VG's First Legal Grow: Growing The Za-Za Under The ViparSpectra KS3000 LED

"Minnesota, home of social experiments!" New state motto?

Babies are looking unsurprisingly lovely. :)
Lmao.
With the Dems in power it sure looks that way.
Free lunch for all K-12 students. Legal cannabis and safe haven reproductive laws. Governor Walz isn't fucking around.

I'm loving it.

Woo-hoo, indeed!

The babies are about a week old now.
They seem to be doing well despite the lowish rh in the closet. It's 81°f with 42% rh.

They are really loving the light.
I'll have to get the ruler out and check the distance but I think they are about 25" away from the light.

I may have found one thing that could be improved. It's not the light itself but rather the driver. It has an incremental dimmer and it's really hard to read it. They used white lettering on a silver driver.
It's not hard to figure out without looking though. There are only four positions to choose from.
I could always use a Sharpie™ but I'm afraid I'll void the warranty. Lol

I'm struggling to find any real fault with the light. Seems solid.

Woo-hoo, indeed!

They seem to be doing well despite the lowish rh in the closet. It's 81°f with 42% rh.

I'll have to get the ruler out and check the distance but I think they are about 25" away from the light.

I may have found one thing that could be improved. It's not the light itself but rather the driver. It has an incremental dimmer and it's really hard to read it. They used white lettering on a silver driver.
It's not hard to figure out without looking though. There are only four positions to choose from.

Thanks for opening the door @Virgin Ground - when I did my first journal with those lights for the first time I loved them too….except for that pesky dimmer thing. But Valerie was so kind I didn’t want to say even the slightest negative. And truth be told that was the only one. I prefer to pick my own increments. I also measure, and Phototone is plenty accurate enough to discern an entire range in between those four positions. That said, if you’re like me and always run at 100% and adjust by height of plant, it doesn’t matter too much unless the plants grow close to the light. Congrats on your start. So far so good.

Thanks for opening the door @Virgin Ground - when I did my first journal with those lights for the first time I loved them too….except for that pesky dimmer thing. But Valerie was so kind I didn’t want to say even the slightest negative. And truth be told that was the only one. I prefer to pick my own increments. I also measure, and Phototone is plenty accurate enough to discern an entire range in between those four positions. That said, if you’re like me and always run at 100% and adjust by height of plant, it doesn’t matter too much unless the plants grow close to the light. Congrats on your start. So far so good.
I wish I could sit down with you, have a J and take notes. You do some interesting things and achieve tremendous results. I know you do things differently from others and I haven't followed along your complete journey and have missed stuff!

I guess my approach to sponsored equipment is a bit different.
I want to give an honest review for my followers while being fair and thoughtful towards the sponsors.
I also believe that not giving them any negative feedback won't help them to improve their product.
I can see your view too. Valerie has been beyond patient with my delays and I don't want to disappoint her.

I run my garden very different to your approach. I use the lowest setting on the lights for as long as possible to keep the heat and electric bill down.

I use a lux meter and measure distance. I rely on their par map as much as possible.
Pretty bebes all in a row circle! I've read one way to raise the RH is to let your puppy nap in there.
Lol. He doesn't like my closet. Too bright, warm and windy for the old fella.

Hey y'all.

I took some pics for an update but got sidetracked by an old friend who paid a visit.
Here they are at day #11 for the Wizard autos, day #10 for the Za-Za Og and Hindsight, day #9 for the MAC regs.

Looks like it's just about time to transplant the autos. I need to locate my three gallon pots though. Not quite sure where I stuck those when I moved. They're around here somewhere.

The KS3000 is doing a great job on these babies. It's still at 26" from the canopy for now and still running at 25%. After I transplant and give them a few days to recover, I'll start ramping things up a bit but for now they will just chill as is.

They are still on 1gr/gallon MC. I may just stick with it. It's just so much easier to use with my busy schedule.
Kids are starting school in a few weeks and I need to do a lot of prep for that.

That's about it for now.
Hope y'all are doing well.

Hey y'all.

I took some pics for an update but got sidetracked by an old friend who paid a visit.
Here they are at day #11 for the Wizard autos, day #10 for the Za-Za Og and Hindsight, day #9 for the MAC regs.

Looks like it's just about time to transplant the autos. I need to locate my three gallon pots though. Not quite sure where I stuck those when I moved. They're around here somewhere.

The KS3000 is doing a great job on these babies. It's still at 26" from the canopy for now and still running at 25%. After I transplant and give them a few days to recover, I'll start ramping things up a bit but for now they will just chill as is.

They are still on 1gr/gallon MC. I may just stick with it. It's just so much easier to use with my busy schedule.
Kids are starting school in a few weeks and I need to do a lot of prep for that.

That's about it for now.
Hope y'all are doing well.
Off to a strong start! 💪

Hi V, those babies are cuties!
They're doing well.
I think they are cute as heck.

The kids are moving up a grade and the babies are moving up a size. It's all happening here!
They all grow so fast. Especially my youngest son. He looks like a young Mick Jagger. Just a bean pole that one.
Off to a strong start! 💪
Hope that I don't mess them up now.
I have an issue with occasionally letting them dry out a bit too much in flower.
It only takes one time to fry them.
I'm working on it. The last two grows have been much better.

Woo-hoo, indeed!

Very happy and healthy-looking little girls.

Very happy and healthy-looking little girls.
They've grown just a bit. Lol

Here they are on day #17 for the Wizard auto, day #16 for the Za-Za Og and Hindsight and day #15 for the MAC V2 regs.....

I'm still at 25% power with the ViparSpectra KS3000. It's still 26" away from the plants and will remain that way until a few days after their transplant into their GeoPots.

I found my three and five gallon pots so I'm ready to go. I'm going to transplant either today or tomorrow.
Just got done doing yardwork before the heat comes. It's supposed to get about 112°f here by Wednesday....sucky, suck ,suck..
Kinda beat right now. I was sick for the last four days so I'm fatigued still but I'll get 'er done.

I need to go and cool down.
I have the boob soup going on.

Hope y'all have a great day, especially for the folks in the southwest right now. Damned crazy weather and earthquakes to boot.

Hope you're doing ok out there @InTheShed .:love:

Here they are on day #17 for the Wizard auto, day #16 for the Za-Za Og and Hindsight and day #15 for the MAC V2 regs
Or as @Grand Daddy Black would say, day 15. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I found my three and five gallon pots so I'm ready to go.
Noice! They definitely look ready for the move. Best to get it done before this happens:
It's supposed to get about 112°f here by Wednesday
:eek:
POIDH?
Hope you're doing ok out there @InTheShed
Thank you my dear, all is well here! Other places got it a lot worse 'cause all we got was a day of rain. Clearing skies this morning and my plants are back outside. ⛅

They've grown just a bit. Lol

Here they are on day #17 for the Wizard auto, day #16 for the Za-Za Og and Hindsight and day #15 for the MAC V2 regs.....

I'm still at 25% power with the ViparSpectra KS3000. It's still 26" away from the plants and will remain that way until a few days after their transplant into their GeoPots.

I found my three and five gallon pots so I'm ready to go. I'm going to transplant either today or tomorrow.
Just got done doing yardwork before the heat comes. It's supposed to get about 112°f here by Wednesday....sucky, suck ,suck..
Kinda beat right now. I was sick for the last four days so I'm fatigued still but I'll get 'er done.

I need to go and cool down.

Hope y'all have a great day, especially for the folks in the southwest right now. Damned crazy weather and earthquakes to boot.

Hope you're doing ok out there @InTheShed .:love:
The bad weather will pass soon. You should also take care of yourself so that you can take care of the little girls. :hug:

Noice! They definitely look ready for the move. Best to get it done before this happens:
I finally got it done. It's just been too hot here to do much of anything.
It's finally cooling off.
Thank you my dear, all is well here! Other places got it a lot worse 'cause all we got was a day of rain. Clearing skies this morning and my plants are back outside. ⛅
Glad to hear that you and the fam are safe.
Damn VG- they couldn't look any better.!. ❤️
Chugging right along, Mr. C.
The bad weather will pass soon. You should also take care of yourself so that you can take care of the little girls. :hug:
Hey Valerie.

I have some chronic issues that pop up sometimes.
I'm feeling much better today.

The little girls are doing just fine.
They are loving the light for sure.

Back
Top Bottom