Thanks all for the input. However, it's not my first rodeo and I know all the standard ways of reducing humidity and I will be using those. I was just curious about the possibility of covering the pots to assist in this as well. I've had the tent full before and the humidity hasn't been as high so I was wondering if the higher humidity was due to the pots being large and the media being constantly wet, and whether that could be somewhat mitigated by covering the top of the pots.

Thanks all for the input. However, it's not my first rodeo and I know all the standard ways of reducing humidity and I will be using those. I was just curious about the possibility of covering the pots to assist in this as well. I've had the tent full before and the humidity hasn't been as high so I was wondering if the higher humidity was due to the pots being large and the media being constantly wet, and whether that could be somewhat mitigated by covering the top of the pots.
It's definitely a possibility vet and It wouldn't hurt covering the pots so worth a try. I have never seen people say anything about humidity keeping Coco wet but of all you do have the smallest environment I have seen someone using this system so it would make a much larger impact.

It's definitely a possibility vet and It wouldn't hurt covering the pots so worth a try. I have never seen people say anything about humidity keeping Coco wet but of all you do have the smallest environment I have seen someone using this system so it would make a much larger impact.
Yeah I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'd see spikes in humidity after watering when using soil in this setup, but it dropped down again quick enough. With the coco and these Autopots that peak is pretty constant right now.

I'm also thinking of efficiency. Yes I can run a load of dehumidifiers and whack up extraction to the max etc but that costs money. I see that as last resort stuff.

Would be so much easier if I could just have a big tent up in the conservatory. But, you know, politicians.😢

Flip +12 I think.
PXL_20230331_205142482~2.jpg
PXL_20230331_205148412~2.jpg

Blue Cheese is looking good. Will definitely need thinning out a bit soon.
PXL_20230331_205156339~2.jpg

The Mac N Cheese is 25" tall now. She should look pretty cool in full flower. An easy trim I reckon.
PXL_20230331_205220621~2.jpg

I trimmed a couple of the manky leaves from the bottom of the WWxNL. Still tiny but looking like she'll grow a bit more now.
PXL_20230331_205213787~2.jpg
PXL_20230331_205208333~2.jpg

They look damn good, Vet- high rh or not!

The plants may also be transpiring more moisture through the leaves due to the autopots- I know my plants in the sips
often get wet leaves from it, (literally dripping wet) and that's a lot of extra moisture going into the air...unfortunately, what can you do, that seems to be how they work...
The rh in my box runs apx 10 points higher than the air outside the box, but that air is usually around 40%
so the box runs at apx. 52%- I'd be screwed if the ambient was much higher..
I guess I'm just talking here, because I have no solution to the problem...
But covering the soil sure couldn't hurt, though..all that wet soil has to be upping your rh, at least a little bit...

They look damn good, Vet- high rh or not!

The plants may also be transpiring more moisture through the leaves due to the autopots- I know my plants in the sips
often get wet leaves from it, (literally dripping wet) and that's a lot of extra moisture going into the air...unfortunately, what can you do, that seems to be how they work...
The rh in my box runs apx 10 points higher than the air outside the box, but that air is usually around 40%
so the box runs at apx. 52%- I'd be screwed if the ambient was much higher..
I guess I'm just talking here, because I have no solution to the problem...
But covering the soil sure couldn't hurt, though..all that wet soil has to be upping your rh, at least a little bit...
Thanks mate. I think I'll fit covers on the pots after I've given them a leg shave and thinned the Blue Cheese. Then the dehumidifiers will be coming out as the buds develop. Ambient RH should be lower by then too. 🤞

Flip +12 I think.
PXL_20230331_205142482~2.jpg
PXL_20230331_205148412~2.jpg

Blue Cheese is looking good. Will definitely need thinning out a bit soon.
PXL_20230331_205156339~2.jpg

The Mac N Cheese is 25" tall now. She should look pretty cool in full flower. An easy trim I reckon.
PXL_20230331_205220621~2.jpg

I trimmed a couple of the manky leaves from the bottom of the WWxNL. Still tiny but looking like she'll grow a bit more now.
PXL_20230331_205213787~2.jpg
PXL_20230331_205208333~2.jpg
Yooo vet lookin good in there. Lovely lookin indicas. Hope your doing well bro 👍🏻

I got my son a new CPU for his PC last month and the guy sent it in a reflective jiffy bag. I kept it as I just knew it would be useful for something. The WWxNL now has a pot cover. Should be enough of the bag left to make another two. Even if it doesn't work, it looks pretty cool. 🤣
PXL_20230401_214706329~2.jpg

The @ViparSpectra XS2000 is doing a great job. Looking forward to seeing how the flowers develop. I foresee some sticky spears.
PXL_20230401_214905304~2.jpg
PXL_20230401_214840877~2.jpg
PXL_20230401_214808561~2.jpg
PXL_20230401_214737243~2.jpg
PXL_20230401_214725953~2.jpg
PXL_20230401_214718938~2.jpg

I got my son a new CPU for his PC last month and the guy sent it in a reflective jiffy bag. I kept it as I just knew it would be useful for something. The WWxNL now has a pot cover. Should be enough of the bag left to make another two. Even if it doesn't work, it looks pretty cool. 🤣
That looks a good adaptation Vet, now bring on those sticky buds!

that cheap red meter is a baller. Spot on.
Here's something to spin your head. The grow tech ph7 solution I used claimed it had to be a certain temperature to be a accurate reading.
can't remember the temp, but while messing around with my laser thermometer I found that if it was even 2° different in temperature the meter would be 0.2 out.
Another rabbit hole I disappeared down.

that cheap red meter is a baller. Spot on.
Here's something to spin your head. The grow tech ph7 solution I used claimed it had to be a certain temperature to be a accurate reading.
can't remember the temp, but while messing around with my laser thermometer I found that if it was even 2° different in temperature the meter would be 0.2 out.
Another rabbit hole I disappeared down.
Yes mate. I'd buy one again for sure. Yeah I looked on the back of one of the powder packs and it says the difference in pH at the different temps.

So neat in there, soldier.

Old habits obvi die hard.

I love the grow, but live for the neat.
Thanks T. I could do with putting some clips on the poles for cable management. The tent is tidier than the cupboard it sits in. 🤣

Not too much to report. The little budlets are starting to form which is nice to see. They look a little pale. The Shogun calculator has the A & B bumping up to 14ml of each for 5L right now but I'm wary of avoiding build up in these Autopots. Might bump it to 12ml on the next reservoir top up.

I think I'll start to thin the Blue Cheese out this week as its been 2 weeks since flip. She hasn't stretched much compared to the Mac N Cheese.
PXL_20230403_071401976~2.jpg
PXL_20230403_071422501~2.jpg
PXL_20230402_214515909~2.jpg

Did your covers help with the RH?
Only one fitted until I shave the Cheesy girls legs. The RH was down to 72% this morning though so I think covering that one has made a small difference. Should have the other two fitted by the end of this week.

Not too much to report. The little budlets are starting to form which is nice to see. They look a little pale. The Shogun calculator has the A & B bumping up to 14ml of each for 5L right now but I'm wary of avoiding build up in these Autopots. Might bump it to 12ml on the next reservoir top up.

I think I'll start to thin the Blue Cheese out this week as its been 2 weeks since flip. She hasn't stretched much compared to the Mac N Cheese.
PXL_20230403_071401976~2.jpg
PXL_20230403_071422501~2.jpg
PXL_20230402_214515909~2.jpg
Looking great vet, glad you got some improvement on the Rh if doing the other two drops it again definitely something to be shared. Has the white lights shown any flower yet? And how many tops does she have? I'm expecting nug of the month from her like Thor's hammer! 😂

Back
Top Bottom