Those plants and pics couldn't look any healthier. What else is new?! Nice job Twelve, you're really nailing it. Have you thought of changing your name to Twelve1? (Gas Lantern technique is also called 12-1 technique) ;)

Speaking of which, read a good article in a recent cannabis magazine (analog) about 12-1 technique that you are using. They claim it will up your production 25-35% while cutting production costs 50-75%. Really interesting read. If anybody wants specifics on the issue/article/magazine let me know and I'll PM you - I don't want to step out of bounds with the forums at all. I'm really thinking of... thinking like you on this one. Another interesting quote from the article: If the flower industry went by the cannabis grow books of the last 25-30 years, your Mother's Day bouquet would cost $1200 and hothouse tomatoes would cost $100. (But they don't 'cuz they be wise like Twelve12!) ;)

Keep rockin' it buddy! :high-five:

Hahaha I've run out of reps, too. Guess 12 is on to something here, huh?

Can you speak more to what's going to happen to the lighting come flowering time?

Also, is the GLR just done to get the same results as 24/0 but use much less electricity? Or does it supposedly push the plants to produce even better than what 24 or 18/6 offer? Just wondering - I certainly wouldn't complain either way.

Wow everything keeps looking better and better. Still loving every pic and I really appreciate you bringing GLR to these forums :goodjob:

After seeing the progress of your plants under that light cycle and reading all other information I could find, I've switched my veg area to save some electricity and see how well my strains do under this setup.

My only concern is my OG Skunk, has been showing pistils in veg on every clone i've cut, so we'll see I guess :p It's been two days so far and the plants look great.

Aaaaahhhh...my mistake! I thought you were doing this during flower. You're correct, if they haven't been triggered into flower yet, you won't get a hermie and they never get 12 hours of uninterrupted dark, so they never get triggered into going into flower.

That makes sense!

Now I'm VERY interested in XLR8's article! All the research I've done said that more light during veg equals faster development. So, if you can get faster development with less light by interrupting an extended dark cycle, it would significantly lower power costs during veg!

I gotcha on the +REPS!

SuKaFr33
  • 2 more weeks and it's official. I'm trimming off some and taking cuttings so the tent now looks a bit empty. Growth rate is confirmed. Only leaving some tops intact for flower indicator. To see if they go into bloom under the GLR. Giving this experiment a month trail to see if plants go into bloom, and a month will allow late bloomer to take place, if they do. Usually plants starts shooting pistils/balls within a few weeks after the switch. 2 more weeks we'll know. By then, if none of the plants flower then please feel free to use this cycle for veg. Stay tunes!

Siscokid
  • Don't worry about the rep, not here for rep points lol. Would appreciate it if you can help spread the words on GLR once I give the experiment a passing grade in two weeks. It already have A+, but I need to document for the entire month for the skeptics who will start debating later. Once I have a month's worth of evidence not much they can say.

Xlr8
  • Thanks X! I was surprised that some commercial operation run the GLR all these years, and yet the rest haven't had a clue. Until the article in the magazine no one else was using this in their grow room (that was documented). Even now, only one journal I've found by Yoda (from another grow forum) gave the routine a try and completed it successfully. I had to try it myself while sharing the good news here. Spreading cannabis awareness has gotten a little better since with the 12-1 we'll be growing a lot more healthy plants, and healthy plants have higher yield than average/poor health plants. Twelve12 is for bloom ;} starting off with 12/12 for the first 2 weeks, then work down 1/2hrs till we get 9/15 for the last week.

ShutUpDonny
  • The GLR is for vegetative growth that has a companion light cycle for flowering, diminishing cycle. Once you're ready to flower your plants under GLR cycle the diminishing cycle suggest starting out 12/12 for the first 2 weeks, then reduce 1/2hr each progressing week till you're down to 9/15 during week 8 in bloom.
  • "The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week. The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant's limits. When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers."

Wheatbran
  • Glad you made the switch. Your OG Skunk are showing pre-flowering or that the cuttings were taken from flowering mom. If so, they'll revert back to veg under GLR. Note, it's normal for plants in vegetative growth to pre-flower. Just means they have matured and is ready to flower. Once switching to bloom cycle the plants will take off faster than forced flowering plants. Let us know how it goes with your GLR cycle for veg.

Mr. Krip
  • No worries. Hermie is not wanted at all, male plants is wanted. By the end of this month we'll have the final conclusion to the GLR run. This will help save money and have robust plants!

Hey 12 it looks like GLR is catching on. I am having really nice growth with it so far in the veg room.

I cant think of a way to use the diminishing light schedule in the flower room with a perpetual grow...I have buds 2-4- and 8 weeks old....how do you plan to pull that off?

Hey there Twelve!
I can't wait to hear your final thoughts on the GLR! What did you say a couple of weeks to go ~ really looking forward to that!

Everything is lookin really good my man, Keep it up!

:peace:

R2MNot
  • Good to hear you're having results in your veg room. They've grown so fast can't seem to keep up with the cuttings. For perpetual grow in bloom I don't think the diminishing cycle will work effectively. Unless each stage of growth is in its own tent/room. However, I lock the cycle at 9/15 throughout flowering to accommodate the near harvest plants (important stage) over early bloom to see how things turns out.

MSquared
  • Stay tunes for more results update weekly. Are you thinking of trying this after 2 more weeks?

Heisenberg
Smoke2Js

• Thank you very much. :Namaste:

Update:

Harvested some Super Lemon Haze today. Yesterday I harvested some top colas but didn't got the chance to take some shots. These are secondary branch, 2nd down from the top colas. Got 4 SLH total for this batch. Going to let the rest fatten up for another 5-7 days before another round of harvest.

Enjoy some pics.

MG_0814.jpg
MG_0803.jpg
You have an amazing sense of style, man. From the layout of your grow spaces, to the selection of strains, to different growing methods, to graphic design! How much time do you spend on maintaining your grow? You are definitely setting the bar for creativity!
+much rep :bravo:

New here, but reading all the big grow journals and scavenging ideas for when I get started. Love the perpetual nature of this grow, and the DIY solutions for cloning and (I think you mentioned) automatic watering of a 2l hempy SOG somewhere?

F* Nor Cal Guy

Floater cloner, ey? I LIKE IT!! i cant wait to see the results on that baby. VERY interesting concept. where did you get the idea for that? or did you come up with it yourself?

You know how much I love your veg room. but DAMN maybe it wasnt a good idea to use that veg technique you tried. I mean look at your room, bro, you have NO SPACE. good thing youll have place to put the ones youre taking out. Im DEFINITELY going to give that technique a go. thanks for the info. had to give some reps for that.

sauronblue
  • Thank you. Do what I can to grow some nice buds, it has been hard at first I think now it's getting better. Creativity helps showcase the beauty of cannabis.

fncg

• Appreciate that. DIY saves money and I want to level up on crafting. Understand it from the ground up so later I can direct engineer, builders, designers to create my laboratory. ;}
  • Still thinking about the watering system, not sure if I want to built one yet, will have to see how the tent look full.

Magic beans
  • The tent is outgrown and have plenty of clones for experiments, so I tossed some in the bucket of water with neoprene see if it works. Got the idea from a clone product that sells the raft with neoprene. Got some extra neoprene laying around thought I try it out. Checked today and saw some bumps...I'm downsizing the veg tent, got too many of the same moms that is not my favorite strain. :}

Update: Cheese

Fresh bud, 2nd (final) sample nug. Image from USB digital microscope.
frame52.jpg
frame72.jpg
frame019.jpg
frame63.jpg
frame38.jpg

Giving this 1 more week before harvesting. I'm impressed this strain deliver the goods after surviving one of the hottest Summer ever. The nug feels dense and heavy, lots of trichomes, sticky, smelly. I would describe the aroma like; sugar coated dried up skunk rolled over orange mango slice. I'm going to grow out 2 mothers (currently only have 1) to start the clone factory. Want 16 Cheese (2L size) finished monthly. These will do great during the winter grow. So far, Cheese and Super Lemon Haze has a great aroma, from experience. When dried does not smell like hay. Still trying out many more strains until I find the ones suitable for my grow style, environment.

I agree with Godspeed. Everything looks professional! I like the description on the bottom left!

All the frosty buds make me think of ice and snow for some reason!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom