MrS your ladies look perfect man. Your knowledge and attention to detail shows in your girls dude. :headbanger:
:Namaste: Thank you!
Hope ya don’t mind me asking a quick question about the nitrogen discussion. I’ve been reading into urea nitrogen and how once it’s broke down it has a neutral effect on the soil. Just curious about what thoughts you may have. :passitleft:
I can try. I think they are referring to the type of charge it has in the soil, either positive or negative.
There are three chemical forms of nitrogen. The most common are ammonium (NH4 + ), which has a positive charge; nitrate (NO3 - ), which has a negative charge and urea ((NH2)2CO), which has no charge. Most fertilizer mixes contain a combination of all three nitrogen forms. When these nitrogen forms are added to the growing medium natural processes can take place that convert one form to another. Bacteria can convert urea to ammonium or ammonium to nitrate. Hydrogen ions (H+ ) which acidify the medium are released when ammonium is converted to nitrate. In growing medium urea is converted to ammonium very quickly in less than two days. Urea and ammonium are typically grouped together and referred to as ammoniacal nitrogen.

When the roots take up theses charged molecules, such as ammonium or nitrate, they release an identically charged molecule to maintain a balanced pH inside the plant cells. Nitrogen can be supplied as a positively or negatively charged form which allows the substrate pH to be altered.

Going back to an earlier post it was suggested that fertilizers contain higher levels of nitrate N over ammoniacal since nitrate N provides a shorter less leafy plant. We know urea is broken down into ammoniacal after a couple of days so really it's the same thing.
Using urea as the main N component would be the same as running a higher ammoniacal based fertilizer.

I hope that helps.

Ridiculous....

Hey MrS. Wrt your last post with the beautiful pics - are you considering them “in flower” now? :adore:
lol, good morning Boo.
Actually as Brother Krip pointed out I'm on day 13 now of 12/12. The pistils started showing up about three days ago so I would call this day three of true flower.

Really interested to see this one grow,
I tried some weed grown in the Meekong delta when I visited Cambodia a couple of years back.
I've no idea what strain it was and I have no idea what happened for the rest of that day but I remember laughing at everything and im also pretty certain I was fluent in Khmer for a few hours.
:thumb:

Really interested to see this one grow,
I tried some weed grown in the Meekong delta when I visited Cambodia a couple of years back.
I've no idea what strain it was and I have no idea what happened for the rest of that day but I remember laughing at everything and im also pretty certain I was fluent in Khmer for a few hours.
lol, thanks Bill. Now that's my kind of smoke report! :thanks:
It's gonna be a challenge since they are an equatorial plant. I can try cloning them and try and figure out how to get them to flower early for sexing, but if not it may be a long run.

lol, thanks Bill. Now that's my kind of smoke report! :thanks:
It's gonna be a challenge since they are an equatorial plant. I can try cloning them and try and figure out how to get them to flower early for sexing, but if not it may be a long run.
Hopefully the rewards will be worth the challenge.
I'm not sure how it would work with growing in artificial lighting but in Cambodia they grow just like an autoflower and start flowering as soon as they mature.
It will be interesting to see, hopefully you will get lucky with mostly females.

I can try. I think they are referring to the type of charge it has in the soil, either positive or negative.
There are three chemical forms of nitrogen. The most common are ammonium (NH4 + ), which has a positive charge; nitrate (NO3 - ), which has a negative charge and urea ((NH2)2CO), which has no charge. Most fertilizer mixes contain a combination of all three nitrogen forms. When these nitrogen forms are added to the growing medium natural processes can take place that convert one form to another. Bacteria can convert urea to ammonium or ammonium to nitrate. Hydrogen ions (H+ ) which acidify the medium are released when ammonium is converted to nitrate. In growing medium urea is converted to ammonium very quickly in less than two days. Urea and ammonium are typically grouped together and referred to as ammoniacal nitrogen.

When the roots take up theses charged molecules, such as ammonium or nitrate, they release an identically charged molecule to maintain a balanced pH inside the plant cells. Nitrogen can be supplied as a positively or negatively charged form which allows the substrate pH to be altered.

Going back to an earlier post it was suggested that fertilizers contain higher levels of nitrate N over ammoniacal since nitrate N provides a shorter less leafy plant. We know urea is broken down into ammoniacal after a couple of days so really it's the same thing.
Using urea as the main N component would be the same as running a higher ammoniacal based fertilizer.

I hope that helps.
Oh absolutely it helps my man. Cannot thank you enough and yes they were referring to the type of charge, my bad lol.

The reason I ask is because I used a grow formula to bring down the ph of my first grow when it skyrocketed up on me. The N is 17% with 2% ammonia 2% nitrate and 13% urea. So what you say is making perfect sense.

I cannot thank you enough MrS. I wouldn’t know if not for the discussions you had with oldsmokey to help his girls get the ph down.:thanks::high-five:

:ciao:Goodness gracious I didn’t realize it has been so long since I came by! Beautiful verdant garden as always and lots of great info! I hope you have a great rest of the day :peace: :love: :Namaste:

Plants look great, and nice chart! Thanks for explaining why LOGK#1 shrunk. :) I'll be curious to see what % the plants grew during stretch for an indoor grow. Seems to be much higher rate of growth than outdoor plants. I typically get about 25 - 35% additional growth once flowering begins - regardless of whether the plant was trained or not during veg. Many indoor growers claim their plants double in size.

can try. I think they are referring to the type of charge it has in the soil, either positive or negative.

I hope that helps.
Thank you shed well said!

Hopefully the rewards will be worth the challenge.
I'm not sure how it would work with growing in artificial lighting but in Cambodia they grow just like an autoflower and start flowering as soon as they mature.
It will be interesting to see, hopefully you will get lucky with mostly females.
Well looking at the sunrise and sunset times they are pretty much 12/12 all year round so I'll be running the lights on that schedule too. Hopefully the type of light won't cause them to mature early as I'd like it to happen the way it should or as close as possible. It's going to take some interesting training though, or just random lopping. :thumb:
Oh absolutely it helps my man.
Good stuff, glad I could help.
The N is 17% with 2% ammonia 2% nitrate and 13% urea. So what you say is making perfect sense.
Exactly as advertised then since that would have increased the ammoniacal to a higher value than 2%.
:ciao:Goodness gracious I didn’t realize it has been so long since I came by! Beautiful verdant garden as always and lots of great info! I hope you have a great rest of the day :peace: :love: :Namaste:
Thanks Candy. Nice to see you in here and my days for the most part are always good. They always start off right by waking up so I have that. Have a great weekend!
Plants look great, and nice chart! Thanks for explaining why LOGK#1 shrunk.
Haha, it comes from the Beezer collection. ;) I couldn't get my lights low enough for the correct lux at this stage of growth without a heat buildup so I'm guessing they tend to want to stretch more towards lights such as mine. Might be different now with the white LED's as they are pretty powerful.
Thank you shed well said!
Thanks smokey.
:Namaste:

:nomo: Mmmm....yes, very informative.
Your Pink man goo looks amazing!
That's what she said......**snickers**
Thanks VG! I'm on a roll right now with them as they are all playing nicely. I hope you've been well and things are settling down a bit for you now. Thanks for stopping by! :hug:

I almost missed the small print....**mars**

I hope that helps.
Helps a great deal! I've read your and Sheds discussions about this but this is the first time I've understood why! Good stuff!

Those plants just keep looking bigger and better Mr.S!
And those photos belong in a magazine!....oh, wait- they are in a magazine-... sort of... :)

Back
Top Bottom