The VipersNest Continuous

whats up pit v. hope all is well.
jumping in. if thats ok bro.
where were those seeds from?
sorry to see that. hopeful it wont effect everything. or was it too late.
i love that last box of buddage. you are the man!

i started some nirvana wonder womans outside in the ground in april.
pulled them due to (100 + temps) and put in 5 gal buckets last month. have them on 12/12 now and they are 4' now and budding like crazy.
not one hermi or male. i swear by nirvana's ak 48, auroara indica, swiss cheese and venus fly. now wonder womans on week 4 and are budding like crazy. i believe nirvana has the best customer service also. alice will always take care of you. i wonder if pirahna and tarantula have something to do w/ it?:peace:

Get that pollen! I swear your house must be like a mad scientists house with all the different grow experiments you have going.

The whole stress leads to increase in production or quality test would be sweet. There are so many different types of stress to test too, all of which would give varying results Im sure..good and bad. Of course heat stress or nutrient deficiency stress you wouldnt imagine could help a plant but stress from wind, or uv light can be a good thing. Stress can certainly be bad in many cases but as anyone who has ever supercropped a branch can clearly see, it can also be a good thing in the long run. It always seems like the biggest fattest nug on the plant is the one with the "pinched", "kinked", or just otherwise imperfect stem. I can see why some people used to think that driving a stone or piece of wood threw the base of the plant would increase yield. That HAS actually already been tested and been proven to NOT improve the plant. Thats pretty old school though, lol. But either way a test would be interesting,...you never know. That really sucks about the Godbud seeds Pit. Makes your stomach drop when those balls drop! Everything else looking good though man, as always.

There is a technique called "girdling" where you can use a wire or zip tie to increase yield by increasing vascular flow to the buds at the expense of the roots.

You have to time it right, maybe 2-3 weeks before harvest.

from Wikipedia:

"Like all plants, trees use two vascular tissues for transportation of water and nutrients: the xylem (also known as the wood), and the phloem. Girdling results in the removal of the phloem, and death occurs from the inability of the leaves to transport sugars (primarily sucrose) to the roots. In this process, the xylem is left untouched, and the tree can usually still temporarily transport water and minerals from the roots to the leaves until the roots die. Death occurs when the roots can no longer produce ATP and transport nutrients upwards through the xylem."

There is a technique called "girdling" where you can use a wire or zip tie to increase yield by increasing vascular flow to the buds at the expense of the roots.

from Wikipedia:

"Like all plants, trees use two vascular tissues for transportation of water and nutrients: the xylem (also known as the wood), and the phloem. Girdling results in the removal of the phloem, and death occurs from the inability of the leaves to transport sugars (primarily sucrose) to the roots. In this process, the xylem is left untouched, and the tree can usually still temporarily transport water and minerals from the roots to the leaves until the roots die. Death occurs when the roots can no longer produce ATP and transport nutrients upwards through the xylem."

Thats exactly the kind of thing you would never know unless you tried out a set of experiments. Crazy though, Ive never heard of that. Makes sense though.

from Wikipedia:

question:
heard that to make the col. gold, gold, that the growers would gird or remove the outer bark all the way around the stem .. a band about an inch wide, and that is what caused the gold color....does that work or just a myth?? thank you for your time...L:goodjob:

Girdling of peach trees to increase fruit size and provide an earlier harvest is common.

The same principle is used - on branches - of plants in the air-layering process to provide rooted clones while the branches are still attached to the mother. A rooting-medium is packed around the wound, secured in place, and kept moist. Once a root-system forms, the branch is cut from the mother and is at that point a fully-viable plant in its own right. Helpful for gardens with lower allowable plant numbers? Probably, because until one cuts the branch free, the whole is still only one plant.

Thats exactly the kind of thing you would never know unless you tried out a set of experiments. Crazy though, Ive never heard of that. Makes sense though.

As Tor mentioned, it's more common knowledge among fruit tree growers.

You can also gird individual branches on weed plants so that you don't run the risk of prematurely killing the entire plant by girdling the main stem too early. The really small skinny zip ties work well if you can get them tight enough. If you go too tight, you cut off all circulation, and if you go too loose, it will be ineffective, so it has to be done with care.

question:
heard that to make the col. gold, gold, that the growers would gird or remove the outer bark all the way around the stem .. a band about an inch wide, and that is what caused the gold color....does that work or just a myth?? thank you for your time...L:goodjob:

Unfortunately, there is so much myth and lore surrounding strains like colombian gold, panama red, etc., that it's really hard to determine if the gold color came about through splitting the main stem or whether it was a strain characteristic.

Unfortunately, there is so much myth and lore surrounding strains like colombian gold, panama red, etc., that it's really hard to determine if the gold color came about through splitting the main stem or whether it was a strain characteristic.

At least some of the golden hue seems to have been from the curing process.

Regardless, I chuckle every time I hear some 'droid on television spouting off about how cannabis 40+ years ago was weak and very low on the percentages or when I see a picture in an old school textbook of what cannabis looks like and its just some leaves, stems, and seeds. There has always been exceptional cannabis if one knew where to look. As far back as the beginning of the last century there were articles published in American medical texts that stated how if the female plants were kept from being pollinated they would produce more potent product. And you just might wander around in an antique store and discover an old dusty bottle that once contained a tincture.

whats up pit v. hope all is well.
jumping in. if thats ok bro.
where were those seeds from?
sorry to see that. hopeful it wont effect everything. or was it too late.
i love that last box of buddage. you are the man!

i started some nirvana wonder womans outside in the ground in april.
pulled them due to (100 + temps) and put in 5 gal buckets last month. have them on 12/12 now and they are 4' now and budding like crazy.
not one hermi or male. i swear by nirvana's ak 48, auroara indica, swiss cheese and venus fly. now wonder womans on week 4 and are budding like crazy. i believe nirvana has the best customer service also. alice will always take care of you. i wonder if pirahna and tarantula have something to do w/ it?:peace:

the seeds are from BC Budepot....I cant list the link...google it
no the loss was just losing plants but the remainder were not polinated. Im collecting pollen not on the biggest male.

Lemon Skunk...couple Godbuds....all under 2K....
in this configuration Im getting over 80 watts a foot....obviously that will diminish was they grow larger

002454.JPG

001427.JPG

003426.JPG

007326.JPG

006334.JPG

005385.JPG

Pit Plants look great.I got a Question for ya, ever try them smart pots? Dude they produce a hella root structure. Like none I ever seen before. And as many plants as I have I even reuse them. Maybe I'm cheap, but it works. I been growing in 2 gallon sized inside and 5's outside. I have some 5 footers in the 5's outside and they still got room to spare. Keepem green

Pit Plants look great.I got a Question for ya, ever try them smart pots? Dude they produce a hella root structure. Like none I ever seen before. And as many plants as I have I even reuse them. Maybe I'm cheap, but it works. I been growing in 2 gallon sized inside and 5's outside. I have some 5 footers in the 5's outside and they still got room to spare. Keepem green

I have seen them but havent really looked at them. Im new to soil and I figured KISS would be good until researching further....they obviously work...but I already had the pots bought and didnt know about sizing for the air pots...I figured i would watch someone else test then while I got my dirt game on. I would try them...Ill try anything if it works.

Keep an eye on my journal were starting to phase in smart pots, 1 gal for veg, 5 for flower. This first set of flowering will be 7gal hard pots but the next run will include some of the 5 gal smart pots. But the 1 gals are working like a champ. And we have 2 mothers in 5 gal smart pots also.

Im looking at both Air and Smart....

Well you know my preference. AirPots! But it seems they both work well. The Airpots are very sturdy and easily reusable. They don't wear out. Sales pitch over! ;)

Back
Top Bottom