The Hempire Strikes Back!

Hey..... Can I watch... I won't touch anything promise???:byebye::yahoo:

Hey brother you are more then welcome here! You can touch but if you break it you buy it lol

Don't be nervous, you've been doing this for a minute now you got it! If anything its a learning experience.

Ya i suppose I have it's just a little nerve racking for me and I think it is just because I got so use to cloning and i don't have to be so gentle with them lol. If a clone dies or doesn't root o well but if a seedling dies or fails to sprout it makes me sad to be quite honest lol. Just gotta get familiar with seedlings again , little refresher course lol.

I think it draws 207w from the wall :passitleft:

96x5=480... at least according to that calculator thinymadoodad in my start menu.

Ya it draws 207 from the wall lol. I wasn't sure how to describe it so i just figured it would be like cfls where if you have a 26w cfl its equivalent to 100w incandescent. I still don't have a super great understanding of leds however i do know i like them lol.

Now then lex, glad igot here before it got crazy. Taking a seat to see how she does :passitleft:

Happy to have ya along Mr Am4zin! We got a great group of people in here im digging it. Still trying to figure out who else isn't here yet.

I'll ignore the math and run with these words instead.

Lol ya it's simpler that way lol. I like the light and the girls love it so why get technical lol

Since SmokeSara is in the room, I'll toss out my idea for a mo-bettah LED light.

So, I love the LEDs, but 2 things seem to be missing in my mind. Heat's important in my world, so both my touches are heat related. The higher powered LEDs still put out plenty of heat... comparable in my mind to an HID.
Why not put an led fixture inside a cooltube? Seem like a no-brainer. I was considering lining a cooltube with the LED tape lights.
Also, while the lights pull AC power, the individual lights themselves are DC. Inside the fixture is a power converter making DC out of the AC. Why not externalize the power conversion part? Like a laptop power supply or even a power conversion brick like HID. This would allow you to run the light inside your temp controlled area and put the heat generating power conversion bit outside.

These ideas seem quite simple, so I'll bet other humans have had these ideas already and discovered why they don't work... but they seem like some free-range creativity to me.

I will leave the technical stuff to smoke sara lol however the led panel i have from mars hydro has two fans built in and really i don't think it runs any hotter then the cfls i had in the flowering box before i bought the reflector 98. Not really sure if that is much help to ya tead the stuff you are asking about are out of my league lol.

Great ideas Tead. For myself I have opposite needs and would need a light that produces heat, since nature isn't providing that for me here, most of the time, and my fresh intake air is cool. This makes it impossible for me to have lights that don't emit a fair amount of heat, unless I supplement with a heater or something which would kind of defeat the purpose.
An interesting post here which you may like. Light debate unplugged

Great ideas Tead. For myself I have opposite needs and would need a light that produces heat, since nature isn't providing that for me here, most of the time, and my fresh intake air is cool. This makes it impossible for me to have lights that don't emit a fair amount of heat, unless I supplement with a heater or something which would kind of defeat the purpose.
An interesting post here which you may like. Light debate unplugged

I use my cooltube output as a heat source in the winter. Love how handy it is... just pull off the vent tube... easy!

Tead's profile detail.... "Join Date Feb 2009"
Can you even imagine how many light threads I've followed over the years as LED technology was first introduced and explored?
Having said those words, I do still dive into them, and that one looks interesting so far... thanks for the pointer.

Sorry i haven't updated yet but i have had alot of problems in life lately. Also i had been waiting on a new phone since i broke my last one lol. Everytime i take pictures so i can put them up and get sidetracked before i know it little sally grows more and doesn't look like my pictures so i will take some pictures in a bit and definitely put them up i promise lol.

Hey sorry to hear about the problems Lexort. Anytime you want to vent, or whatever, just PM me- probably nothing I can do but - I certainly wish you well. I wouldn't feel any pressure about the journal. Well- I mean- I would, and I do, but I shouldn't, and neither should you. My journal has been a bit of a wasteland lately and I keep making excuses for it. But probably there isn't anyone is out there thinking- 'that damn Weasel/Lexort he hasn't updated in two weeks!' If they are... well, too bad I guess- it's not like I'm charging admission to the thing.
Really, it's all for fun. So don't sweat the journal. Take care of yourself and tend to the journal when things are flowing right and its enjoyable. I'll still be subbed.

Alright so like i said little sally d is taking off! In one of these pictures i swear there is trichomes which makes no sense at all lol let me know what yall think.
20160524_010942.jpg
20160524_010903.jpg
20160524_010834.jpg
20160524_010820.jpg
20160522_210659.jpg

Suspected trichomes picture should be the last one.

Back
Top Bottom