Vladimir's - Coco - Acapulco Gold - Flux - CMH 150W

What's up Comrades? I hope everyone is having a swell Saturday.
I sure did, I feel filled to near bursting with food. That's the reason I'm posting, can't go to bed on full stomach...

No pic updates today... Tomorrow is day 12 from flip, should be some nice young buds to show.

To answer some questions...
I'm still hand watering so I have not enough answers so far.

I water her about 6 times a day, 2 hours apart.
I do all my work on the computer so she is next to me and I can feed her whenever. It's relaxing to watch her grow during my breaks away from the workstation. Grow op is under the desk.
PPM is around 600, I don't give them plain water in between, only runoff about 10%, still handwatering, no specific volume.
I mix her nutes about once every 2 weeks.
PH 6.1, I should try to get that down...

I may never go back to DWC if this coco thing keeps working like it has been.
Just took me a while to dial it in...just a hobby but I see so much more in it everyday than that.
Stay tuned Comrades and thanks for helping me keep my journal going.

Vlad:bongrip:

Coco is a quality medium. I have considered giving it a run because I like that with Coco alot of people bump the feeding down real low. With hydroton i for some reason feel the need to water often even though it doesn't dry out. It gives the illusion it does.

When I get bored playing in the clay I'll probably join in on the Vlad fun...

So far I like playing with clay though....

FE

What's up Comrades? I hope everyone is having a swell Saturday.
I sure did, I feel filled to near bursting with food. That's the reason I'm posting, can't go to bed on full stomach...

No pic updates today... Tomorrow is day 12 from flip, should be some nice young buds to show.

To answer some questions...
I'm still hand watering so I have not enough answers so far.

I water her about 6 times a day, 2 hours apart.
I do all my work on the computer so she is next to me and I can feed her whenever. It's relaxing to watch her grow during my breaks away from the workstation. Grow op is under the desk.
PPM is around 600, I don't give them plain water in between, only runoff about 10%, still handwatering, no specific volume.
I mix her nutes about once every 2 weeks.
PH 6.1, I should try to get that down...

I may never go back to DWC if this coco thing keeps working like it has been.
Just took me a while to dial it in...just a hobby but I see so much more in it everyday than that.
Stay tuned Comrades and thanks for helping me keep my journal going.

Thank you sir.. Pretty much the exact recipe I want to follow but can't quite pull off. Lol. I really do think coco is "growing for dummies". My hats off to the DWC and soil growers. It takes a special kind of OCD to grow in water and inner peace to grow in soil. I'll always have a plant or 2 in soil just because that's what nature intended. Still, passive hydro really is special. Looking good VP. Can't wait to see those flowers stack up!!

DAY 13 F

So far soo good. She's not afraid of heights, getting baked under full tropical sun today.
Tethered to my desk, she sits on the sill a few hours while the sun is at its best.
Look at the grass below, it's burnt to a crisp. That's how intense the sun is these days!

IMG_033141.JPG
IMG_033455.JPG

Question...

Should I switch the CMH to HPS for when the stretch is done, or get red LEDs 630nm and keep the CMH in? Or should I keep the CMH in and supplement that with HPS?
What do my comrades think is the best way to deal with the challenge of getting the hardest dank nuggs off of this mini tree? If I can shoot for 200 grams by upping the total light, I am willing to do that.

Waiting for super nuggs,

It's a good answer Snid,

So far I am leaning towards keeping the CMH and adding a 70W HPS bulb.
The CMH has a lot of blue as it is, and the HPS will give all the red she would need!
LEDs still come with inflated price tag while I can easily buy an osram 70W HPS with e-ballast for $35 and then a fixture for $10.
We'll see, I've got time but I want to have everything ready for the next epic phase :bongrip:

V

Okay I've almost got it... the answer to my question above that is.

Keep the CMH, Add 80W of 630nm red spectrum LED, DIY of course. How does that sound?

I might have to add another fan too.

1 gram per watt = Vlad's late christmas present from his plants.

Nevermind Comrades,
No need to add more lamps, I think she is fine as is. My goal of 5 ounces from this plant will be challenging enough as it is without more heat involved. I have a 70W white led in there and it will be shut off at the end of the stretch, leaving us with pure CMH to see how it will measure up to other tech.

IMG_034137.JPG

You seemed to have answered your self due to yes heat can be an issue.
But I always seem to read the more spectrum the better. Thats why in flower everyone I have read runs both switches on for LED's.. but you know me well bro.. Following the herd to where ever the leader is taking us....

FE

Well I've been all over the internet reading about this...
LEDs come in 650nm red which is great for buds,
but many sneaky dealers actually give the buyer 620nm which is more common and cheaper.
HPS graphs show that the 2100K bulbs don't have very much light above 600nm,
in other words standard HPS is more like a deep orange light than a red one.

So that, plus the heat, better to stay put and ride this one out the way it is. Do you think hitting 150 grams is possible if she carries on so well like she's been doing?

She is drinking more and more each day, I have to hook up the top feed this week to keep up.
Trying to limit PPM to 1000 and avoid burning her during the stretch.

Thank you Comrade!
Tomorrow is 2 week anniversary since the flip.
I plan on running her 8 more weeks to get the most out of her.
I can't stop looking at her at least 40 times a day to make sure she's alright :lot-o-toke:
So far she shows no deficiency.
Day 13 and already got the first frost showing up, and some skunky diesel stink ;)
Not much else to say, this has been pretty easy so far. Nothing like DWC was.
Watering every hour during peak sun hours.
I have 6 clones of this plant that all rooted.
Should make a fun next journal
I think I am sticking to Coco for now on, even if it is the go-to substrate for hydro noobs, I like it!
:bongrip: Vlad

Thank You mr. Wrecked.
If it seems I have not been writing much, it's been a busy week for the Vlad and I know that more important than the details are the results right?
So keeping in tradition of giving you something to enjoy watching...
On to the pics.
DAY 15

IMG_037341.JPG
IMG_036931.JPG
IMG_035944.JPG
IMG_036431.JPG
IMG_036728.JPG
IMG_036051.JPG
IMG_036242.JPG

Vlad :bongrip:

Got my :popcorn: and vodka. May I come in Mr President and take a corner seat outta the way. 15 days in flower if I am not mistaken puts our very different grows right at harvest together. Should be fun to watch.

That girl is masterful.
Bob ;)

Hi Doc Bob

I've been admiring your journal work and buds, thanks for stopping in and hanging out with us
:passitleft:
See you all tomorrow same place same time.

Vlad

EDIT

Recent Vital signs of the plant.
PPM 1000, PH 6.2, Air Temp 31C, Humidity 39

Today is bitter sweet symphony for Vlad.

My Colombian sun has been burning hot in clear blue skies for weeks lately, helping Explodey accumulate the leafy mass she needs to build her silos of mass intoxification.

The mountain forests surrounding where I live have been burning and the capital city has been filling with smoke as a result of the drought and blistering sun, but I hadn't paid much attention as long as Explodey was thriving. The fire has been burning for 2 weeks, government hasn't bothered putting it out. Smelled it in my apartment last night for the first time.

Well it all came to a head today when heavy clouds and cool air breezed in this morning, now I will have to rely on the CMH to propel her to the limit!

Sunny Tropical days are over for now :phew:

Visual Updates coming Comrades. I've re-decided to pull the CMH and pop in the 150W HPS at around day 30 from 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom