These things grow like weeds 2nd CFL, Soil Grow

Hot damn man Ladys seem to have turned out great!! Wish i had the space that you do lol seems like space is always an issue though. You gotta tell us how it smokes when you spark the girls up!

With only cfl's i must say +rep and cant wait to see the next one.

Update....all is growing well...passive hydro girls are growing much faster than any soil grow i have done....and so far passive hydro has been very easy.
IMG_00362.JPG

IMG_00353.JPG

Update....all is growing well...passive hydro girls are growing much faster than any soil grow i have done....and so far passive hydro has been very easy.

Thanks for the update and for sharing that info!

The few grows I did about 25-30 years ago were passive hydro using lava rock as the medium.

I grew bag seed, which were Mexican sativas, and for nutes I used some really cheap red and blue powdered soil nutes. I'm pretty sure it was MG regular and MG tomato.

They grew tall and produced lots of small but decent smoking buds.

Looking back on it now, I'm amazed that I got the results I got back then, but plants in passive hydro are not as prone to over-watering as soil, and over-watering is what got me in trouble when I started growing again.

I'm surprised they grew that well with cheap soil nutes, though, since I'm sure lots of micro-nutrients were missing.

I'm glad you decided to try passive hydro so I could learn more. This is a great journal!

ss

:thanks: SS ..... yes this test with passive hydro was test to see if a guy like me and cfl's with very cheap nukes could grow a small personal crop ...faster (veg stage) and with bigger harvest than past soil.

I see a lot of first time grows with bare minimum nukes and no HID lights. In my opinion that is best way to start a grow...till you know you can do it then up grade and grow some real monsters.
Some may not be able to use hid lights for whatever reason.... hopefully this journal will do what Hazeseekers...fluroman...and countless other journals did for me show people that you can grow some nice bud on limited space/money/nukes/lights.
The nukes i use for this example is orchid bloom one teaspoon, lime one teaspoon, Epson salt 1/4 teaspoon ....if your ph is high hit it with lemon juice and if it is low hit it with backing soda.
And results always speak for them self....plant are loving it and getting what they need to do there thing....so far....things could change tomorrow but this growing thing is something that can easily be done on low budget and no one should feel to grow they need all kinds of nukes and special lights....then after they get there feet wet they can upgrade to their capacity
The nukes i use i bought 2 months ago and spent 6 bucks...and have enough to last me few more grows the lime was 8 bucks and i have a lifetime supply of that...and Epson salt was few bucks.....those cover most of major and minor nukes MJ needs ...as far as i know.
Today i watered girls thats why i had them all on floor...took 10 minutes and i am done for 3 days...maybe 4. I nuke girls every time now as people have suggested or shared their experience. I have water that has been sitting for 24 + hours i add teaspoon of nukes and of lime dolomite...powder form...and like 1/4 teaspoon of Epson salt....mix it test ph if high i add very little lemon juice if low add 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda...then when i get it to 5.5 i water them let them drain to top of holes in pot...tip them let out a little more and back under lights they go....really simple IMO
At start of this grow i lacked Calcium and Sulfur from my nukes and no soil to get it from :) so saw def and had to add them....once i did plants really took off and stopped showing any sign of needing anything else. So my biggest concern about doing soil less was feeding them what they needed. Once I found this mix I was at ease.
So far this a great hold over to anyone wanting to go soil less without a lot of investment.
Now lemon and baking soda are not great at holding ph level and this is why i don't mix stuff ahead of time...but again for anyone with a soil grow or two under there belt this is the simplest way to get away from soil IMO
And this is turning into a book....LMAO I am super high!
Test bud Update.......
IMG_00422.JPG

the bud on the left has dryed some and bottom of it fell off bud into my bowl a few times already today! ....Even without curing smoke it smooth and taste is awesome...hash/sweet/fuel taste ....can't wait to taste it cured for couple weeks....High is all head 70 cloudy/30 clear tricomes and last a couple hours or more...going to test that tomorrow first high and time it :)
OK bud on right is one i chopped today....another test bud....cause i really liked first test bowl plus bud was off to side not directlly under light...so down to 7 main colas on plant and all it's nugs....will try to borrow scales to get these two buds weight....before i smoke it all LOL

Hey tunes, do you think it'd be alright to use hydroton in the hempy buckets instead of perlite&vermiculite? What do you think the main difference would be?

:thanks:
TheCriMsonK20 yes the buzz is super. Will be small harvest...but some very nice bud :passitleft:

:thanks:
CharlieMopps yes hydroton will work fine...I have heard of hydroton mixed with coco too
big differance will be more neutral medium and probably more air to roots cause they create nice air pockets (hydroton)

OK all my tricomes are all cloudy 7 1/2 weeks 12/12 :slide: SO off with the top buds and the rest will sit in flower room for longer :popcorn: until it grows me some bananas :cool:
might need to pull more buds dont want to waste any :grinjoint:
OK so i smoked the bigest bud already then there were 8 more main colas that i chopped one was able to weight cause it is dry...others have to wait...but with 7 largest buds weighing what this second dry buds weights and we are already at goal weigh for this plant :) Nice heavy solid bud ....Very sticky...and the smoke is outstanding with a sweet / hash/ fuel type taste...and smooth with little or no jar cure time.. all buds will be jar cured....Love the taste it brings out in bud.
untitled44.JPG

close up of tricomes
IMG_00524.JPG

The first bud is almost gone and was biggest so quess it was 5 grams
IMG_00295.JPG

...Second bud i pulled is dry and in jar and weight on that came in at 4.1
IMG_00654.JPG

IMG_00702.JPG

so if just the 7 to right all weight 4 then we already got 28 grams ...and one i smoked was 5 and small bud is a couple...so easy to say with just these 9 buds i was able to get over a ounce of dry bud....This is a nice strain...cause i never grew bud like this before...solid...filled with resin....I was worried the buds were thick cause they got seeds from that male ...that was in flower room or bananas....but was really pleased to find sticky resin and not a sinlge seed or sign of banana yet :) Need less to say i will clone this strain till the cows come home...Heard they were in califonia...don't think they will be comming home ....:grinjoint:
IMG_00632.JPG

IMG_00621.JPG

IMG_00644.JPG

IMG_00592.JPG

IMG_00583.JPG

IMG_00611.JPG

IMG_00573.JPG

IMG_00602.JPG

little bud on right was smallest main bud of plant....I smoked a bit off the biggest bud on plant (one on left) :cool:

IMG_00531.JPG

above you can see different drying stages of buds...one is dry and in jar...two others are 2 days from jar and last 5 are 4 days from jar...got to make sure they dry ;)...i will get total weight for buds in 3 or 4 days when last 5 i picked today are dry....then during curing i expect to lose a bit more weight...but what i hoped to get from plant is drying the rest is all + sitting in flower room getting more fat...heres what she looked like after a oz of nice :yummy: was cut from her
IMG_00543.JPG

IMG_00782.JPG

IMG_00753.JPG

A bit more time on buds but picking major nugs when we get 30 % amber...and hope smallest bud sights will give me some bananas soon after to make seeds of this fair yeilding .....awesome quility....super head high
bag seed :bong:
IMG_00792.JPG

there has to be another half oz on her now or at least it will in week or so...wow...i think i found myself some of that good far out bag seed....Have a big clone of this strain already that is mother ship and took 8 clones from here already... didn't even make her bat a eyelash ...and 3 1/2 of those clones are still alive :smokin:...in my other grow got them puppies in passive hydro
and picks of mother ship after cliping 8 clones are in other journal...3 will live one i am not sure about :smokin:
IMG_00802.JPG

The plant above is very last of clones from my very first grow...It grows bananas if you sneeze...It makes number 8 plant that i grew and all have Hermie at different times...this one is being watched closely ;) just growing till i can't safley keep up with bananas...havent seen none yet but...is just a matter of time....I cloned the mom from my first grow Alot! flowered mom and now 7 clones from her...then her strain is almost dead....next up in flower room i have two from strain of same bag that has hermie tendencys...so have to watch those two....then that strain will be forever gone :woohoo:
two other hydro clones are from the hash tatsing very low yeilding bag seed strain.
IMG_00823.JPG

i will grow these all out just for some bud while i build my army of bud lady clonessssss :smokin:
IMG_00813.JPG

Lights are always close as possible unless i am taking picks :grinjoint:
IMG_00844.JPG

Here are 4 clones from two strains that will be grown just for bud one strain low yielder and one stain has Hermie tendency's
IMG_00853.JPG

and here is my mother ship after taking 8 clones ... strain i am going clone happy on ....in case you can't find my other grow...Hydro one in my signature

IMG_00175.JPG

:roorrip:

Welcome back fuuji0019 :) ya sometimes they do touch on fluro but burn on cfl's
all pots have something under them to catch water :smokin: and wire comes down from over head to sit on table ....and hope to switch to hps in few weeks so will really see what this passive hydro can do :) Will start new journal for that when i get it. Little by little :)

Back
Top Bottom