I would be thinking a flush through with some H2O2 [diluted to 0.5%, pH not adjusted, my tap water is pH 7.2-7.4] to replenish the Oxygen level in coco, then introduce the PK - seems to give the plants a hard on, then a spurt ;)
Cheers mate. I was thinking after a tap water/H2O2 flush to do a lesser flush with calmag and pH'd, then follow directly with a feed. Sound good or an unnecessary step?

Cheers mate. I was thinking after a tap water/H2O2 flush to do a lesser flush with calmag and pH'd, then follow directly with a feed. Sound good or an unnecessary step?
Sounds good - probbly not strictly necessary, but I know you are a Pro grower so deffo a smart move

shogun need to review the calculator is sucks.
Im sure your turn things around mate.
This was the chart i started with and just tweaked to my needs but not much.
You prob seen it but shows how much more they want you to use now.
I just feel they say feed to much a/b and silicon and to little calmag.
Im sure the bottom feeding will get dailed in.
Happy growing dude
shogunfeed.jpg

shogun need to review the calculator is sucks.
Im sure your turn things around mate.
This was the chart i started with and just tweaked to my needs but not much.
You prob seen it but shows how much more they want you to use now.
I just feel they say feed to much a/b and silicon and to little calmag.
Im sure the bottom feeding will get dailed in.
Happy growing dude
shogunfeed.jpg
Yep - sod meaningless charts
Some people measure a gap to fit a bit of timber, others simply offer it up and mark it
One method is immediate, requires no effort and 100% accurate; the other is putting wheels on a tomato quibbling about numbers because the computer says so
:hookah:

I'll keep tweaking. I never know when to start the flower feed. After flip or after they actually start flowering?
Hey vet hope all is good. I tried to have a look at the nutrient line your using but i couldn't see ratios you get like with soil bottled nutrients, gonna have to look into the brand I'm planning on using to be ahead of the game. Usually switching from veg to flower would be once they finish stretching that's for the plants & what I class end of veg growth? Some brands of nutrients might give or take a week depending on ratios of npk. ✌🏽

Hey vet hope all is good. I tried to have a look at the nutrient line your using but i couldn't see ratios you get like with soil bottled nutrients, gonna have to look into the brand I'm planning on using to be ahead of the game. Usually switching from veg to flower would be once they finish stretching that's for the plants & what I class end of veg growth? Some brands of nutrients might give or take a week depending on ratios of npk. ✌🏽
Yeah I'm not sure they publish charts like the one Skunksta has anymore. They have an online calculator you punch a few parameters into and it produces a chart like below. I've just noticed they drop calmag off completely for flowering.

This is for 5 litres water.
Screenshot_20230406-193730~2.png

That's sweet that they have an online calculator for the nute line! Is this the one Skunsta said "sucks?"

(Even if it does, it's still a great idea!) :Rasta:

That's sweet that they have an online calculator for the nute line! Is this the one Skunsta said "sucks?"

Yeah I think so. You input your water type, res size, media, which products you're using and either light, normal or heavy feeding.

Its a great tool you can even input soil or coco led etc .
BUT i just dont think the figures it gives you is for the avg home user.
Its more like pushing your grow to the limit.
Thats what i feel anyhow and never asks for mag.
In any large dose in coco.

The fact they have dropped their root stimulant off week 3 and added pk that's the flower switch for the brand. I hate using ppm but does it add up to what you have been feeding?

Only switch i make as i only use a/b calmag and boost from the range.
I add boost week after the flip and lower my mag (if i dont forget to lower i tend to)
Thats about it not that i dont like the other products just if its not broken ;)

The fact they have dropped their root stimulant off week 3 and added pk that's the flower switch for the brand. I hate using ppm but does it add up to what you have been feeding?
So week 1 flower for them would be starting from flip?

It's a bit over that in the res but not too far off. About 1100 I think.

I think it would probably be a good idea for me to totally empty the res and refill it with 10 litres fresh. So far I've been letting it get down to 2-4 litres (total guess) and then adding a fresh 5. The Autopot instructions say to not let the res go below 10 or 20% I think. I've let it go lower and not topping it up with more than 5 litres as they aren't drinking enough to need that.

Only switch i make as i only use a/b calmag and boost from the range.
I add boost week after the flip and lower my mag (if i dont forget to lower i tend to)
Thats about it not that i dont like the other products just if its not broken ;)
I started the boost around then too at 1ml/L. Calculator said 2ml/L out the gate but I thought I'd start a little lower.

So week 1 flower for them would be starting from flip?

It's a bit over that in the res but not too far off. About 1100 I think.

I think it would probably be a good idea for me to totally empty the res and refill it with 10 litres fresh. So far I've been letting it get down to 2-4 litres (total guess) and then adding a fresh 5. The Autopot instructions say to not let the res go below 10 or 20% I think. I've let it go lower and not topping it up with more than 5 litres as they aren't drinking enough to need that.
Yeah week one would be starting from flip and lines up with their changes week 3 to 4.

Does the ppm in your Res stay the same as it gets low?

Yeah could do that.. in my plan for mine I will be emptying and starting fresh a few weeks after flip and maybe again towards the end of flower last couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom