The Canyon

I always look in Doc's signature How To Use The Hi-Brix Kit

Doc recommends same strength as GE in 7 gal pot (5-15ml per plant.)

So far I've just done 5ml per plant in however much water.

GSC looks ready for her 2 cat drenches :)

Thanks, I can work with those numbers.

The GSC had a Transplant + Tea two days ago. I would think she would need at least one light RO before the Cat drench. That would put the first Cat about a week away. What do you think? She is flip + 17 days now.

Thanks, I can work with those numbers.

The GSC had a Transplant + Tea two days ago. I would think she would need at least one light RO before the Cat drench. That would put the first Cat about a week away. What do you think? She is flip + 17 days now.

When to cat drench? There's a thead for that !
Timing the cationic drench

I do mine at about the same strength as Rad, mixed just the same way as the other drenches. Graytail taught me to do the drenches and Tea as separate additions, so I always end with Tea, steeped in about 12 ounces of water while I apply the drench. That's when I do drenches, which is every third watering.

I have been steeping the tea in less water for a while, and then mixing into the prepared drench. I will try adding the tea after the drench with more water.

The CBD Shark Shock weighed one ounce. It's not one hit pot but the cbd has a relaxing element to it. I have two clones of her.

There is another Albuquerque trip planned for next week so I will try to have the dwarf Ghost Train and SS tested.

I never know.

When to cat drench? There's a thead for that !
Timing the cationic drench

Well I managed three pages tonight, more tomorrow.

It is beginning to look like I have some time.

I have been focused on getting familiar with the routine of bringing them to flower. Tonight's conversations has answered a good portion of the questions I had going into flower.

Best

I have been focused on getting familiar with the routine of bringing them to flower. Tonight's conversations has answered a good portion of the questions I had going into flower.

Best

If you read the first 3 pages, you read enough to post pictures and ask questions - That's pretty much all there is for the rest of the thread :)

Thanks Rad, I decided to finish reading the thread. It goes rather quick with all the pictures. I am picking up some info along the way.

I have decided to order another kit and some extra amendment soon. I have about one gallon left now.

The Way did not come with the first kit. Should I order it?

I watered the GSC and did a Transplant drench on the NMC today.

GSC is barely showing small tricoms now. That will give me the choice of another RO or the first Cat next.

I never know

Thanks Rad, I decided to finish reading the thread. It goes rather quick with all the pictures. I am picking up some info along the way.

I have decided to order another kit and some extra amendment soon. I have about one gallon left now.

The Way did not come with the first kit. Should I order it?

I watered the GSC and did a Transplant drench on the NMC today.

GSC is barely showing small tricoms now. That will give me the choice of another RO or the first Cat next.

I never know

Doc simply included a small bottle of Way Ahead with my last order. I'd ask him to do the same for you. I keep forgetting to add that too. :laughtwo:

Best

I'm sending you a PM. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Two days ago my Extreme plant was due for a Transplant drench. She has had the look of too much nitrogen and a few leaves have yellow tips. Some leaves had edges curling up, others are getting a twist to them.

Looking back to, when I up potted her into the barrel, she had been in 3.5 gal of mineralized soil with a lot of slow release nutrients. After the up pot I thought I had over watered her. Now I am thinking it was just too much of a good thing.

I skipped the Transplant drench and gave her 6 gallons of RO and about a tablespoon of Epsom. Yesterday morning I had about ½ gallon of runoff from that watering. I gave her another gallon and got about 4 oz of runoff after about an hour, so I gave her another gallon. After that I had about ½ gallon of runoff. That is 8 gallons in about 14 hours with 1 gallon of it runoff. I am seeing overall improvement in her looks, so I think it was the right thing to do.

Today was Brix day for the three Kit plants. I skipped it for the Extreme.

GSC was wilting after two days. Did I mention that the humidity is low. She sucked up 2 gallons in about ten minutes.

Tomorrow I will retop the Extreme and get some photos .

Best

Extreme two days after the heavy watering.
DSCN19866.JPG

DSCN198712.JPG

DSCN19906.JPG

DSCN19898.JPG

DSCN19929.JPG

This is GSC at +21. Tomorrow or Monday she gets a GE drench. I will have a friend water things while I am out of town. Then a Cat drench about Thursday. That would be about flip+26.
DSCN199511.JPG

Ghost Train at +57. It is supposed to be a 10 to 12 week plant. I cut the dwarf at 64 days. The buds are not as big as they look. They are rather firm though. I never know.
DSCN19985.JPG

I swear Canyon, your plants look more like trees than anyone else's. :laughtwo: Nice frosting starting on the GSC. She's just loaded with bud sites.

I screwed up my drench schedule, and now I wait to see if it slows the momentum. I may get away with it. You can bet I'll pay closer attention to my documentation procedure from now on. Not a mistake I care to repeat.

I swear Canyon, your plants look more like trees than anyone else's. :laughtwo: Nice frosting starting on the GSC. She's just loaded with bud sites.

I screwed up my drench schedule, and now I wait to see if it slows the momentum. I may get away with it. You can bet I'll pay closer attention to my documentation procedure from now on. Not a mistake I care to repeat.

Thanks Sue,
She had her first Cat after a Transplant and two ROs. The Bud development has been rapid and dense. Though, the resin development was later starting and is still not up to what I have seen posted for flip+27. It has started to come on strong for about a week now.

The GSC was not topped. It just grew like that. Normally I would have held it in veggie and done a light topping to level it up.

With the barrels and some larger pots, I will do multiple toppings. It gives the roots time to fill the pot and the lower branches time to catch up to the top growth.

The lights I have are not that powerful, though I have a lot of them. And the Mars 600s have a rather wide footprint. That lets me get a lot closer to the lights. I have also found that older, larger plants tend to stretch less than younger plants.

The Extreme needs to be about 4 inches shorter when it goes into flower.

I never know

Everyone has there own way of tracking what gets done with Kit plants. This is what I have come up with.

Everything else gets whatever feels good when I am looking at the plant. That may change. [;>)

Girl Scout Cookies
Clone, cut 10/4/16

2/9/17 To Kit soil (15 day cook), Up pot. 3q to 3.5Gal, 3q week tea
2/17 Brix, GE 3q at 2.5ml/gal, Dry pot. 8 days
2/25 RO + Tea at 1.5ml/Gal, Dry pot. 8 days
2/27 Brix
2/28 RO + Tea at 1.5ml/Gal, Dry pot. 3 days
3/3 37" Up pot to #15 pot (10 gallon), Transplant at 3ml/g, + Tea at 0.5ml/g (2.25 gallon), Dry pot 3 days

? RO
? RO
3/14 43" Brix, GE at 3ml /g + Tea at 0.5 ml/g, (2 Gal)
? RO
? RO
3/24 50" Brix, Transplant at 3ml/g + Tea at 0.5ml/g (2.5gallon)
3/25 Moved to flower
4/27 RO 2 Gal (2 days)
3/29 RO 2 Gal (2 days)
3/31 RO 1 Gal (Wilted 2 days)
4/1 Recharge, 3/4qt EWC and 10g Roots in 1/2 gal of Kit mix top dressed and scratched in. Then, 1 gal Kit soil on top.
GE at 3ml /g + Tea at 0.5/g 2 Gal (1 day)
4/3 Brix
4/4 RO 2 Gal
4/6 RO 2 Gal
4/9 Transplant at 3ml/g + Tea at 0.5ml/g (2gallon)
4/12 RO 2 Gal
4/14 RO 2 Gal, Brix
4/17 Cat 3 Gal
4/20 Cat 3 Gal

The GSC is 58" (69" from floor) and 9" below the nearest light. That is closer than I would like. It is only one leader. I will leave it at least until I see signs of damage.

I am still learning what to expect from this light setup.

I never know.

Bigger buds on a bigger girl then :) I applaud her growth and support your decision to let her grow close to the lights.

Back
Top Bottom