Tomula's Living Organics In Soil With Olla Irrigation Perpetual Indoor Garden

Hey there brother T - Thrips are easy to get and also easy to get rid of.

Here's how:

You need to start doing a every 2-3 day IPM (integrated pest management) routine. Do NOT skip to 4 days, either 2 or 3 days no longer.

You need to treat the plants and the soil with Spinosad. This will be sprayed on the plants and the soil mixed with water every 2-3 days.

Spinosad AKA Monterrey Spray - it's organic: Mix 2 tbs with 1/2 gal water and spray all the plants, soil and surrounding area (floor).

Link:

I see you're in the EU - look for this on the Amazon EU website..

51v_IdfVRUL.jpg

Sprayer Link: It's a 1 gal Chapin 20000 1-2 tbs with water spray the ladies .. all the way to harvest. Again organic .. also you can add in other goodies with the Monterrey spray. I like to add in coconut water (pure, no sugar no preservatives) and Ful-power as well.

514_gAvGNTL_SL1200_.jpg

If you do not get rid of these pests they will decimate your plants and they will spend all energies to fight these pests off and NOT build the flowers you want.

Everyone that grows container plants get these and other pests so may as well figure out a routine to keep them at bay. I'm a lazy gardener, this the EASIEST way to get rid of them.

Hey there brother T - Thrips are easy to get and also easy to get rid of.

Here's how:

You need to start doing a every 2-3 day IPM (integrated pest management) routine. Do NOT skip to 4 days, either 2 or 3 days no longer.

You need to treat the plants and the soil with Spinosad. This will be sprayed on the plants and the soil mixed with water every 2-3 days.

Spinosad AKA Monterrey Spray - it's organic: Mix 2 tbs with 1/2 gal water and spray all the plants, soil and surrounding area (floor).

Link:

I see you're in the EU - look for this on the Amazon EU website..

51v_IdfVRUL.jpg

Sprayer Link: It's a 1 gal Chapin 20000 1-2 tbs with water spray the ladies .. all the way to harvest. Again organic .. also you can add in other goodies with the Monterrey spray. I like to add in coconut water (pure, no sugar no preservatives) and Ful-power as well.

514_gAvGNTL_SL1200_.jpg

If you do not get rid of these pests they will decimate your plants and they will spend all energies to fight these pests off and NOT build the flowers you want.

Everyone that grows container plants get these and other pests so may as well figure out a routine to keep them at bay. I'm a lazy gardener, this the EASIEST way to get rid of them.

Hi man! I do have Spinosad, but. I do have a lot of spiders and other insects in there and I do not really want to kill them all. Plus the thrips are easy threat and I think DE is gonna get them. I will put it onto stems, so that way they will get affected. I'll water from bottom this time. Last time I had hundreds of them in the pots. I will keep an eye on them after DE application but I think I'm good. Spinosad I keep for the heavy infestation. I just hope they do not spread any viruses this time. I will get to them in a few hours and rethink it again. Thank you for your insight! Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

So I did apply a coat of DE to the top soil which is pretty dry now, like a crust. I like it. Here are some photos, also small shars was making new friends :) No not really the slug is swimming with the sharks. I would have sprayed the DM on the lower leaves but the light was still on and I did not want to risk burns. Here are few pictures:

P10000871.JPG

P10000882.JPG

P10000913.JPG

P10000903.JPG

Thank you for stopping bye and your attention! I wish no bugs make it to your garden! :love: :Namaste:

Thank you, everything I make from the harvest will be used to enhance my knowledge and environment capabilities. I want to be pro, might as well get what the pros have (no blue traps?, duh...) . Legalization is behind the door and I want to be among the first to walk in and help ppl. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

What are Blue Traps???
The 1gal pressure sprayer you show I have and is it the same as a "Hand Held Mister"???? I was reading where I need it for treatment but wonder if the 1gal sprayer is the same? I know the 1gal sprayer I have dosent mist, it sprays. I use it for my yard grow for fall Caterpillars. So do I need to buy a mister too???
I want to be a master grower too Tomula!!!!!!!
Great Day!!!!!!!

What are Blue Traps???
The 1gal pressure sprayer you show I have and is it the same as a "Hand Held Mister"???? I was reading where I need it for treatment but wonder if the 1gal sprayer is the same? I know the 1gal sprayer I have dosent mist, it sprays. I use it for my yard grow for fall Caterpillars. So do I need to buy a mister too???
I want to be a master grower too Tomula!!!!!!!
Great Day!!!!!!!

Blue traps are sticky blue traps, that attract some bugs and flies. Just like the yellow sticky traps. I put the blue trap into the pot so that the thrips can get caught. Didn't do it this time. My bad this happened...

On the positive side the heatsinks for my light arrived, I stripped them off their fans. Great deal 5,5 dollars a piece.

P10000933.JPG

I'm sure you are on the right path to be master grower! Have fun! :love: :Namaste:

The girls are looking awesome Tomula! Also love your ideas around lighting, nice score picking up those heat sinks, what a deal! Can't wait to see how it turns out :thumb:

Thank you Frizz. I gotta say my head is now full of ideas of how to make the light and my wallet is empty, so not a great combination. The heatsink's base is little smaller than the chip itself so it might need some better base installed, all copper, because copper rocks! I'm gonna get some stable job for next year and move closer to my plants. That way I will train them so much more efficiently. Also I'm no longer studying carpentry, because I'm no flimsy schmuck and I can read blueprints all right. I won't be able to open my own carpentry business but I really want to be a farmer. I do want to learn soldering and welding. That way I can really take care for myself. Grow my own food, make and repair my own stuff. Support local restaurants and schools. That kind of stuff. Or make meds for those in need. Chill and enjoy life! :love: :Namaste:

Thank you Frizz. I gotta say my head is now full of ideas of how to make the light and my wallet is empty, so not a great combination. The heatsink's base is little smaller than the chip itself so it might need some better base installed, all copper, because copper rocks! I'm gonna get some stable job for next year and move closer to my plants. That way I will train them so much more efficiently. Also I'm no longer studying carpentry, because I'm no flimsy schmuck and I can read blueprints all right. I won't be able to open my own carpentry business but I really want to be a farmer. I do want to learn soldering and welding. That way I can really take care for myself. Grow my own food, make and repair my own stuff. Support local restaurants and schools. That kind of stuff. Or make meds for those in need. Chill and enjoy life! :love: :Namaste:

To be honest that is similar to my dream as well. All I want is a small plot of land where I can be self-suataining. A mini-Jersey cow, some Muscovy ducks, pigs, fruit trees, veggie garden, and a shop for tinkering. And of course, a big greenhouse full of cannabis! Plenty to live off of and also to give away to those in need :circle-of-love:

To be honest that is similar to my dream as well. All I want is a small plot of land where I can be self-suataining. A mini-Jersey cow, some Muscovy ducks, pigs, fruit trees, veggie garden, and a shop for tinkering. And of course, a big greenhouse full of cannabis! Plenty to live off of and also to give away to those in need :circle-of-love:

Check out Earthship, great house design. Very heat efficient and cheap to make. I do not advise the tires though as those are toxic. Hempcrete and steel is what I would use. Also you can make it like this guy:

Solar-Powered, Carbon Neutral Earth-Bermed House is Made Entirely Out of Recycled Materials | Inhabitat New York City

But I would put the solar elsewhere and covered the top of the house with soil and built a bower with fireplace to have a nice place to sit with friends and watch my garden from.

Hey there T - nice looking heat sinks there... where did you get them?? PM me a link please???

On the spinosad and spiders ... here's a link to some science about it:

Impacts of spinosad and λ-cyhalothrin on spider communities in cabbage fields in south Texas. - PubMed - NCBI

Spinosad is a bacteria and is fairly specific as to what pests it decides are not worthy. Thankfully we are not on the list!

I use it as part of my IPM routine. Thrips can get out of hand FAST .... but are easy to get rid of.

DE works by slicing the bodies of the insects ... akin to crawling across a field of glass. That works ....

Hello Bob!
I got the heatsinks from local used stuff site. If you want to know the type it is Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 for socket 775 I think. But the base plate is smaller that the COB. It surely covers the emitting part of the LED for 90%. So I advise something for AM2 socket. That should be bigger and square plate. But those can get pricey. I still have Spinosad at hand and watching the girls closely for any bigger damage. I did install the traps and those catch mature thrips well. I think I'm okay for now. Watering today and some photos.

Hello, so no further damage in the flower room. The Shark is looking better and catching up.

P10000941.JPG

Thank you all for suggestions. We did make some oil today to use as a cream or in edibles. We made few chocolate/oil/honey/hazelnut mixture and made some candy from it. Yummy. Not so strong, I did have a bit and I'm feeling clearheaded and alert. Very smooth. I like it. We'll see how whole candy will work :) I wish you all a great Friday/Thursday and have fun doing whatever you do! :love: :Namaste:

Im starting a selective harvest today Tomula!!!! A couple days ago I shortend the light 1.5 hrs to help ripen but Ive got a few that are 2-3 weeks away and wondering if I should of waited??? At least till after todays harvest?? too late if so.
I appreciate all your Knowledge and help Tomula! Great day my brother!

Hello members and guests!

I did not made an update yesterday, so I'm fixing it now! There must be second slime in the small Sharks pot somewhere. Put few traps there. The flowering girls are stretching like crazy and getting massive. Especially the Herer. I do trim them now as they go.

Here are few pics for you all:

P10000952.JPG

P10000964.JPG

Shark:

P10000993.JPG

Herer:

P10000982.JPG

Blue Dream:

P10000974.JPG

Still getting eaten Shark:

P10001012.JPG

And the monster bush I dunno what to do with :)

P10001002.JPG

Thank you all for stopping by and enjoy life! :love: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom