The Legion Of Doob: Perpetual Chaos

Well it all worked out nicely in the end. Got lots of nice buds.I didn’t weigh them but there’s more than an lb and I been smoking a lot.

I was rewarded for letting the hermied Petrol Jam live. It’s amazing and I’ve found no seeds at all.

FA6D059E-121A-4ECA-834C-B3538D3EB9C5.jpeg

Got this Freak Andy coming up in a week or two. A few weeks ago I switched CalMag to a different brand and I guess I measured wrong and fried a lot of leaves. The buds are nice though. The last one was about 10oz and I think this is about twice as big so I’m kind of excited. It just started week 7 of flowering so it’ll be another two weeks or so.
DE326871-71F3-41C0-A650-506930C4685C.jpeg

And to replace the ones in the jars above I’ve got another Petrol Jam. I put this one in a 20 gallon fabric pot. It’s going to be huge I’m thinking. I’ll probably flip it in a few days. I transplanted it about a week ago.
FD7EC24B-B81F-4672-9658-8EF2B67F92D7.jpeg

:passitleft:

Well it all worked out nicely in the end. Got lots of nice buds.I didn’t weigh them but there’s more than an lb and I been smoking a lot.

I was rewarded for letting the hermied Petrol Jam live. It’s amazing and I’ve found no seeds at all.

FA6D059E-121A-4ECA-834C-B3538D3EB9C5.jpeg

Got this Freak Andy coming up in a week or two. A few weeks ago I switched CalMag to a different brand and I guess I measured wrong and fried a lot of leaves. The buds are nice though. The last one was about 10oz and I think this is about twice as big so I’m kind of excited. It just started week 7 of flowering so it’ll be another two weeks or so.
DE326871-71F3-41C0-A650-506930C4685C.jpeg

And to replace the ones in the jars above I’ve got another Petrol Jam. I put this one in a 20 gallon fabric pot. It’s going to be huge I’m thinking. I’ll probably flip it in a few days. I transplanted it about a week ago.
FD7EC24B-B81F-4672-9658-8EF2B67F92D7.jpeg

Ya gotta love big plants!

It’s just so much easier to have one big plant per tent. It’s a bit scary though. I was super bummed when I fried those leaves. Felt like I ruined summer cause of one plant, it’s fine now though.

I agree.
I'm shocked calmag did that. I dont thimk ive ever heard of over doing it. What brand was it? Was it a Nitro free version or something different? Looks pretty good now though.

Do you use Silica?

I agree.
I'm shocked calmag did that. I dont thimk ive ever heard of over doing it. What brand was it? Was it a Nitro free version or something different? Looks pretty good now though.

Do you use Silica?
I use MegaCrop which has silica in it. I’m just assuming it was the calmag cause that’s the only thing I did different that watering. It was from the guys who make MegaCrop “GreenLeaf” or something. I didn’t really do any flush or anything, just stopped using it and gave a light dose of my regular nutes the next watering. The damage all happened at once and didn’t really spread to any other leaves, although the damaged leaves did get worse over 10 days or so. The buds are nice and lush so I’m a lot less concerned than this time last week.

I use MegaCrop which has silica in it. I’m just assuming it was the calmag cause that’s the only thing I did different that watering. It was from the guys who make MegaCrop “GreenLeaf” or something. I didn’t really do any flush or anything, just stopped using it and gave a light dose of my regular nutes the next watering. The damage all happened at once and didn’t really spread to any other leaves, although the damaged leaves did get worse over 10 days or so. The buds are nice and lush so I’m a lot less concerned than this time last week.

If you didn't already use it i was gonna recommend it. I love me some Silica. So strange. I hope it all works out. Looks like you're on your way. That plant looks good

What is silica supposed to do?

PT Horticulture said:
Function of Silicon

Silicon seems to benefit certain plants when they are under stress. It has been found to improve drought tolerance and delay wilting in certain crops where irrigation is withheld and may enhance the plant’s ability to resist micronutrient and other metal toxicities (i.e. aluminum, copper, iron, manganese, zinc, etc.). Also, silicon has been found to help increase stem strength. For example, research found when rice and wheat are silicon deficient, their stems weaken and easily collapse in wind or rain (a condition called lodging); poinsettias treated with silicon have shown reduced stem breakage. Silicon has been found to increase certain plant species resistance to fungal pathogen attack. In the case of powdery mildew and phytophthora, disease attack was delayed in silicon treated zinnia, rose, sunflower, cucumber (all powdery mildew) and gerbera (phytophthora), but after 1-3 weeks both silicon treated and untreated plants had the same amount of disease. The modes of action for most of these benefits are uncertain and more research needs to verify these benefits.

Hey Doob, due to the leaders of our great state shutting everything down I won't be staying near the bay. I was looking forward to getting together, guess it'll have to be a day trip or something. Nice haul you got there I've seen you post a pic like that before. Pretty random looking, I like it.

Hey Doob, due to the leaders of our great state shutting everything down I won't be staying near the bay. I was looking forward to getting together, guess it'll have to be a day trip or something. Nice haul you got there I've seen you post a pic like that before. Pretty random looking, I like it.
Yeah everything is shut down around here. No Crazy Burger for a bit I guess. After you mentioned it last week or so, I had to have it. Thankfully they’re still open for delivery.

I’ve had some great havests for sure, the transition to big soil plants is a bit weird, not used to having so much of a single strain. No complaints, it’s a lot less work, and I picked the right plants to do it with so far. I can’t believe I not sick of the Freak Andy after smoking it for over a month, and the next one is a lot larger.

Weirdly the Petrol Jam that hermied is actually super good and has no seeds. It’s some of the stoniest and tastiest bud I’ve grown.

Congrats on the haul, Dr D! :thumb:
I put this one in a 20 gallon fabric pot. It’s going to be huge I’m thinking.
Wow! 20 gallons in a tent... that will definitely fill your space nicely. :high-five:
I use MegaCrop which has silica in it. I’m just assuming it was the calmag cause that’s the only thing I did different that watering.
I've read that you should not use calmag if you are using Mega Crop. I guess you found out the hard way. :nerd-with-glasses:

I've read that you should not use calmag if you are using Mega Crop. I guess you found out the hard way. :nerd-with-glasses:

The 20gal is HUGE. I haven’t even had to water it since transplanting. I did flip it on the 10th though.

I have the old v1.0 formula of MegaCrop and have always used Botanicare CalMag+ without issues, but the day after I switched to GreenLeaf’s calmag the leaf burn started. I’m pretty sure I overdosed them. I had to do a silly math word problem to figure out the dosage and probably did it wrong. If it takes 20g for 12 gallons it should take 8.3g for 5 gallons and there’s 5g to a tsp. There might’ve been a train leaving the station at 6:30 with 30 passengers on it too. :rofl:

I’m already giving them more than double the recommendation of MegaCrop so I figure I was already close to the edge and just pushed it a bit too far. The weird part is the other plants got the same mix and didn’t have any issues. That tent runs a bit hotter than the rest so that could’ve made it worse.

If you want to know how many grams per gallon then you need to divide the total gallon by the amount of grams, I think.

12 Gallon / 20 grams = 0.6 grams per gallon

0.6 grams x 5 gallons = 3.0 grams total

You almost tripled the dosage!

I think that's good math...

Is that good math?

EDIT:

I did the math other way and got your answer but from what you said that didn't work out. BTW: I think your math is better than mine... 1.67 x 5 = 8.35

If you want to know how many grams per gallon then you need to divide the total gallon by the amount of grams, I think.

12 Gallon / 20 grams = 0.6 grams per gallon

0.6 grams x 5 gallons = 3.0 grams total

You almost tripled the dosage!

I think that's good math...

Is that good math?
Haha those were just made up numbers, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if I did triple the dose or worse. It sure didn’t look good for a few days.

Well it all worked out nicely in the end. Got lots of nice buds.I didn’t weigh them but there’s more than an lb
Sure did! Excellent haul. :bravo:
I put this one in a 20 gallon fabric pot.
Whoa! That's gonna be a huger sucker than it already is!
It was from the guys who make MegaCrop “GreenLeaf” or something.
Oof, that stuff is practically poison. It's 13-0-0! You would need to have diluted it like 500% to get it down to a normal cal-mag supplement.
I've read that you should not use calmag if you are using Mega Crop. I guess you found out the hard way.
You can use calmag with MC if you balance the N-K ratio with silica (potassium silicate) like farside does. Just not Greenleaf's version of it!

Little update:
Freak Andy, buds don’t seem to have any lasting damage from the calmag overdose but the leaves look beat.
D91598D7-588D-4E97-9A9D-446B67708CF1.jpeg

3 and a 1/4 Petrol Jam clones for the next round. The bottom right one wasn’t rooted in the cloner but I didn’t want to wait on it. We’ll see if it survives, I think there is a little new growth.
9B798AEC-7B23-48FC-9A95-06A054CA8E04.jpeg

The 20gal Petrol Jam, I flipped her on the 10th I think.
B25984C6-EFD4-4FF6-AA0E-08E7C999CDFC.jpeg

20-gallon container + (relatively small) tent + decent lighting = calamity :rofl: .

What's the flowering period length on that one? In other words, is it likely to stretch for a while longer? Might end up with a monster. In a good way, of course, lol.

Back
Top Bottom