Wheatbran, Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience with GLR. Must keep a note so OG Skunk still flower under GLR. It has started to during 24hrs on previously. This means that the strain itself has the auto flowering trait. GLR may not work with all strains. Since this unknown light cycle is still new and not much testing is done on all variety of Cannabis.

The majority is that if plants starts to bloom under GLR or 24hrs is either is an autoflower or the light issue. Using low wattage light, distant, spectrum can influence early flowering even with the 1hr on between dark cycle may not be strong enough to break up the floral hormone build up within the plant.

Take some clones from each plants, root them, and veg them out under GLR. Make note to see if the OG Skunk does the same thing (starts to flower), if so the strain or pheno is confirmed auto.

Still just wanted to let people know that if a plant is showing pistils even with 24 hours light that it is most likely too ready to handle GLR :p
I have a clone only strain that is quite old chronologically alternating nodes and pre flowers at every node. It starts to bud very quick under 12/12 but has not shown any issue using GLR...so far

Bonjour 12 :D

I made a decision to switch up my light cycle to GLR its only been for a few days but already iv seen some pretty dramatic changes in my plants health and growth, iv add a few of your post to my update hope this doesnt bother you.

Agree on the oder controll bro today i came in my front door usaly i cant smell anything but since switching it has stunk up my yard prety bad! I never usaly use oder controll during earlie veg but looks like i might have to dot a few ona blocks around.

Congrads on getting your garden looking so healthy, all your work seems to be spreading like wild fire!

:peace:

I actually do have a clone from the same mother in a tray under a single 24 watt 6500k t5-ho that is getting a little budding at the top. But really only the OG skunk does it, weird. :p

It very well could be the lighting type though, as they are both under the same type of bulb, 24 inch 6500k t5, 1 with the clones and 8 over the megagarden. I'll throw up a pic or two to show if I can, but ya, basically budding :p Still love the light cycle, just random I ran into a strain that doesn't like the cycle (well likes it too much haha). One half of the strain is based on a mexican sativa so possibly got crossed with a ruderalis at one time, but I can only assume.

GodSpeed ~ Glad you are running the GLR. It's going to give you a smile every time looking at the plants. Feel free to use my report on GLR as sample from start to finish (one month trail). Over time we'll get better samples from others using the cycle. Strong odor from plants in veg signify a good thing. I have a scrubber going got the smell covered.

Wheatbran ~ Thanks for the report. I'll keep in mind that OG Skunk does not work under GLR or perhaps is an auto. Are you deciding to keep the plant under GLR or discontinue the strain and only keeping the plants suit the cycle or return back to normal cycle?

15 Sites - Float Cloner

{ 15 Sites - Float Cloner }

This is a small upgrade from my previous float cloner. Still using 2 air stones, this unit can hold 15 cuttings, plain tap water, pH 6, temp 67F. The previous test run took roots in 5 days and full blown roots structure by day 9. This is a backup producer along with the 24 sites DIY Aero. This is just temporally until I make up my mind if another DIY Aero is needed...

MG_2045.jpg
MG_2047.jpg
MG_2049.jpg
MG_2050.jpg
MG_2051.jpg

Image_Capturex001.jpg

:Namaste:

{ Photo Tip: Fill Light }

This short session we'll be talking about "Fill Light". Use a reflector (metallic or white), flash light/CFL, or a white piece of paper as your fill light. Place the reflector of your choice close to the bud to throw some lights in the shadows. This will bring out the details like trichomes on the buds naturally how your eyes sees it. I used a white piece of paper, hand held (too lazy to setup the tripod), shot one without the reflector and one with, turned out decent. Hope you see the differences.

No reflector (before), reflector used (after)
MG_2057.jpg

:love::Namaste:

Hey 12/12 because i'm moving in a month or so, I was going to flower most things I have now (og skunk and the LA conf, rocklock that arnt flowering in GLR), but keep clones ready to go when I move. I do actually plan to keep the OG skunk around under greater light as a couple clones, since the strain itself has been been good to deal with beyond the random issue :p I feel I still need a bit of time to give the strain a full chance.

fromscratch ~ The local hydro store I go to have them in the sheets. Not all stores offer it like this so I was lucky to find one that does by accident. These are 2in neoprene. I was going to throw away the sheet after the discs are used then this idea came to mind, and also have some left I use it as a cushion pad for my camera to sit on. Recycle is fun.

Wheatbran ~ Good luck with the moving. Hopefully to bigger place and expand the grow op? :} Sounds good on the OG Skunk plan.

{ Photo Tip: Fill Light }

This short session we'll be talking about "Fill Light". Use a reflector (metallic or white), flash light/CFL, or a white piece of paper as your fill light. Place the reflector of your choice close to the bud to throw some lights in the shadows. This will bring out the details like trichomes on the buds naturally how your eyes sees it. I used a white piece of paper, hand held (too lazy to setup the tripod), shot one without the reflector and one with, turned out decent. Hope you see the differences.

No reflector (before), reflector used (after)
MG_2057.jpg

:love::Namaste:

no thats silly, you just need more light! more power! more light! moooorrrreeeee poowweeerrrrrrr muhahahaha.
lmao, ok sorry, getting a little out of hand there. nice trick! i will def keep that in mind ;)

love the grow 12/12! This GLR stuff is great!

I wonder how auto flowers would respond to it... I always heard they get better results from more light... But I always heard that of veg'ing plants! Trips me out that you are getting better growth with this GLR than 24 hours... Very very interesting! Loving the idea of lower light bills.. :)

THsea ~ Thank you very much. I have not had the pleasure in growing autos under GLR. Since they are flowering regardless of 24hrs of light so 1hr between darkness shouldn't even scratch the floral hormone build up. For space restriction auto can share room with vegetative plants. That's just a theory until tested of course.

Hey Twelve,

I just have to say you are certainly earning the MOTM title. I love that you're sharing your knowledge of photography and the tips are fantastic. Nice job at helping us all become better growers and photographers. :thumb:

+rep on the fill light tutorial.

Thanks X, I'm just having fun and sharing what I've learn. Plants are easy to photograph they don't get bored when I'm trying out different shots. If people apply the tips to their photos of the plants will look more amazing like seeing them in real life. Learn to use the camera is the first step. Sometimes I shoot with the cap on, so definitely not a pro but I'll continue to share what I've learn. Might start shooting sexy girls and start my own PlayBoy magazine called PlayKush...

Thanks X, I'm just having fun and sharing what I've learn. Plants are easy to photograph they don't get bored when I'm trying out different shots. If people apply the tips to their photos of the plants will look more amazing like seeing them in real life. Learn to use the camera is the first step. Sometimes I shoot with the cap on, so definitely not a pro but I'll continue to share what I've learn. Might start shooting sexy girls and start my own PlayBoy magazine called PlayKush...

There we go!
Hustler = Pistler
Penthouse = Planthouse
High Society = no change
FHM = Fine Herb Magazine
Barely Legal = no change

It might be hard to find the tiny G-strings, but if anyone can pull this off, it's you!

I wish I had a handy man like you in my life Twleve12:circle-of-love:

I give you so many props for reading and studying everything you know. The fact that you then turn that knowledge into the simplest form for all of us, can't thank you enough buddy for all you've done!

:bravo::adore:

Subbed! :)

Make sure to have the full page foldout nug in the center of the mag.

Back
Top Bottom