TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

re: TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

Yeah I usually wait until I can pull the plant out of its solo cup or small starting pot . I always wait till its bone dry. If I can't , then I water again and wait till the next dry cycle . I also use roots exelarator and it helps fill them out under the dirt as well.

Yeah, I hear you. I think i just need a little more experience probably. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and imagine I am a master grower. Hahahaha!!!

Pull it out how? Just by the stalk?? That sounds like a stupid question... is it?:cheesygrinsmiley:

When the dirt is dry, turn pot upside down and gently pat bottom while lightly squeeze corners of old pot. My SLH would not fall out and I applied more pressure then I wanted to on the corners to get all the soil out in one piece. Bigger root ball will keep soil packed for easy transfer.

Cheers

I use the back of a tablespoon to work the soil loose from the sides, then flip pot upside down and smack the bottom. This has worked well for me in the past, except this time round. Maybe that is not the best approach. I'll try your and waknbak's method next time.

LOL! So it was a stupid question. Hahaha!!! I thought so.

On this site, too stoned is a goal we should all try and achieve. LOL

I hope you're right DrCannabi. I felt really bad for them. I think the medium was too dry, because it came apart in my hands and the poor plants were flopping around.

Miller, what do you think the reason was for the difficult transplant?

Hi Blaze,

Here's what I do, my plants never skip a beat when transplanting.

For up potting always make sure your soil is watered to field capacity before the transplant. Also make sure to water the plants the day before up potting. Using mycos or something similar is no longer up for question in my mind. I'll never transplant without it. After a week or so brew a nice AACT with EWC and BSM and water them thoroughly.

You'll never doubt your up potting again.

Thanks Doc. I did some of what you suggested, but not all. I didn't water the plants the day before. I left them for 36 hrs for the medium to dry out. I thought that the medium should be a little dry when transplanting. Was I wrong? It would appear so. I did drench the medium in the bigger pots with an 80% nute strength solution. I only put a litre in each pot, but it was too much as a lot of it just ran out the bottom of the pots.

I don't know much about teas, but will that work for a grow using chem nutes and coco? I was under the impression you don't mix salt nutes and organic growing methods. I do have a beneficial microbes solution I used on my last grow. I'm not convinced it did anything though. So no real change and if anything some of the plants seemed not to like it much. Hard to tell, could have been my imagination though. Should I add some bennies tonight when I feed them? The stuff I use is called EM pro-soil. It is packed with living microbes.

I have good news and bad news. Plants have now perked up and not drooping anymore, but a few of the plants have developed a deficiency on their lower fan leaves. How does that happen from a transplant? They were literally the picture of health before the transplant. The deficiency is expressing itself as light yellow/gold rust on lower fans. That would point to calcium deficiency right? I did charge my medium with calmag though. Should I add a little more with their feed tonight? Could this just be from shock, and if so should I just wait it out?

Thanks guys!!

Thanks Doc. I did some of what you suggested, but not all. I didn't water the plants the day before. I left them for 36 hrs for the medium to dry out. I thought that the medium should be a little dry when transplanting. Was I wrong? It would appear so. I did drench the medium in the bigger pots with an 80% nute strength solution. I only put a litre in each pot, but it was too much as a lot of it just ran out the bottom of the pots.

I don't know much about teas, but will that work for a grow using chem nutes and coco? I was under the impression you don't mix salt nutes and organic growing methods. I do have a beneficial microbes solution I used on my last grow. I'm not convinced it did anything though. So no real change and if anything some of the plants seemed not to like it much. Hard to tell, could have been my imagination though. Should I add some bennies tonight when I feed them? The stuff I use is called EM pro-soil. It is packed with living microbes.

I have good news and bad news. Plants have now perked up and not drooping anymore, but a few of the plants have developed a deficiency on their lower fan leaves. How does that happen from a transplant? They were literally the picture of health before the transplant. The deficiency is expressing itself as light yellow/gold rust on lower fans. That would point to calcium deficiency right? I did charge my medium with calmag though. Should I add a little more with their feed tonight? Could this just be from shock, and if so should I just wait it out?

Thanks guys!!

No, cal mag burned them with 80% nutrient added. What was PH of feed? If you PH lockout, plant can't feed and more salts burn rather then feed. Flush with PH 6 water to unlock feeding.

Cheers

My SLH had same issue but is recovering nicely now that I found the issue and fixed it.

The pH of the feed was 6.06, and a lot of it ran out as there was no roots in the new pots to help trap the solution. Did you fix your SLH with a flush? The issue I'm having on a few of the plants does look similar to the spots you had on your plant. What confuses me though, it that one White Rhino has it and the other doesn't?? These 2 plants look identical in structure, so I would imagine they are genetically very similar. Yet the slightly bigger of the 2 WRs is the one showing the spots.

I know, right. It's Mg caused in my case by alkaline tap. After a few rough days she turned the corner and unlocked. I just have to be careful with my PH from now on it seems.

:nomo::thumb:

Milertm is correct, when transplanting, no food. No matter what style you grow. If it's on soil, transplant should just be h2o and a good root simulator with our without a small amount of starter food :) Right now, I wouldn't do anything but keep an eye on them and be ready to flush if they start dying. Chances are they will be ok.

The AACT is definitely worth checking out. Organics and synthetics can work together to some extent. An organic grow will be ruined with synthetics, but given a light hand, Organics can be used successfully in a synthetic grow. I have a buddy who uses both and he grows way bigger plants than I do :)

Thanks so much guys! I feel better. The plants are also looking a little better as well. Right now, they are in their dark phase.

I had a chat to my mentor as well, and he seems to think it is root damage and not a deficiency of the soil. He says he has had something similar and suggests I just wait a while. His advice was similar to Doc Cannabi's and suggested bennies to help the roots recover. He said if the roots are damaged badly enough, it will show up as a deficiency as well. This would explain why only 2 of the 6 plants have the issue. By the way, the hurt ones are one White Rhino and one Exodus Kush. Both seem to be recovering, although slower than the other 4.

The coco is still quite damp, so I might do nothing for another day or just give them a little calmag with bennies. Only 500ml solution per plant, which won't saturate the medium again.

Good plan??

Yep

Back
Top Bottom