The Hempire Strikes Back!

I haven't gotten scholarly enough to figure out exactly what those trichomes are about or what they are called. I believe they're visible on the plant most of it's life if you look closely enough. If you get a microscope and start wandering over your plant you'll find little resin glands on stalks all over the leaves and stems. I have no idea if they have much thc. There are three types of trichomes, or so I have read, defined by their different size and shape. I'm assuming that they're mostly there to protect against predators. If you are taking a tour of your plant by microscope (something that's a lot of fun after smoking a bunch, though it's kind of hard work focussing the thing at least with mine) then you'll see what I mean. They look like they'd make it very difficult for anything to travel on the plant, since it's basically a dense and sticky forest.

Hey sorry to hear about the problems Lexort. Anytime you want to vent, or whatever, just PM me- probably nothing I can do but - I certainly wish you well. I wouldn't feel any pressure about the journal. Well- I mean- I would, and I do, but I shouldn't, and neither should you. My journal has been a bit of a wasteland lately and I keep making excuses for it. But probably there isn't anyone is out there thinking- 'that damn Weasel/Lexort he hasn't updated in two weeks!' If they are... well, too bad I guess- it's not like I'm charging admission to the thing.
Really, it's all for fun. So don't sweat the journal. Take care of yourself and tend to the journal when things are flowing right and its enjoyable. I'll still be subbed.
Ya know i might just take you up on your offer i normally don't like to vent cause in my mind they are my problems so why spread the negativity ya know. I have noticed you and i are particularly hard on ourselves, a little more so than necessary (not that we are the only ones that do it) btw i do wanna say i totally understand why you aren't wanting to post pictures to be quite honest i wasn't happy with my garden towards the end of my last journal so I didn't really wanna show my pathetic looking half dead plants, it gets quite discouraging and it's hard to put up pictures when your not proud of your plants. You do have a point though these journals are supposed to be for fun not a chore. I just really like it here at 420magazine i consider yall my friends even though non of us have met or anything. Im an asperger hermit so naturally i ain't use to friends i guess typically any "friends" i have had aren't really friends sounds harsh i guess but when people just use ya or if your just a convenient way to pass the time how can you truly call them friends ya know. Here however its not that way at all, i don't feel tense that much and the vibe is right. Maybe that doesn't make sense i don't always know if im coming across clear enough, either way i been rambling enough lol

I haven't gotten scholarly enough to figure out exactly what those trichomes are about or what they are called. I believe they're visible on the plant most of it's life if you look closely enough. If you get a microscope and start wandering over your plant you'll find little resin glands on stalks all over the leaves and stems. I have no idea if they have much thc. There are three types of trichomes, or so I have read, defined by their different size and shape. I'm assuming that they're mostly there to protect against predators. If you are taking a tour of your plant by microscope (something that's a lot of fun after smoking a bunch, though it's kind of hard work focussing the thing at least with mine) then you'll see what I mean. They look like they'd make it very difficult for anything to travel on the plant, since it's basically a dense and sticky forest.

Ya I've read as much lol about the different trichomes. These seem to be just the stalks although I haven't broke out the microscope yet and i might just do that lol. I hadn't thought to do that lol. I have seen this kind of thing on my last plants it just wasn't on the leaves like this one so it threw me off a bit! Its gotta be a good sign i figure though can't wait to see how sticky it gets in flowering if its already doing stuff this early on lol. From what I read i am pretty sure these don't have thc yet if they don't have heads (like i said haven't broke out the microscope yet lol) it seemed to me that thc is secreted in the trichome heads i could be wrong though been a good while since i read about that stuff

Well, let us know what you see in there if you do get out the microscope. It's a fascinating world in there and I should put a better scope on my wish list, because mine is hard to work with.
As for the hard times- most of it is state of mind I realize. Other people don't see whatever BS we have concocted in our heads to confuse ourselves. A lot of stuff relates back to diet and exercise and simple things like that, which have a huge effect on our wellbeing. I see people in this great forum all the time who are handling much heavier issues than me with a lot of grace. That's very inspiring to find ways to break out and move on/tackle whatever the latest life hurdles are. We can't be up all the time but we can definitely practice ways to get up, and learn to not make a habit of feeling down a lot. One step at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself mate.

Well, let us know what you see in there if you do get out the microscope. It's a fascinating world in there and I should put a better scope on my wish list, because mine is hard to work with.
As for the hard times- most of it is state of mind I realize. Other people don't see whatever BS we have concocted in our heads to confuse ourselves. A lot of stuff relates back to diet and exercise and simple things like that, which have a huge effect on our wellbeing. I see people in this great forum all the time who are handling much heavier issues than me with a lot of grace. That's very inspiring to find ways to break out and move on/tackle whatever the latest life hurdles are. We can't be up all the time but we can definitely practice ways to get up, and learn to not make a habit of feeling down a lot. One step at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself mate.

Well i went and took a peek with the microscope and the sparkley bits are a mix of trichomes heads without the stalks and some stalks without heads. It is indeed a fascinating world to check out lol. Your right moods are a state of mind i just haven't figured out how to stay in a good state of mind when negativity surrounds ya. I'll be in a decent mood then bam negativity finds me and smacks me down in the dumps. I hate how observant i am (to a certain degree) cause when i look around i see people who are selfcentered two faced inconsiderate selfish manipulative liars. It gets me down just seeing and talking about it and thinking about it so im gonna stop jabbering on about it cause my days been good so far. As for little sally she's blowing my mind. She already is working on internodes and she's not even that big yet, its this kind of vigor that makes me excited for flowering lol.

Well- here are some thoughts about negativity from one very experienced in it. *Warning- extreme mushy airy fairy gibberish which really has nothing especially to do with cannabis and I'll probably regret writing.
One thing I've realized over time is that we are very adaptable creatures. We tend to change to adapt to our surroundings or to circumstances. If we are feeling down, then we project the fear based negativity on to others- and they project it/reflect it back. If we are feeling up then we see things in a positive light and that also gets reflected back by others. I've seen how the 'facts' and 'reality' change based on my mood, I've seen it so many times that I know my perceptions are not to be taken too seriously. I have a choice to see things positively or negatively. Lots of days I go somewhat for the negative I confess. There was a real dark period in my life when I really thought the worst of everything and everyone. Not so much anymore but I'm still a little cynical.
But now I try to laugh at myself a little when I do think dark thoughts, and I know that the negative trip -it's a survival mechanism. It's not a very good one though sometimes it helps get you through something . I'm aware that it's basically just a bunch of crap. I can tell myself whatever I want about 'the way things are' and who's 'fault' it is- but part of me knows I'm just fooling myself.
The point is - our minds are very fickle and changeable. That's why we can have people in the world believing practically anything under the sun- some of them willing to die for whatever crazy scenario they've concocted in their minds. We choose a lot of our beliefs.
Feeling positive is a much nicer feeling, and so it's better to try and aim for that option as much as possible. The sources of that happiness in life are basic things which everyone sort of knows and says over and over and I won't list because it will sound like a hallmark card. But somewhere you know what that stuff is.
Look at the way this website functions. The choice was made to run it in a positive way, and that's brought out all sorts of good qualities and made this whole place possible. You've probably seen forums where this isn't the case and seen all the silly fighting waste of time shit.
Sure there's a little enforcement of the forum rules. It's kind of like that for us mentally- where we have to make those attitude decisions and be a little strict with ourselves sometimes.
No doubt you are often surrounded by assholes. I wouldn't be surprised, since they are everywhere and breed like fruit flies. Here too. I feel that way all the time. But on days when I feel good about myself and have a little power- those people look different. They look kind of weak, frightened. On a really good day I might say something friendly to one of them and then they'll maybe suddenly relax and drop their stupid attitude. Most of the time I just keep to myself and try to make a fairly nice little bubble of 'reality' for myself.
Life is a bit like a chalkboard or an etch-a-sketch. We have choices about how we see the world. It takes practice whichever way we do it.
There are only two basic things at the root of all our emotions - love and fear. Fear brings out the negative stuff. Love is something that oozes out when the fear is gone. That's the basic fundamental reality of everything, IMO.

That's about all the blather from me tonight. Geez...

Weaselcracker you said it so perfectly and basically described my life..... So boys were not alone in this sad little world. It's kinda the reason I ve been staying away from all you wonderful people, I ve just been in a shitty place in my own head dealing with friends and family BS. I respect the positivity that this site provides,knowing its really just the amazing people here, and I just found it hard to be in the lime light with y all when I was just hanging in the shadows trying so hard to truely and honestly fell and emulate the all round posative thoughts that you all share so well when my head is entrenched in all the negativity surrounding me. What you so wonderfully wrote truely stuck a cord with me man, thank you so much, and you as well Lex! We're all in this game together and know that total strangers like ourselves will always have eachothers back!:thumb:

I fukn luv you guys:circle-of-love::high-five:

Weasel I am in very much agreement here. You can be in the worst situation and be dying laughing, or you could be in the best situation and cry about it. We have all had that happen at different times. It is in those moments we realize that we alone determine how we exist in the world. When I have been at my best I have shrugged off the worst events and kept on going. Sure it is very hard to do at those times. Sometimes my only consolation at the moment has been that I am still vertical. But even that sometimes is enough.

Well- here are some thoughts about negativity from one very experienced in it. *Warning- extreme mushy airy fairy gibberish which really has nothing especially to do with cannabis and I'll probably regret writing.
One thing I've realized over time is that we are very adaptable creatures. We tend to change to adapt to our surroundings or to circumstances. If we are feeling down, then we project the fear based negativity on to others- and they project it/reflect it back. If we are feeling up then we see things in a positive light and that also gets reflected back by others. I've seen how the 'facts' and 'reality' change based on my mood, I've seen it so many times that I know my perceptions are not to be taken too seriously. I have a choice to see things positively or negatively. Lots of days I go somewhat for the negative I confess. There was a real dark period in my life when I really thought the worst of everything and everyone. Not so much anymore but I'm still a little cynical.
But now I try to laugh at myself a little when I do think dark thoughts, and I know that the negative trip -it's a survival mechanism. It's not a very good one though sometimes it helps get you through something . I'm aware that it's basically just a bunch of crap. I can tell myself whatever I want about 'the way things are' and who's 'fault' it is- but part of me knows I'm just fooling myself.
The point is - our minds are very fickle and changeable. That's why we can have people in the world believing practically anything under the sun- some of them willing to die for whatever crazy scenario they've concocted in their minds. We choose a lot of our beliefs.
Feeling positive is a much nicer feeling, and so it's better to try and aim for that option as much as possible. The sources of that happiness in life are basic things which everyone sort of knows and says over and over and I won't list because it will sound like a hallmark card. But somewhere you know what that stuff is.
Look at the way this website functions. The choice was made to run it in a positive way, and that's brought out all sorts of good qualities and made this whole place possible. You've probably seen forums where this isn't the case and seen all the silly fighting waste of time shit.
Sure there's a little enforcement of the forum rules. It's kind of like that for us mentally- where we have to make those attitude decisions and be a little strict with ourselves sometimes.
No doubt you are often surrounded by assholes. I wouldn't be surprised, since they are everywhere and breed like fruit flies. Here too. I feel that way all the time. But on days when I feel good about myself and have a little power- those people look different. They look kind of weak, frightened. On a really good day I might say something friendly to one of them and then they'll maybe suddenly relax and drop their stupid attitude. Most of the time I just keep to myself and try to make a fairly nice little bubble of 'reality' for myself.
Life is a bit like a chalkboard or an etch-a-sketch. We have choices about how we see the world. It takes practice whichever way we do it.
There are only two basic things at the root of all our emotions - love and fear. Fear brings out the negative stuff. Love is something that oozes out when the fear is gone. That's the basic fundamental reality of everything, IMO.

That's about all the blather from me tonight. Geez...
It took me awhile to determine how to respond to this and im still not entirely sure i do however I didn't want to take an eternity to respond either so here goes.... I do agree with pretty much everything you have said. I had been on another forum and promptly left for the very reasons you listed then i found my way here. I do get in a down mood quite a bit it's not like i want to be though. I find myself surrounded by people who will throw me under a bus if it suits their needs or wear a mask depending on who they are around when to me it is clearly an act. I see alot of people who just talk but don't back the talk up with their actions, i see attention seekers who don't care whether the attention is good or bad as long as they get the attention. I see people who don't consider the cause and effect of their actions and proceed to do things they want even if it will negatively affect some one they supposedly care about. Then there are those people who do think of cause and effect but use it to aid in there manipulation of others. Then i see people who just blatently lie and its obvious because their story to one person isn't the same to the next person. And when this is what you see it is rather hard to stay in a positive mindset. Now i suppose you could argue these people are good people inside but thats just it they may be however that is not what they project. Now what you wrote is spot on imo but why don't others understand that? I do like staying in my safe haven (home) where things are controllable more so.

In Star Wars terms it is because they fail to realize that the light side has true power. They see that the light side is the path of self control. Of virtue and hard work. They just see the easy sliding downhill path of the dark side and fail to see its pitfalls. But we keep trying because in the end even Vader was redeemed.

So venture in young padawan, stand steadfast for truth and the well being of others. And I will stand with you.

Inside us is a force of self preservation. It speaks the truth, and never ceases to speak, no matter how we try to ignore it. Even when our mind is clouded and ears closed. It causes us pain when we resist it, when we place ourselves in situations which harm us. It guides us towards the light, and away from those dark forces which are harmful to us. Rather than focus on those dark forces, or ask why, or question ourselves, we must focus on that inner voice. It tells us what to do.*

*A note for you on 'doing', young master.
Thinking, feeling, doing. Three different things, and each has its place in the whole. It's important to know that all three are needed. Imprison a young Jedi in a large paper bag. They may feel discomfort. They may think of many many things, and many ways to escape the darkness of the paper bag. But in the end, only by doing shall they be free.

May the force be with you. And it always is...;)

I like to paint my world with generalities and try to maintain that viewpoint. To that end, I see my world doing ups and downs over the days/months/years. It helps me not stress about the downs when my only viewpoint is from the trenches.

Sounds odd and pointless when I say it... but really it's just about maintaining a higher viewpoint of my life and the lives of those around me.

I really appreciate everyone's input on the matter its given me a fair bit to think about. This was like a jedi counsel wasn't it? Lol. Im happy to have you all along it makes for great conversations. Im gonna go take a couple pictures of sally since she is growing like a weed (pun intended lol).

Alright so here's sally d im not really certain how onld she is now but if i had to guess it would be 2 weeks roughly. She has some great vigor if you ask me lol.
20160527_200201.jpg
20160527_200237.jpg
20160527_200528.jpg
20160527_200534.jpg
20160527_200559.jpg

Ya im pretty sure i put enough duct tape, same amount as usual. Whyd you get root rot tead?

Like i mean how did the light cause root rot? I don't have much experience with root rot so learn me lol

Back
Top Bottom