Vapedogg223 Goes True High Brix

Vape,

all I could get was the BX. Doc said it should OK just add more perlite. Only thing different is it has vermiculite.

I added 24 qts perlite and 20 lbs worm castings. Been cooking 2 weeks no fuzzy top yet.

Hey everyone! :smokin: I hope you're all well!

I started my day extracting oil from some White Widow trim I had frozen...then I spent the rest of the day working in my garden with my vapor rig by my side! :grinjoint: There's a fair amount of upkeep with the bonsai moms...but since I enjoy working with them, I'm in very good spirits!

Here's a few pics of the Blueberry I just took in there. I'm at 750 Watts at the moment...I'm trying not to go too crazy since they are only in .8 gallon containers!

BB_1st_Update_01.jpg

BB_1st_Update_02.jpg

BB_1st_Update_03.jpg

BB_1st_Update_04.jpg

BB_1st_Update_05.jpg

The 7 gallon pots are BIG!

BB_1st_Update_06.jpg

Really big!

BB_1st_Update_07.jpg

Temps are pretty stable, 72-75º daytime, and 65-67º nighttime. RH is low at 20%, but that will change with some large pots and plants...I do have a humidifier somewhere around here, but haven't bothered using it in quite a while.

BB_1st_Update_08.jpg

So...I'm still in a holding pattern waiting for the soil. It's only been 16 days so far...I think I mentioned I got a late start...

In my experience, I should be able to hold them fine in the Air-Cells as long as I keep them well watered and fed. So far, they are doing well with what was in the soil, but I just dunked them tonight, and fed with some fish fertilizer...what I'm more worried about is their size. If I'm going to let the soil cook for 2 more weeks I think I'll need to top them again, since I'm sure I'll want them to veg a bit in the High-Brix soil...or I let them go, and cut them back when I transplant into the large containers.

So Doc, other than prepping the soil, I haven't done anything with the kit so far. I'd love any thoughts you might have on how to best transition over to your system with these girls. :)

:ganjamon:

Hey everyone! :smokin: I hope you're all well!

I started my day extracting oil from some White Widow trim I had frozen...then I spent the rest of the day working in my garden with my vapor rig by my side! :grinjoint: There's a fair amount of upkeep with the bonsai moms...but since I enjoy working with the moms I'm in very good spirits!

Here's a few pics of the Blueberry I just took in there. I'm at 750 Watts at the moment...I'm trying not to go too crazy since they are only in .8 gallon containers!

BB_1st_Update_01.jpg

BB_1st_Update_02.jpg

BB_1st_Update_03.jpg

BB_1st_Update_04.jpg

BB_1st_Update_05.jpg

The 7 gallon pots are BIG!

BB_1st_Update_06.jpg

Really big!

BB_1st_Update_07.jpg

Temps are pretty stable, 72-75º daytime, and 65-67º nighttime. RH is low at 20%, but that will change with some large pots and plants...I do have a humidifier somewhere around here, but haven't bothered using it in quite a while.

BB_1st_Update_08.jpg

So...I'm still in a holding pattern waiting for the soil. It's only been 16 days so far...I think I mentioned I got a late start...

In my experience, I should be able to hold them fine in the Air-Cells as long as I keep them well watered and fed. So far, they are doing well with what was in the soil, but I just dunked them tonight, and fed with some fish fertilizer...what I'm more worried about is their size. If I'm going to let the soil cook for 2 more weeks I think I'll need to top them again, since I'm sure I'll want them to veg a bit in the High-Brix soil...or I let them go, and cut them back when I transplant into the large containers.

So Doc, other than prepping the soil, I haven't done anything with the kit so far. I'd love any thoughts you might have on how to best transition over to your system with these girls. :)

They look really good Vape! Too bad about the humidity, they really like about 70% in veg. But they look great.

Just keep them happy and green. You can probably put them in the High Brix soil in a week, unless it's cold where the soil is stored. AFter that, you'll do fine. You might want to give them a dose of Energy the first watering after transplanting, just to green them up.

You might give them a light misting of Stress too, ASAP. Just once and transplant in a week!

I've got my fingers crossed for you bro.....my kit's reputation is in able hands and I'm hoping you knock it out of the park, for both of our sakes!

They look really good Vape! Too bad about the humidity, they really like about 70% in veg. But they look great.

Just keep them happy and green. You can probably put them in the High Brix soil in a week, unless it's cold where the soil is stored. AFter that, you'll do fine. You might want to give them a dose of Energy the first watering after transplanting, just to green them up.

You might give them a light misting of Stress too, ASAP. Just once and transplant in a week!

I've got my fingers crossed for you bro.....my kit's reputation is in able hands and I'm hoping you knock it out of the park, for both of our sakes!

Damn! You're going to make me bust out the humidifier... Okay, I'll try to find it. :)

Actually, the soil is pretty close to a gas heater, so it's not bad at all. There were some small patches of fungus visible on the surface a couple of days ago...though nothing like in the summer months, when it's 80º...the whole top would be covered.

I just sprayed them with some Stress. :thumb: That's a lot of pressure! I hope I can hold up my end of it!

Damn! You're going to make me bust out the humidifier... Okay, I'll try to find it. :)

Actually, the soil is pretty close to a gas heater, so it's not bad at all. There were some small patches of fungus visible on the surface a couple of days ago...though nothing like in the summer months, when it's 80º...the whole top would be covered.

I just sprayed them with the Stress. :thumb: That's a lot of pressure! I hope I can hold up my end of it!

Any shortcomings will be with the kit, bro. I know you'll do a fantastic job. You've got everything I use, the same way I use it. Just get the damn humidity up where it belongs!

Nothing is more important that the environment. I don't care what grow style anyone chooses, nothing has more impact on the plants than the environment.

Any shortcomings will be with the kit, bro. I know you'll do a fantastic job. You've got everything I use, the same way I use it. Just get the damn humidity up where it belongs!

Nothing is more important that the environment. I don't care what grow style anyone chooses, nothing has more impact on the plants than the environment.

Well, I've seen more than enough of what your kit can do to know that that's not a concern!

By the way...the last pic in your clone routine update was simply ridiculous! And you said resin production was "decent" this cycle! :rofl:

When I started controlling my environment with temps and Rh, my life changed forever. two different worlds. Rh here is around 10-17%....(ambient)

Very very nice so far Vape!!! I always love to watch your grows, such a clean setup you got going on :) and now with the addition of Docbuds kit!!! this is going to be beyond amazing!!

When I started controlling my environment with temps and Rh, my life changed forever. two different worlds. Rh here is around 10-17%....(ambient)

Yeah, the new room will be fully climate controlled...right now, what I'm doing would more accurately be described as managing what I'm dealt. RH is the hardest for me to control in this setup because I use room air run through a carbon filter to cool the hood and pull fresh air into the grow room.

Very very nice so far Vape!!! I always love to watch your grows, such a clean setup you got going on :) and now with the addition of Docbuds kit!!! this is going to be beyond amazing!!

:thanks: bro! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't screw it up! The foliar sprays are a completely new deal for me...and play such a large roll in the grow!

:thanks: bro! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't screw it up! The foliar sprays are a completely new deal for me...and play such a large roll in the grow!

Here's a heads up on the sprays:

Use them up until a week or 10 days before harvest. During the last week or so, spray the plants with a "wash" designed to remove residue from the leaves.

I'm getting a very slight taste this last harvest, and I'm sure it's because I sprayed right up to the end and didn't wash the plants. The high brix program has a spray for exactly this, which I do not use. I might try theirs and include it in the kit if the SHS stuff doesn't work well.

Yeah, the new room will be fully climate controlled...right now, what I'm doing would more accurately be described as managing what I'm dealt. RH is the hardest for me to control in this setup because I use room air run through a carbon filter to cool the hood and pull fresh air into the grow room.

Hey vape, just two cents but, if you can pull air through an evaporative cooler pad thats wet by having a fan blow air out of the room at an exhaust point, that will bring in fresh air and Rh. I have used this system in greenhouses, with thermostats and hygrostats?, to control temperature and Rh. Of course it wasn't a cooler pad, it was an 8x8' foot grid of pads with drippers soaking them, but the principle is the same....just a thought.

Hey vape, just two cents but, if you can pull air through an evaporative cooler pad thats wet by having a fan blow air out of the room at an exhaust point, that will bring in fresh air and Rh. I have used this system in greenhouses, with thermostats and hygrostats?, to control temperature and Rh. Of course it wasn't a cooler pad, it was an 8x8' foot grid of pads with drippers soaking them, but the principle is the same....just a thought.

I was using a small swamp cooler for a humidifier for a while. It worked really well, because it also cooled and had a very powerful fan.

The problems I ran into were that the water in my space is super hard....they issue "do not drink" warnings every now and then. This ended up destroying the absorbant pads such that they became algae infested. It's a miracle I never passed it on to the plants.

So, if you use the evaporative cooler method, just make sure you check for mold/moss/algae on a regular basis.

I was using a small swamp cooler for a humidifier for a while. It worked really well, because it also cooled and had a very powerful fan.

The problems I ran into were that the water in my space is super hard....they issue "do not drink" warnings every now and then. This ended up destroying the absorbant pads such that they became algae infested. It's a miracle I never passed it on to the plants.

So, if you use the evaporative cooler method, just make sure you check for mold/moss/algae on a regular basis.

LOL, ya, they always look like that, especially if you have water runnin on em continually when shut off, leaks, stuck floats, ect.. They'll get covered with the minerals in your water too.

Hey everyone! I transplanted into the 7 gallon pots last night, and not one minute too early...they were running out of steam despite the feedings with hydrolyzed fish! Of course I took a couple pics during the transplant... :)

I've used hydroton for a while on the tops of my containers. In Air-Pots, the soil settling around the balls creates little concave holes that help the water absorb without draining out the sides. They also keep the tops of the containers from drying out...something thats very important in small containers. Normally the top portion of the container doesn't really get used by the plant because it dries out first.

BB_Transplant_01.jpg

It's not all that easy to see here, but with the hydroton on the surface you'll find roots immediately under the clay balls...They don't show up all that great in the photo, but if you look closely with the hydroton removed, you can see the roots right on the surface.

BB_Transplant_02.jpg

You can also see roots right to the top of the container here.

BB_Transplant_03.jpg

And with the Root Zone applied...

BB_Transplant_04.jpg

And of course, they were watered in with Transplant Water, per the instructions... Here they are, all cozy in their new containers!

BB_Transplant_05.jpg

BB_Transplant_06.jpg

BB_Transplant_07.jpg

So...they'll only get better from here now that they are in the purpose-built soil!

Now comes the spraying! It looks like the regiment is 3 times a week, twice with Stress, and once with Brix. I'm thinking I should start with Stress...then Brix, and go from there.

Doc, feel free to chime in as much or as little as you want here...all advice is appreciated! And now my first question about the sprays... When foliar feeding, I'd normally watch the temps...preferably spraying just before lights on so I know the stomata are open. Should I use these sprays the same way?

Well, that's where things are at...thanks everyone!

looking great vape. i'll tag along for this one if u dont mind bro.

I'm glad to have the latest Member of the Month along for the ride! Congrats again! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom