Unforgiven's - Picture-A-Day - Barney's Critical Kush - DWC

We're on our second dwc grow.
We use a 2'x4'x5' tent. A 10g res with 5g water. 3" net pots with rockwool to sprout and hydroton grow medium.

Our resivour temps are steady at low 70's. With happy healthy roots.
We don't use frozen water bottles or anything else to try to lower or temps.

We fought root rot in our first grow.
We tried going with a sterile res using H202 in the water and between weekly water changes.

The thing that got us over the root rot. Was switching to a res with beneficial bacteria.

We started using hydroguard and it cleared up nicely!

We also then added hygrozyme and Orca to further fortify our beneficial bacteria army.
Our roots and res have never been better.

You might wanna look into using beneficial bacteria also.

Hydroguard for bacteria, Orca for beneficial myco and bacteria and hygrozyme to break down dead organic matter like dead roots and such.

Hope you get your girls roots healthy again. Good luck!

well now that she is bigger it may just be time to go "extreme" again eh no pain. that lineup has the plantacillin and other shyte in it.

thanks twinturbo for your input. i was using the extreme lineup for these nutes which included their line of beneficial bacteria too. the plantacillin. but it is extreme for sure in the ppms dept. lol

it does add different gunk to the res but i guess that is the good gunk lol.

let me know what ya'll think. lets have the input, maybe tomorrow i'll change the res to week 3 extreme then..

have fun eh

if you look back on this thread you'll see what i mean. the line i use has 2 different charts you can use. basic or extreme. i was using extreme when she was tiny, chickened out, started the basic for a res changes now. but in thinking about the beneficial bacteria, it may be time to go extreme again. cuz the h2o2 doesn't seem to be clearing up the slime, so why not give it a go?

I've never heard of extreme nutrients, I'll have to check it out.

so checking out this pond pump online i am very happy i ordered the 4 outlet..very cool it's not one diaphragm split 4 ways, it has a second diaphragm for the 2 extra ports....nice indeed.

Pond Air (75000 & 75001)

there's the instruction manual, shows the guts for easy replacement as needed. and the refresh kit is only $34.00 too.

thought i'd share the info.

thanks again no pain for pointing me in this direction.

have fun eh

oh see the plantacillin is thick and actually has fairly large particles about it. hmmm

nope, still not changing nute lines yet, lol. too far invested in this one atm.

well now that she is bigger it may just be time to go "extreme" again eh no pain. that lineup has the plantacillin and other shyte in it.

thanks twinturbo for your input. i was using the extreme lineup for these nutes which included their line of beneficial bacteria too. the plantacillin. but it is extreme for sure in the ppms dept. lol

it does add different gunk to the res but i guess that is the good gunk lol.

let me know what ya'll think. lets have the input, maybe tomorrow i'll change the res to week 3 extreme then..

have fun eh

You know I'm a fan of beneficial bacteria . No doubt and I know that your line has it . However I wouldn't do it just yet . I would wait until you get your new pump and bubbler . For a couple reason . One she had this infection and it didn't help ..you said it's thick .

Now your using regular hydrogen peroxide and not the H202 in your line right ? We don't know exactly what kind of infection/bacteria this is . So for now I would stick with hydrogen peroxide and change out as much of the hydroton as you can . You might get to the middle and find its a great ball of gel , if that's the case I would rinse the shit out of her under the faucet before re adding the hydroton.

Your very welcome on the pump lead ..but you need to thank the boss for letting you get it . Lol

Hey brother I was just thinking about your plantacillin . It just keeps looping in my head " it's thick and kinda clumps up " ..now this is for hydro and umm those two don't go together .. Think you might have gotten a bad bottle ? I would shoot them an email along with a pic just to be on the safe side . :passitleft:

it doesn't "clump" perse but there are "large" particles seems to be biological in nature and after a day or two in the res ya just see all this stuff swirlin round in the res. was a mess when i was puttin ice bottles in. not to say omg theres a ton of shit in my res!!! nothin like that.

as for the h202 it is from another maker, apparently my nute line doesn't produce any, likely because everyone else does. lol

i also have the regular peroxide for washups and such as needed. however when i was dunking the girl in a gallon, it was with the h202 not the peroxide.

update is gonna need to be in the am folks...sorry lol

have fun eh

it doesn't "clump" perse but there are "large" particles seems to be biological in nature and after a day or two in the res ya just see all this stuff swirlin round in the res. was a mess when i was puttin ice bottles in. not to say omg theres a ton of shit in my res!!! nothin like that.

as for the h202 it is from another maker, apparently my nute line doesn't produce any, likely because everyone else does. lol

i also have the regular peroxide for washups and such as needed. however when i was dunking the girl in a gallon, it was with the h202 not the peroxide.

update is gonna need to be in the am folks...sorry lol

have fun eh

Gotcha ..I would still send them an email and ask ..... I would have to read what's in that bottle of h202. I would say for right now stick with the peroxide :) ... Since you got that other tent you have been putting in some OT . LOL . Have a good one buddy .

day 63 yesterday...

didn't plunge her into h202 but likely will this am before lights out...

she still looks freakin great tho which is weird, lol.

the stats......T: 72.1...RH: 50....PH: 6.6....REST: 69.4....PPM: 1060

couple shots...

20160912_193122.jpg

20160912_194040.jpg

20160912_193139.jpg

there she is.

yep, seems like i been a wee bit busier muckin about with this girl... just don't know yet if this is worth all the effort i am needing to put at this one plant right now... only benefit atm is that i am using the tent for the silver girl as well. otherwise it would likely be full of autos atm.

have fun eh

I hear you . The only reason your having to give her so much attention is cause she was sick. It does look like she is getting better though as she is looking good . I accept your next dwc to go much smoother with much faster growth .

so day 64 came an went just a couple minutes ago apparently lol.

she's doin fine, lookin real healthy, pondering the next move, ie: more topping or take a couple of proving clones...she's a wee bit young yet for clones.

definately gonna take some of my own advice and try to stop overthinking it so much. tuff when yer tryin a new gig eh.

the stats......T: 77.3...RH: 56....PH: 6.7....REST: 71.6....PPM: 1000....wouldn't go over 1k today...but the ph climbed again...

20160913_194139.jpg

and here ya go nopain...h202
20160913_231454.jpg

20160913_231515.jpg

thats the stuff i am using

have fun eh

p.s. yep no root shots....we're gonna give her a couple days and see what happens.

Do you plan on sticking with DWC? Or you miss your soil? And what do you think and the pro's and con's are of DWC? and does one out weigh the other in your opinion of DWC compared to soil?

hey newbgrower thanks for poppin in buddy.

hehehe do i miss my soil....look in my other journal "dutch treat auto"

this girl here is an experiment, and i guess i can honestly say an experience at some things to not do, and some to do. haven't done it all wrong, but def didn't do it all right either.

i might do dwc again....yeah gotta bug nopain, lol....likely i will again. god knows i'm gettin a pump big enough for a couple buckets lol.

right now, she has been a bit of an attention whore....but that's the learning curve at anything new in life. doesn't mean we shouldn't experience and enjoy learning new stuff.

i'd like to say i'm happy not hauling water around as much....but again she has been a bit of a needy bitch. lol.

do i sound negative? no need to worry i am having a hoot learning the dwc. there's some fine ass growers been lookin in on me to guide me here.

and when you are ready to pull the trigger on your drill and make a hole inna bucket we will help guide you as well.

if nothing else, do it once to say that you did experience it.

wow that all went pear shaped....

so soil is a helluva lot more forgiving than any form of hydro. the soil acts as a natural filter for anything you pour into it. unless you start with hot soil that is. which i don't.

but, dwc can produce 1.5-2 times the plant in like sized pot with soil......that's a big plus right there. and one of my main reasons for trying it.

did see some guy has a gadget out there for running basically a dwc in soil....interesting...but his gear is expensive. i've already sourced out how he is doing it, and i might make my own to give that a shot. curious if it would be a lil bit more forgiving like the normal soil grow but produce bigger n better shtufff.

ok i'll leave it there, i'm startin ta venture off down the path too far methinks....

have fun eh

Do you plan on sticking with DWC? Or you miss your soil? And what do you think and the pro's and con's are of DWC? and does one out weigh the other in your opinion of DWC compared to soil?

ohh hell yea! I'm up for it ... once you get it down I'm jumping on board.. it seems cool because no bugs,mold etc. yea your dutch is pretty do you use any enhancer for terpines? she was trichomed up man!

Back
Top Bottom