VG's First Legal Grow: Growing The Za-Za Under The ViparSpectra KS3000 LED

All the babies are up.:slide:

The temp in the closet is 81°f and the rh is a tad low at 45%.
I could add a humidifier but it just started raining so I'm going to leave it for now. There is a good chance it will go up this afternoon.
It isn't such a low rh that I'm necessarily concerned anyway.

Here they are in their various sizes.

I still think baby cannabis plants are adorable.
They will get their first feeding in a few days. Not sure what I'm using for nutrients quite yet. Not even sure about which pots to use. I haven't received the GeoPots that I won in June for PotM. Now I see that they are absent from the contest sponsors.
It was one of the main reason that I entered the contest. Kinda needed those.

Since legalization, my youngest children have been asking a lot of questions about cannabis.
The conversations have been interesting to say the least.

I have been growing for over five years now and they had zero idea what it was or that I was growing it.
I never tried to hide it from them either. They often saw me feeding or trimming plants in the early morning before school. They must not have given it much thought.

Hope y'all are doing well and your gardens are happy and healthy.

I'm going to enjoy the cool weather and softly falling rain. It's supposed to rain all day and into the evening.
It's so welcome. We've been in a terrible drought.

Congrats on sprouting 7 of 7 !:bravo:
I haven't received the GeoPots that I won in June for PotM. Now I see that they are absent from the contest sponsors.
I haven't received mine for PhotM either..Geopot is still here, though- #18 down on the sponsors page...
I guess they're just running a bit behind...

Thank you for introducing KS3000 in such detail, looking forward to your follow-up updates :thumb:

Someone can count...😆
Congrats on sprouting 7 of 7 !
I was impressed that I didn't have to go digging through the Pro Mix for wayward growing sprouts.
I haven't received mine for PhotM either..Geopot is still here, though- #18 down on the sponsors page...
I guess they're just running a bit behind...
I tried to send Renee a message about it but she hasn't responded to my last two DMs.
Guess she's running behind too?
Congrats on the sprouts VG. I agree, they are adorable little like that.
I love when they pray when they are little.. they look like tiny birds.
Hey Sweets.
What a rare treat.
Thanks for checking out my grow.
Thank you for introducing KS3000 in such detail, looking forward to your follow-up updates :thumb:
Thanks!
Glad that you approve so far.
I'll get my review for the KS3000 up soon.

Excellent start to your grow journal @Virgin Ground
I am interest to see how the @ViparSpectra KS3000 will do.

Mind if I tag along?

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Highya Tok.

Yes, please join along.
I'll have a review in the sponsors section soon as well.

Za babies....

They all look super healthy and happy.

Lol. The brightest part of the light must be just slightly to the left judging from the gentle lean they all have.

I'll give them a scoot and try to center them.

Getting ready to give them their first feeding. Should probably decide on what to feed them. I have a few different nutrient lines that I've won here.
Some have lots of bottles though and I lose track. ADD brain.....

They're really going to take off once you plug them in!

IMG_20230808_173210249.jpg

They're really going to take off once you plug them in!

IMG_20230808_173210249.jpg
Lol. Electrifying.

I would have removed the light but it's a PITA to get it back in the correct spot.

Free to grow unencumbered at home! This is a wonderful grow! Great germing too! 100%! You still got it! :hookah:
It still doesn't seem real to me but not much has changed here.
My neighbors are a bit more giggly and folks have been driving slower lately.

We won't have any local dispensaries until 2025.
There are two places to get recreational cannabis and they are about 8-10 hrs away on reservations in northern Minnesota.

Yeah. Great germination indeed.
I've been lucky thus far. I've only failed to germ four or five seeds since I started growing five years ago.

Happy to see you, Stone. :green_heart:

Don't hold your breath! It was years before they settled things here. I've been to one weed shop, a big corporate one up the street and found it cold and weird. Our bud is better! There's probable 5 in a 15 minute drive from here today. They don't respect licenses like booze and let them set up shop on every corner. Then again other towns are totally dry.

Don't hold your breath! It was years before they settled things here. I've been to one weed shop, a big corporate one up the street and found it cold and weird. Our bud is better! There's probable 5 in a 15 minute drive from here today. They don't respect licenses like booze and let them set up shop on every corner. Then again other towns are totally dry.
I'm not looking to buy anything from a dispensary. I'm more than happy with my own product. It's also way the hell cheaper than dispensary stuff.
I'll go and check one out. Heck, maybe i actually would buy a J or two. It would be a good way to preview some strains.

They way that the licensing is set up in Minnesota is kinda cool imo.
For every 12,500 people there is one dispensary license available. If a town fails to have at least 12,500 people it defaults to the population of the entire county. The county or city cannot refuse to have a dispensary.
They want it regulated, affordable and well dispersed throughout Minnesota to try to get rid of some of the cartel activity.
A town my size will have around five dispensaries and the adjoining town will have two or three.
Should be plenty to choose from.

These pics were from yesterday but I was just too busy to post.

We are at day #6 for the Wizard auto

Day #5 for the Za-Za Og and Hindsight

Day #4 for the MAC V2

They had to be fed yesterday and I had zero extra time so I just mixed up some MC at 1gr/gallon and gave them that.
They were extremely dry so I saturated them by bottom watering.
After I let them sit for 20 minutes or so,I let them drip into a bucket for another five to ten minutes.
The runoff is used either for my houseplants or outdoor flowers.

That's the quick and dirty

Have a great one... :passitleft:

With every state that goes legal the rules get better and better! Some of the early adopter states should go back and revise their laws with the new best-practices.
I agree.

I've heard that we should be used as a template for legalization.
We'll see how well our little social experiment works out.

Back
Top Bottom