Tunes420 600 w KC-33/Bud Lady

If you did a scrog, do you need as many plants or do you choose the strongest 2 or 3?

Might hold off on scrog...really would like to do that with good strain not bag seed....maybe blue berry...so guess with these seeds will keep it simple and do sog...still monitoring temps in room....dome....and dishes with paper towels/seeds.... tried 85-80 and 77 for temps ...80 seems best...germinates seeds faster...so with good genetics i wont fry them cause have run two sets of seeds in paper towel method and had great %....after added step of siting them in water over night....seeds in root riot have not popped ground yet...those were put right in from glass after they sunk....will also use paper towel method then put them in root riot to test growth as well....again with added step of soaking them over night in ph water 75 degrees. With bag seed anything that floats after a couple days i toss....with good seeds i will put them in medium weather they sink or not and will keep track of container those seeds are in :popcorn:

Tunes, sorry to hear about the male bro. But it happens, so good attitude for you. I just greminate straight to soil if I can, after all, mother nature does it with pretty damn good success..lol. Just keep em moist and warm, seems to work ok, plus, no need to transplant. Keep em green bro, you are doing great at indoors.

:thanks: GMT....Ya no biggie....will have seeds if both clones i have of KC-33 are males....just a delay is all....broke one of the lower leafs off today that was yellow....the smell was super...lemon/lime/citrus smell....and description says buds taste like lemon .....Will be my first real strain.....and have a feeling it will be some A1 smoke....only have to wait 4 or 5 weeks.....Are we there yet?
I never tryed blueberry either....cant wait for plant to grow so i can clone it like crazy :yummy:
Maybe will do a blueberry patch (scrog)

WOW! Plants and buds look awesome! Your advancement as a grower is phenomenal!
Cool you can laugh at all the males. But, then again you have a breeding project! I have the opposite problem. I end up with too many girls for my space! Mmmmm I want Blueberry too!:yummy:
Top notch job!

Might hold off on scrog...really would like to do that with good strain not bag seed....maybe blue berry...so guess with these seeds will keep it simple and do sog...still monitoring temps in room....dome....and dishes with paper towels/seeds.... tried 85-80 and 77 for temps ...80 seems best...germinates seeds faster...so with good genetics i wont fry them cause have run two sets of seeds in paper towel method and had great %....after added step of siting them in water over night....seeds in root riot have not popped ground yet...those were put right in from glass after they sunk....will also use paper towel method then put them in root riot to test growth as well....again with added step of soaking them over night in ph water 75 degrees. With bag seed anything that floats after a couple days i toss....with good seeds i will put them in medium weather they sink or not and will keep track of container those seeds are in :popcorn:

I've been madly researching germination of seeds, and have run across this information from several sources. Here's Cervantes:

Environmental factors start influencing sex the moment the seedling has three pairs of true leaves (not counting cotyledon). Environmental factors that influence sex determination of cannabis include but are not limited to:

Increasing the level of nitrogen makes more female plants. Lower the nitrogen level to create more male plants. Increase the level of potassium to increase male tendencies; lowering the potassium level encourages female plants. A higher nitrogen level and a lower potassium level for the first two weeks increases females.

Low temperatures increase the number of female plants. Warm temperatures make more male plants.

High humidity increases the number of female plants. Low humidity increases male plants.

Low growing-medium moisture increases males.

More blue light increases the number of female plants. More red light increases male tendencies.

Fewer hours of daylight (e.g. 14 hours) increases the number of females. Longer days (e.g. 18 hours) make
more male plants. Stress: any environmental stress tends to yield more male plants when growing from seed.

Everything I'm reading says germ 'em in the same medium you're gonna grow in.....or damn close to it. Make sure that medium has a good source of nitrogen. Keep the temps lower than 80, keep it moist....but not too moist, and make sure they sprout up under a nice MH, or a strong bank of flouro's.

One source, Cees, from No Mercy, says the first 2-3 hours of a seedlings life determines it's future, including sex and yield!

The biggest mistake being made is: not bringing the light close enough to the developing seedling!

Remember that the first two to three hours partly determine the rest of the plant's life!

Whatcha think about this?

GREAT INFO THanks:goodjob:
I've been madly researching germination of seeds, and have run across this information from several sources. Here's Cervantes:

Everything I'm reading says germ 'em in the same medium you're gonna grow in.....or damn close to it. Make sure that medium has a good source of nitrogen. Keep the temps lower than 80, keep it moist....but not too moist, and make sure they sprout up under a nice MH, or a strong bank of flouro's.

One source, Cees, from No Mercy, says the first 2-3 hours of a seedlings life determines it's future, including sex and yield!

Whatcha think about this?

Hey 420 havn't had a chance to go thru journals yet I just got out of hospital..Caught a bad cold and virus was in for a couple weeks..Better now.. Will catch up on all the reading soon...take care moslow

:thanks: tricome Learned a lot from some great growers here :passitleft:

:thanks: DocBud that is helpful...going to use this info now that i have a bunch going....of course would love to get mostly females...so will put it to work for me and will let all know how many chicks i get +reps for ya doc :passitleft:
...great info

hey blackbeast tks for keeping it tuned into grow :passitleft:

Glad to hear ya feel better and tks for tuning into grow cheers :passitleft:

Been slacking off on my final weights....dry weight was a little over 3 OZ's for Mona Lisa....
IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_10551.JPG

IMG_10322.JPG

Curing it all now and am sure will lose at least another 1/2 oz ...still 2 1/2 oz's dried and cured for 6 weeks 12/12 aint bad.....It did have 6 weeks veg...which was alot...my area could only fit two plants her size in there so going for a wee bit less on veg
IMG_08842.JPG

IMG_09662.JPG

great harvest, great plants, and... great urine??? well good job and hopefully the urination was consentual.

Yes Mmmmick she turned out to be a very high yielding bag seed...have other one/clone in flower room already....want to make sure it was heat stress and not trait to just hermie.

I have a bunch of seeds drying and want to double check. Seeds are cross with KC-33....And i am pretty sure i hermied it with heat stress (new light) had them inches away from lights <dam newbies.... didn't burn them so thought it was alright....now i know canopy temps are a lot higher than rest of plant area and can still stress out plant havening tops too close. It was really big for my closet...i had one tall plant taking up area i have from floor to celling...so mona had to be on shelf and it proved to be too close to light...other plant was Bud Lady clone and didn't pull before it seeded up....had no idea it seeded itself...again that was other plant i put inches from lights for at least a couple of weeks..That strain was stable every time i grew it....have grown 4 of them and chopped down already,3 were fine. So am pretty sure it was operator error on hermies.....we will see in 6-7 weeks :) Have Bud Lady and KC-33 seeds growing now....hope to get them fatter than Mona Lisa seeds....I did pull her early seeds should have gone longer with whole plant intact.
LMAO cigo ... tks for stopping by and pissing self :laughtwo: ...and tks for keeping it tuned into grow brother :passitleft:
:thanks: Flurple LMAO tks for keeping grow tuned in brother grower :passitleft:

:thanks: tricome .....Smoke report...buds are sweet tasting...not as much resin as Bud Lady buds ...and kind of a sandal wood taste....High is about a 5 out of 10....last less than 2 hours...Bud Lady i would rate her at 7....family and friends love her. They are like me, and have not tried any of the real super strains out there. Bud Lady really stinks too and Mona Lisa didn't have near as strong a odor.
Here is her root and stem.....Biggest i have ever grow :smokin:
IMG_10851.JPG

IMG_10843.JPG

looks real nice. way to go man.

Back
Top Bottom