Vapedogg223 Goes True High Brix

More so the reading but it takes a purpose built soil, foilar sprays and drenches to obtain it.

I'm going to get a meter, all things necessary for high brix readings in plant tissue should be in any complete soil, if not, it's not a complete soil. I need to go back and view the history of when someone decided to determine plant health in this manner. What I suspect is that this condition has always been present in dilligently cultivated gardens. In my college years I never heard high brix mentioned. I want to know everything relative........Thanks for your comments bro, you gave me a direction to start lookin!

I'm going to get a meter, all things necessary for high brix readings in plant tissue should be in any complete soil, if not, it's not a complete soil. I need to go back and view the history of when someone decided to determine plant health in this manner. What I suspect is that this condition has always been present in dilligently cultivated gardens. In my college years I never heard high brix mentioned. I want to know everything relative........Thanks for your comments bro, you gave me a direction to start lookin!

Search Dr. Carey Reams, he will be a good place for you to start bro...
Edit: One thing about the high brix soil, guys in lab coats tested and recommended exact amounts of proper amendment.

I'm a guy in a labcoat.

Interesting bio, and the fact that God revealed such an important piece of knowlege makes this an attractive subject. I have been aware that positive and negative charges cause bonds between ions and also ions to repel each other, a universal system of this universe and reality. I will investigate this subject further as I believe that there's alot of truth in the nature of not only the drs. research, but research being done by dr.bud.....and you, and others. In my horticultural experience, I have never seen any process, Idea, or anything other than sound fundamental practices that would contribute any significant advances. It is a common practice for man to complicate things for monetary gain and notoriety. There are procedures and standards for acceptable scientific data, none of which I can maintain without a research grant, and so far I don't know of any organizations funding middle aged bikers to play in modern laboratories. Thanks for your responses, I'm sure I'll have more questions at some point.
God also said " there is no new thing under the sun".

Does Highbrix refer to the condition of your soil, or the reading on the meter measured by conditions present in the plant tissue? I know there is a relationship, but until now I never heard of a high brix soil in any horticultural arenas.

I hope Doc will chime in on this question, because I for one would like to hear his thoughts...but when I use the term High Brix, I'm usually thinking of it as a holistic method of growing to produce the healthiest plants possible.

For the optimal results this method requires a purpose built soil, which we sometimes refer to as a "High Brix soil", and scientifically formulated soil drenches and foliar sprays. The focus of this method is actually a healthy microherd. When the microorganisms are happy, they in turn make the plant happy. :)

With food crops, the ultimate goal is to produce nutrient dense fruits and vegetables. We use use a refractometer to measure sugar content in the juices as a way to gauge this. There are charts like this one to give us a point of reference.

brix_chart.jpg

When the fruits, vegetables, etc. are in the good to excellent range, we might refer to them as "High Brix."

Obviously, with our plants our goals are slightly different, but the principles are the same, and we can use use a refractometer the same way to see how we are doing.

Here's one of the first readings I took during my last grow...not very good.

Hanna_Refractometer.jpg

I only had some of the pieces in place...with the refractometer I was able to see I wasn't meeting my goal.

Later on, I was able to get readings up to 15 at times...but I don't consider that grow to have truly been a High Brix grow with what I know now.

Anyway...that's just my 2 cents!

:Namaste:

Very good explanation vape, sounds like organics at it's pinnacle, everything so fine tuned, plants at supreme health, healthy soil....uneqauled quality. Yeah, that sounds like something I'm very interested in, I've been growing with those things in mind, trying to have everything perfect all the time, but no way to know for sure without a measuring system. Ya know, that question in the back of my mind always.....can't I do just a little better. I grow vegetable gardens too, and I always try to eat the best things I can obtain. I would be interested to hear more about this.

Vape's explanation is right on the money.

When I say, "High Brix" I'm talking about the method of growing that seeks maximum nutrient density in the crop, whether it be apples, tomatos or cannabis flowers.

Nature's God has made these plants to have a certain purpose. I submit it is worthwhile to try to grow them as close to perfect as possible and see god's intention for the plant expressed by letting the genetic code play out in an optimal environment.

Now, having said that, it might come to pass that we actually prefer product grown in a different manner, or perhaps we like one strain in high brix and another in hydro......that's all well and good. I like plata's, reposado's and anejo's! Weed can be the same way.

However, I've never had weed grown high brix until I grew it myself. It's unique, a bit different, and it's a significant contribution to high quality cultivation.

There's probably someone reading this right now who has greater means than I do and who will take this information and go way past what I'm doing. At least I sure hope so.....

BTW, High Brix isn't the end of the line. Once we establish reliable, simple ways of achieving high brix, we can then experiment with achieving high brix with materials.

I might use fishy ferts and cabonized limestone, someone else might use sea water, calcitic limestone and chicken manure. Same ratio's in the soil test....different ingredients.

It's like eating super healthy food from different parts of the world. Each is top quality, nutritious, healthy and delicious, but the flavors are so different!

The sky is the limit...this is all wide, freakin' open.

Vape's explanation is right on the money.

When I say, "High Brix" I'm talking about the method of growing that seeks maximum nutrient density in the crop, whether it be apples, tomatos or cannabis flowers.

Nature's God has made these plants to have a certain purpose. I submit it is worthwhile to try to grow them as close to perfect as possible and see god's intention for the plant expressed by letting the genetic code play out in an optimal environment.

Now, having said that, it might come to pass that we actually prefer product grown in a different manner, or perhaps we like one strain in high brix and another in hydro......that's all well and good. I like plata's, reposado's and anejo's! Weed can be the same way.

However, I've never had weed grown high brix until I grew it myself. It's unique, a bit different, and it's a significant contribution to high quality cultivation.

There's probably someone reading this right now who has greater means than I do and who will take this information and go way past what I'm doing. At least I sure hope so.....

BTW, High Brix isn't the end of the line. Once we establish reliable, simple ways of achieving high brix, we can then experiment with achieving high brix with materials.

I might use fishy ferts and cabonized limestone, someone else might use sea water, calcitic limestone and chicken manure. Same ratio's in the soil test....different ingredients.

It's like eating super healthy food from different parts of the world. Each is top quality, nutritious, healthy and delicious, but the flavors are so different!

The sky is the limit...this is all wide, freakin' open.

Ya, this is the same idea I've always gravitated to, but with a more exacting way of measuring it ( when you are already dialed in! ) and start splitting the hairs that stand between us and our goals. Thanks for your thoughts bro, I'll be digging into this.

Very good explanation vape, sounds like organics at it's pinnacle, everything so fine tuned, plants at supreme health, healthy soil....uneqauled quality. Yeah, that sounds like something I'm very interested in, I've been growing with those things in mind, trying to have everything perfect all the time, but no way to know for sure without a measuring system. Ya know, that question in the back of my mind always.....can't I do just a little better. I grow vegetable gardens too, and I always try to eat the best things I can obtain. I would be interested to hear more about this.

You got it! Organics at it's pinnacle is precisely how I first wrapped my head around it. :thumb:

Something to keep in mind though...depending on what your soil is deficient in, some of the amendments necessary to make it a High Brix soil might not qualify as "organic" by current standards.

You got it! Organics at it's pinnacle is precisely how I first wrapped my head around it. :thumb:

Something to keep in mind though...depending on what your soil is deficient in, some of the amendments necessary to make it a High Brix soil might not qualify as "organic" by current standards.

I understand, but it's still absolutely organic, sometimes processes are required to extract certain elements that are attached to another element that is either not desired or not in preferred proportions. We do the best we can to obtain these things in their simplest form with little or no processing, however this isn't possible with everything we may require.

Looking very very good my friend!!! :thumb::bravo:... Don't forget to stop through and check out my updates on my 1st grow!! I found two Males :(!! I am cloning the two females!!! Oh!! The SourBlueKush was 1 of the males I found :(!!! Hope to here from you soon VDogg!!:Namaste::ganjamon:

Hey everyone! I've been pretty busy around here, but I really needed to post an update! It's been 12 days...and these girls are completely off the hook! I had to pull out the tray in order to lower, and spread them out a bit...

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_01.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_02.jpg

I honestly thought they would stay smaller...topping them twice...but with the High Brix soil in these large pots, the growth has been ridiculous! I can't say Doc didn't warn me!

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_03.jpg

They are about 3 days into bloom...

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_04.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_05.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_06.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_07.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_08.jpg

Just crazy! And the healthiest plants I've grown to date! :thumb:

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_09.jpg

DP_Blueberry_Flowering_10.jpg

:thanks: for stopping by!

:Namaste: