Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Good evening/morning all.

With nothing really to do tonight I scoped the Slurricane on its Flip + 67.

She's getting close!

Slur trich 10-6-23 F67 (1).jpg
Slur trich 10-6-23 F67 (2).jpg
Slur trich 10-6-23 F67 (3).jpg
Slur trich 10-6-23 F67 (4).jpg
Slur trich 10-6-23 F67 (5).jpg

I appreciate your stop.

PEACE

I've got a few solo pics of the Phase II plants today.

They're chugging along on their Flip + 21.
Beautiful plants and pics, GDB. Those Phase II flowers are looking good and booming for the age. :ganjamon:
I'm just now realizing that we are only a few days off on flip days. I'm at +18 today.

It's Flip + 19 for the Phase II plants and they're enjoying life under the @ViparSpectra KS5000. All are sporting cute little puff balls!
S2 10-3-23 F19.jpg

Fat Bastards front. Sour G rear.

Last night, the FB#1 (left) got another top-feed of Roots Organic bloom nutrients.

-------------------------

That's all I've got.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
They like KS5000 :circle-of-love:
1696535808297.png

They look like little lites !!!!! What a cool pic, good luck man
Also like stars and especially bright.

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip + 69 for the Serenity group and a few of them are ready for the taking!

Serenity 10-8-23 F69 tent.jpg

Rear: Forbidden Fruit, Front Left: Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner, Front Right: Slurricane

I've had a real eye-opening experience over the past few days smoking testers from the GPxBB and the Slur. Both provided nice, clean and rather intense levels of zootiness! Really nice -- especially for uncured, quick-dried testers!

What's been eye-opening for me is the relative lack of amber trichs on either of the plants. They both have nearly all cloudy trichs but little to no amber.

GPxBB:
GPxBB trich 110-7-23 F68 (1).jpg

GPxBB trich 110-7-23 F68 (2).jpg

GPxBB trich 110-7-23 F68 (3).jpg

GPxBB bud 10-8-23 F69.jpg

Slur:
Slur trich 10-7-23 F68 (2).jpg

Slur trich 10-7-23 F68 (3).jpg

Slur trich 10-7-23 F68 (1).jpg

Slur bud 10-8-23 F69.jpg

So I'm thinking that in the past I have waited a tad bit too long to take down my plants. I've been waiting on too much amber to appear, when I should have been taking them down at the first sign of any amber.

So both of these plants will be taken down during the week -- the GPxBB first and then the Slur!

And while the FF has made significant progress, I believe she still has a few weeks to go.

----------------------------------

The Phase II girls are on their Flip + 24 and looking perky under the @ViparSpectra KS5000!
SSS2 10-7-23 F23 tent.jpg

----------------------------------

Beautiful plants and pics, GDB. Those Phase II flowers are looking good and booming for the age. :ganjamon:
I'm just now realizing that we are only a few days off on flip days. I'm at +18 today.
Thanks Stinker.

That fact didn't escape me. It's one of the reasons I commented on how big your leaves are! :)
Looking good GDB, she is looking nice and close!
Thanks Stunger. She about to get as close as she's ever gonna' get! :Rasta:
She sure is! Looking juicy and good!
Thanks Stone. And after seeing what you've just had to contend with I won't dare complain about trimming my little girls! :ganjamon:

-------------------------------

Now that I know the 4x4 tent will be cleared out within weeks, I'm freed up to start the @Canuk Seeds grow. They'll be started in my 2x2 tent and then moved over to the 4x4 to finish.

I'll drop a link to that journal in here once I get it started.

-------------------------------

Thanks for looking in and have yourself a pleasant and refreshing Sunday!

PEACE

The first two do look ready from the bud shots , phase 2 moving right along too , Nice !
Thanks Smoke!

As in a game of hide and seek, "Ready or not, here I come!"
Definitely getting close in there! What do you think about going based on clear and cloudy with these rather than amber?
I think I prolly should have been taking them at this stage all along. I really liked the taste and effect of the testers.
A few out of three? :hmmmm:
Yeah, that's less than three! :laugh:

It's Flip + 69 for the Serenity group and a few of them are ready for the taking!
:thumb:
The Phase II girls are on their Flip + 24 and looking perky
They sure are ! Nice work, GDB..👍
I've been waiting on too much amber to appear, when I should have been taking them down at the first sign of any amber.
I think you're on to something, GDB- my plants would die of old age before I see anything like 20% amber- they just don't seem to amber up under led's like they do out in the sun.
I've been harvesting at 3% amber or so (not counting sugar leaves) although, I also go by the look of the plant, and how much water they're using, or not using...

Highya GDB,

I don't think you'll be disappointed, by looking at those trichome pictures! I'm not seeing hardly any amber trichomes this year. So, I'm keying on the pistils, and if there's many clear trichomes. I've been smoking test buds this week, and buds seem to be clouding up just fine! Wonder what's up with the amber trichomes?!? Don't you just love the perky look in the Phase 2 ladies? Lovely looking. Have yourself a great Sunday as well! Happy Smokin'

:thumb:

They sure are ! Nice work, GDB..👍

I think you're on to something, GDB- my plants would die of old age before I see anything like 20% amber- they just don't seem to amber up under led's like they do out in the sun.
I've been harvesting at 3% amber or so (not counting sugar leaves) although, I also go by the look of the plant, and how much water they're using, or not using...
Smoked a few more testers last night. I'm convinced I've been waiting too long to take them down. (The only other explanation that works is that this is the best weed I've ever grown, and I don't think that's the case.) :)

The GPxBB has really slowed her drinking. She's back to every other day watering. That's why I'm taking her first.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing if taking them earlier changes the quality of my smashes. I suspect (hope) that it will. :Rasta:

Highya GDB,

I don't think you'll be disappointed, by looking at those trichome pictures! I'm not seeing hardly any amber trichomes this year. So, I'm keying on the pistils, and if there's many clear trichomes. I've smoking test buds this week, and buds seem to be clouding up just fine! Wonder what's up with the amber trichomes?!? Don't you just love the perky look in the Phase 2 ladies? Lovely looking. Have yourself a great Sunday as well! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.

I've read several articles over the years that said mostly cloudy is the optimum stage for psychoactive properties, and that the appearance of amber signals digression into more of a "body high" outcome.

Now I'm not sure why I ever decided to wait for a bunch of amber before chopping.

Stoner logic? :)

Now I'm not sure why I ever decided to wait for a bunch of amber before chopping.
I thought a calming effect would go good with the buzz, since I'm prone to feeling a little anxiety immediately after smoking...honestly, though- since I've taken the last few plants with hardly any amber, the buzz seems pretty much the same- if anything, it seems a little stronger- but that could be the strain causing that...and the amber never really did much for the (mild) anxiety anyhow..so I'm thinking I don't really need it.
Now I'm looking forward to seeing if taking them earlier changes the quality of my smashes.
Seems like it should- not night and day, but I'll bet it's a little bit better...:hmmmm:

I didn't smoke for about ten years because of the anxiety thing...I find that as I've gotten older, the anxiety has gotten milder...still there, but not real bad- it lasts 5 minutes now, it used to last half an hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom