_1_3_25.JPG

[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom