Tomula's Living Organics In Soil With Olla Irrigation Perpetual Indoor Garden

Looking beautiful Tomula
They do get their white Christmas :rofl: ( is it DE ?) We just have the cold, no snow.

Yes DE it is, we have some snow here, it might stay there for Christmas. Thank you! :love: :Namaste:

Jumping in late Tomula but I will go catch up. Eager to continue the conversation and learn about UVB. I will go ahead and get a proper uvb tube also. And get some numbers for the CMH intensity if I can find them. I'm always eager to learn. Sounds fun.

Thanks man, welcome in my journal. I will be building my light in two months time. Depending on funds :) I will keep an eye on your girls, they look very nice. :love: :Namaste:

:passitleft:

Happy Holidays Tomula :hug: Merry Christmas

Thank you I love your letter it is very nice! I wish I had house like that. :love:

And now some stretch update, close ups next time! Looking good, the DE was not enough to get the tiniest of thrip larvae, so Spinosad it is!
Only water and muddy water is added every watering. The stems are rock hard and strong.

The slime is away and she is growing nicely. Herer is bigger and I wonder what we will do with it? :)

I wish I had the LEDs now it would have been amazing harvest. Oh never mind I go with what I have!
Well look for yourself:

P10001153.JPG

P10001143.JPG

P10001092.JPG

P10001122.JPG

P10001133.JPG

P10001102.JPG

P10001114.JPG

Also the filter got new coal!

P10001062.JPG

P10001072.JPG

Thank you all for coming here and merry days ahead!:love: :Namaste:

I came across this video, about plant compost. Very informative, at least for me. Enjoy! :love:

[video=youtube;dFqV7ThF4TI]
[/video]

And this one is very calming and beautiful :) The little helpers at work. They work as plow, tiller, bus for bacteria and feed your beautiful birds. Gotta love the nature.

[video=youtube;n9Mnf9ysNSs]
[/video]

A little watering really fires them up!

Oh yeah, they prefer moist and wet soil. Gotta have decent drainage to not drown them. There are many ways to utilize for example old bathtubs as worm composter. I hope I will get to that soon. Or make it from some wooden sticks or old bed, whatever.
Great stuff you can make with the worm poo, composted wood and grass, some rockdust and salt, perlite. It all adds up to a rich soil, suitable for whole range of veggies. Also dense shrubs and trees are important for your birds and mammals, which prey on the bugs eating your garden. One must find the perfect balance and be part of the life in it's wholeness. Amazing. Very inspiring.
Have a great day! Thank you. :love: :Namaste:

Great videos... I'm always looking for extra sources of compost as we are always out using what we can generate.

Another source of worm castings is going for a walk this time of year in the woods and looking for dead tree branches on the ground. At the base of the branch you will find castings (move the dead leaves back carefully), you can scrape up and put in a bucket and take home and use for soil building.

If you start looking into how we can utilize "waste products"... there's a whole huge world out there... round ball keeps turning.

It all starts at your home... recycle, compost and respect nature.

Wanna see some fun, throw some seeds on the ground in the winter time and brew a cup of tea and watch the greatness.

Birds eat seeds, birds poop in garden... flowers and veggies grow in garden and birds eat pests. It's a beautiful thing. Don't need chemical pesticides when you have birds around.... old news, resume dancing! :party: Happy holidaze!

Great finds with the videos Tomula, is there a way to open it on the tube so I can save them for further reference? I've only been composting for a year or so but I have to say that fresh Vermicompost mixed with Perlite has done wonders for my current plants in veg, they're the healthiest I have seem them since starting growing. They started looking a bit rough but an inch or two as a top dress and watered in has them looking fantastic the day after, and even better the day after that. I plan on adding it again the week they are going into flower, that way they'll have the boost they need but the Nitrogen will get used up before it affects the buds. I feed the worms a varied diet and they must be happy as they rarely try to escape the farm, and there are thousands of them now, banana peels are a great addition for potassium and the worms love them, they're always first to disappear. I'm hoping to get another farm next year so that I can run one that's mainly for vegging and one for flowering, but honestly they're pretty damn good for both from what I've read so far, and I can validate the vegging part of that myself, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Talking of next year, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope 2017 is a fantastic year for everyone :thumb:

Thank you guys! I've found Youtube is great source of information and inspiration. There should be small button in the video bottom right open in Youtube. Or you can right click and copy the URL. Hope that helps. Cheers and merry Christmas! :love: :Namaste:

Here is a sneak peak of next update. They are all green, no yellow. Rest later today.

P10001243.JPG

Cheers! :cheer:

Hello everybody! Everything is going great, no signs of nutrient problems. The small Shark has been topped and up-potted to the final size, gotta say the snails got the best of it at the beginning and she bounced back just to get a big haircut. Anyway she will make it the roots are pretty nice. Gotta say I do not have the photo of her in the new pot, but that will be a great surprise to see how are the two tops doing after few days. Then there are the flowering girls, I think the stretch is almost over, the Herer is showing the sativa in her even with 8 tops and numerous smaller nodes. I gave them all big trimming to get more light to the buds. Big Shark has really nice and thick stems, Herer is thin and tall and the Blue Dream is doing pretty good under the LEDs, similar to Shark. I burned some tips of leaves with the light, but it is not really showing at the photos, hard to see.

The thrips are still somewhat there, no adults, just a leaf eaten here and there, I do not really mind few bugs, but the Spinosad is always there. They cannot get very high to the canopy, so no buds are in danger. The vegging Herer is going to flower in a week I might put a net on one wall and go vertical with her. Utilize all the space better. The smell is starting to pick up, but I think the filter is catching a lot. Also the granulated coal allows for better airflow, so the pressure is greater, temps are down and we got less humidity in the tent. Grateful for that!

I got together one olla, decided to use hot glue gun. Looks decent, but time will tell. I will put it next to the Shark later.

Pics or it didn't happen:

P10001163.JPG

The Herer:

P10001294.JPG

Shark:

P10001222.JPG

Dream:

P10001232.JPG

Budlings:

P10001182.JPG

P10001174.JPG

P10001193.JPG

P10001202.JPG

Veg tent:

P10001271.JPG

Haircut:

P10001252.JPG

P10001262.JPG

Thank you all for watching and go team Green! :cheer: :love: :Namaste:

Tomula!!! Sorry that it took me so long to get over here. I don't have internet at home because I live in the boondocks and my work puts up an annoying firewall once in a while and it appears to be down today. I keep forgetting my laptop at home, too, and I don't like posting from my phone because it doesn't have all of the cool options.

Awesome thread you have here!!! Sub'd for the long haul!!!

looking good. Hope the glue gun part doesn't get much heat

Hi Birdie, I did heat the pots for ollas with torch and then applied the plastic. Holds up pretty good. The glue starts to melt in 50°C so no worries of leaks there.

P10001303.JPG

P1000133.JPG

Looks great man them hair cuts are stressful as sh*t :19)

Oh yeah man, I decided to cut and up pot at once so she is stunned once and more than twice and less. Time will tell how this works out.

The leaves got bigger and I'm waiting for the thickening up:

P10001393.JPG

Tomula!!! Sorry that it took me so long to get over here. I don't have internet at home because I live in the boondocks and my work puts up an annoying firewall once in a while and it appears to be down today. I keep forgetting my laptop at home, too, and I don't like posting from my phone because it doesn't have all of the cool options.

Awesome thread you have here!!! Sub'd for the long haul!!!

Thank you and welcome Monsignor! I do my best sharing my thoughts and progress with members and visitors here. I got one harvest behind me and I have plans for lights and future setup. Problem is the room where the girls are as it gets wet there, needs new floor and some cleaning and clearing. Enjoy!

Shark:

P1000134.JPG

Herer:

P10001382.JPG

P1000136.JPG

Blue Dream:

P10001352.JPG

I'm happy with how things are doing. The flower tent is soon to be full when we put the second Herer in. We still do not have enough light by far but it's better than nothing :) Looking for a job and no luck still, but I think I will have something in a week. :thumb: Thank you and happy new year! :love::Namaste:

Happy New Years Tomula!! taking the time to stop and say your grow looks great!! Healthy and Happy!! Your B.dream sure has some fat Indica style leafs. I like your LED's and you making your own and maybe i can get your insight when Im ready! Not yet my brother!! Just thinking about LED's and not ready to pull that trigger!!
Great day Tomula! Namaste

Back
Top Bottom