Virgin Grower - Badboy Lights - Fox Farms - LST - Nirvana Seed

I guess I will have to pop three more of my AK48 in a pheno search! Your Aurora is a pretty one but you really lucked out on the bagseed. My one AK female was a nute hog and made medium small nugs, in fact I couldn't keep her on the same schedule as the other plants yet she never showed the same vigor yours has. My other plants I had in the same run, a bagseed skunk and Diesel just ran away from her. I quit running my AK and gave some cuts away to a friend who is still keeping her up, he is getting the same results I did but loves her anyway. Soon I will run some more of my AK seeds, some Ice and some Aurora using the first showing male to make seeds with.

Looking good man. On your humidity, is it a constant 70% or do you have big swings?

Better get the humidity down or you will see problems. Hot and humid=budrot. Try to get below 55%.

I made a few changes to the grow room today and had some help from the weather gods as well. As a result, The RH is now down to 56% with a number of contributing factors.

1) Moved the Carbon air scrubber from the floor and mounted it to the top of the closet with the fan blowing to the back of the closet

2) Added a second fan to the room and placed an airwick type odor neutralizer in front of it

3) Had a storm blow through over night that finally broke the outside humidity, Outside has been running in the 60 to 90% RH range for the past few weeks. Today it was at 45% This allowed me to open the windows in the basement and with the added fans increasing the airflow exchanged old humid indoor air with fresh outdoor low humidity air.

End result 56% humidity inside the closet. Now if the fall weather is here to stay that should keep my humidity issues inline for the time remaining with this grow.

Another bonus today, My order from Attitude came today just 8 days from ordering. All the seeds intact and with all the bonus seeds. The down side, I will have to wait a few weeks before I can germ any of them and even then it will be one at a time.

I guess I will have to pop three more of my AK48 in a pheno search! Your Aurora is a pretty one but you really lucked out on the bagseed. My one AK female was a nute hog and made medium small nugs, in fact I couldn't keep her on the same schedule as the other plants yet she never showed the same vigor yours has. My other plants I had in the same run, a bagseed skunk and Diesel just ran away from her. I quit running my AK and gave some cuts away to a friend who is still keeping her up, he is getting the same results I did but loves her anyway. Soon I will run some more of my AK seeds, some Ice and some Aurora using the first showing male to make seeds with.

Every review I've read on AK48 has been pretty positive. I would definitely try it again. I still have3 more of her seeds so I hope the rest of them do equally well when I get around to germing them.

Wish I knew what the bag seed was, but she is growing pretty well and I did breed her with a few buds from the Female bagseed as well as the AK. I also plan on breeding the bagseed pollen with the AI in another week or so once the flowers are mature enough. I also intend to use the pollen on some of the new breeds I just recieved as the go. Should keep me supplied with seeds for quite some time.

Take a peak in on my AK48 grow. I have 2-3 that seem to be same pheno of awesome and the others, while being good, are a bit behind. I just took 8 clones from the best ones so hopefully I keep this pheno going.

I would say plant them seeds!

Oh Dex,

This evening the AC kicked on in the house when I was downstairs. Grow room is upstairs in a bedroom. We have 20' vaulted ceilings in the living room. When the ac kicked on I got a small whiff of "fresh linen" from the Ona and I only have a few tbs in a quart container upstairs!

I think it works. :thumb:

Harvest Night

Ok, So two nights ago, I pulled the 4 bagseed girls from the flowering closet to go into 36 hours of darkness before the harvest. And tonight I say WOW. I did over do the pollination of these girls and ended up with more seeds than i really wanted. I pulled over 100 seeds out of the 4 kids and I'm sure there is more scatted throughout some of the buds. Given that I need to go 1 at a time to keep the wife happy, I think I'll stick with fem seed going forward and to ensure pure sens

Plant 1 Was the smallest of the girls due to some nute burn early in flowering. She still produced 100g Wet weight

Plant 2 produced 84 g wet

Plant 3 Came in at 152 g wet

Plant 4 The biggest and healthiest came in at 208 wet

In total these girls produced 544 g or 19.4 ounces wet weight plus an additional 200g trim for hash or butter making latter on.

As we trimmed we separated the buds into 3 catagories

Small Bud Weighing in at 74 g

Medium Bud Weighing in at 237g

Large Bud Weighing in at 233 g

So remaining in the flowering closet right now is

1 Nirvana AK48 day 36 12/12
1 Nirvana Aurora Indica day 21 12/12
1 clone off of one bag seed girl switched to 12/12 at 6 inches tall day 6 12/12

The pics below tell the real story. All I can say is that I am more than pleased with my 1st ever harvest.

IMG_004715.JPG
IMG_003816.JPG
IMG_003720.JPG
IMG_003417.JPG
IMG_003320.JPG
IMG_003117.JPG
IMG_003116.JPG
IMG_003022.JPG
IMG_002225.JPG
IMG_002122.JPG
IMG_002023.JPG
IMG_001927.JPG
IMG_001821.JPG
IMG_001526.JPG
IMG_001026.JPG
IMG_000444.JPG

Congrats on the harvest. :thumb:
Absolutely beautiful. Tight trim work too. How are you planning to cure?

Thanks guys. DR I bought this 3 drawer wire mesh storage unit from Ikea for $15. I lined the bottom of each drawer with brown paper and designated each drawer for either small medium or top buds. I thought the unit would provide good airflow for the initial dry. I then put the shelves in a bathroom with the exhaust fan on, lights out, and shut the door. Figured that would help control odor. I plan to let the buds dry in this for the 1st week. After that into 1 quart mason jars for curing until ready.
IMG_005117.JPG
IMG_005911.JPG
IMG_003816.JPG

+ reps for catering to my wants! Besides, that AK looks great. How far into flower is that?

Mid Week Update
As you know, the bag seed girls were harvested a week ago today. My intent was to pollinate a few selected bud sites on these girls, but somehow most buds have seed in them. Some more than others, but most are seeded. i was very careful when painted the selected bud site, so the best I can guess is that pollen got into the AC system and spread from the male room to the female room.

Harvested a week ago, I put the smallest buds in jar on Monday, the medium bud on Tuesday and the top buds went in the jar yesterday. I have been burping the jars once or twice a day from 30 to 60 minutes each time.
IMG_006815.JPG

Group shots of the AI, AK48 and bagseed clone
IMG_006015.JPG

AK48 42 days 12/12 Should be ready to harvest this week, but will need to go one more week as I will be out of town on vacation all week. Cant wait to come home and see the change. I haven't had the opportunity to go a whole week with out checking in on the girls. this close to harvest, I imagine it will be like a kid on xmas when I open the tent after not seeing her for 8 days.
IMG_006714.JPG
IMG_006310.JPG
IMG_006111.JPG

AI 27 days 12/12
IMG_006414.JPG

Bag seed clone 12 days 12/12
IMG_006516.JPG

Weekend update

First of all I realized the images I was uploading were extremely large and of marginal quality. So I went out and bought a new camera and figured out how to make the images more web friendly. This should help any of you that do not have high speed internet:welcome:

As you know, I went away on vacation this past week and was very excited to come home and see the AK after being away for 8 days

Unfortunately, my daughter who promised to take care of the girls while I was gone totally neglected them leaving them go for 8 days with no water. :oops:The AI and the bag seed clone did ok with this as they were in traditional pots and did not dry out

DSC000245.JPG
ak50.JPG

The AK48 did not handle the lack of water quite as well since she is in an airpot and they dry out very fast. Most of the fan leaves are toast at this point, but I think it will recover for the last week or 2 before harvest.
ai11.JPG
ai21.JPG
ai31.JPG
ai4.JPG
ai5.JPG
ai6.JPG
ai7.JPG

I did trim all the dead fan leaves and fed with plenty of water. She is close to being complete as it is 50 days 12/12, but I think if she perks up she can go another week or 2 as very little amber trichs at this point. If she doesn't perk up over the weekend, I guess we will call it a harvest and take what we can get

A few current bud shots
DSC0004016.JPG
DSC000285.JPG
DSC0002111.JPG
DSC0001811.JPG
DSC000178.JPG

Lastly, I went out and bought a bag of happy frog and germinated my next project. Green House Seeds Hawaiian Snow I'm really excited about growing her as I have heard good things about this sativa dominant strain. Once she pops, I'll start a new journal featuring her . I didn't find a lot of journals documenting this variety, so perhaps I can contribute.

Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Hawaiian, Laos.
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October/November
Height : Medium
THC Level : 23.7%
Characteristics : Prize Winner
4 Times Cup Winner!!!

Greenhouse Seeds Hawaiian Snow took 1st prize in the 2003 High Times Cannabis cup as well as 2nd place at the 2007 Spannabis in Barcelona and 1st place again in the 2007 ----- 420 Sativa Breeders Cup. This strain is very sticky, with a great Hazy smell and taste and exhibits a monster THC content and yield. Hawaiian Snow cannabis seeds give a powerful creative high and a delightfully smooth stoned feeling. THC: 23.7% CBD: 1.1% CBN: 0.8% Flowering time Indoor for the Hawaiian Snow is between 12 to 13 weeks. Outdoor harvest will have finished by the beginning of November in the Northern hemisphereand and by late July in the Southern hemisphere. Yield (Indoors): 550 to 600 gr/sqm.

https://www.growhd.tv/video/Hawaiian-Snow--grow-video/23ed2a0faa430e801bf1cafb4d52e67a

wow, sorry to hear about the AK. That's really sad. I say the kid goes 8 days without food.

The rest are looking great though!

Can't wait to see that Hawaiin Snow!!
Great Job!!!
GT

Thanks GT. The Hawaiian SNow is a long flowering sativa where it has an advertised flowering time of 12 to 13 weeks. Although I have seen some journals where it has taken even longer.

Oh yeah, congrats on the new job. Hope it works out really well for you

Mini Update on the AK48

Its been 48 hours since discovering the AK48 had dried out. I have trimmed all the fan leaves since the discovery and she seems to be rebounding well. The Trichs are mostly cloudy with little to no amber. I would have expected her to be ready by now is they advertise 48 days flowering and we are at 52 days right now. My guess is there is another week or 2 left in her at this point. I still may take it sooner though if the buds don't resume putting on weight over the next few days
DSC0004111.JPG
DSC0004213.JPG
DSC000438.JPG

Back
Top Bottom