Thanks Lexort. Things were trying to fall apart here after a couple weeks of neglect- but I'm glad I'm here to patch it up. Got the Mama Thai harvested now and stripped down the screwed up PC. On to the Panama- then it's all the aftermath and dealing with the bud and trimmings, the weekly feeding, rearranging the hex plants- dealing with veg and putting more into flowering- getting some more clone cuttings started... and then I'm out of here. Might be a long night.

~PANAMA~

85 days, aka 12+ weeks. I might have left this one for another week but not after I saw mould on one of the buds last night. Thankfully it was just the tip of the one bud, which is kind of unusual because usually by the time I see mould it's got in to other spots too, hiding.
I vaped some quick dried bud from this a couple weeks ago and wasn't too happy - because it felt a bit indica to me and I got that twinge of confusion like very minor paranoia where I'm second-guessing myself too much. But hopefully it will be different now that it's a bit riper.
I'm still not sure if it's just pure sativa. Most stuff I read said that it's pure sativa from a blend of three different sativa strains but I seem to think I read something from Ace mentioning a little indica in the mix. It felt like it when I vaped that bit anyway. Will have to go google around a bit.
Hopefully not because I want the effect of this plant to be as nice as everything else about it. It's a nice big healthy plant with an interesting pointy structure. Everything on it points outward, from the leaves down to the buds.
Smells riveting with pine and lemon. Aside from me trying to starve it to death for a while, it seems like a really easy plant to grow. Buds got quite huge. Very sticky and everything on it seems healthy and strong. It's a very different strain from that silly Pineapple Chunk, which is somehow always sickly and crappy looking in flower.
Also it was easy to trim. Only took two hours and could actually have been done in a half hour if I wanted to leave it a little rough. The small fans, of which there weren't many, were crisp and easily plucked off by hand with a satisfying snap.
Which is why it's only 2:20 am right now instead of 4:20.
I'll update the Mama Thai and the PC and whatnot tomorrow. Have to get up early tomorrow and keep slaving. ;)

I got a couple dozen nice fat seeds out of it. Not sure what they're from but my best guess is that they're from the Critical Cheese hermie pollen - from the one I sprayed with CS. The Mama Thai had a bunch too. Big healthy looking things.

IMG_91562.JPG

IMG_91604.JPG

IMG_91572.JPG

IMG_91583.JPG

IMG_91593.JPG

IMG_91614.JPG

This was after pulling off the fans but before I did any scissoring. I probably should/could have just left it like this.

IMG_91633.JPG

IMG_91643.JPG

~PANAMA~

85 days, aka 12+ weeks. I might have left this one for another week but not after I saw mould on one of the buds last night. Thankfully it was just the tip of the one bud, which is kind of unusual because usually by the time I see mould it's got in to other spots too, hiding.
I vaped some quick dried bud from this a couple weeks ago and wasn't too happy - because it felt a bit indica to me and I got that twinge of confusion like very minor paranoia where I'm second-guessing myself too much. But hopefully it will be different now that it's a bit riper.
I'm still not sure if it's just pure sativa. Most stuff I read said that it's pure sativa from a blend of three different sativa strains but I seem to think I read something from Ace mentioning a little indica in the mix. It felt like it when I vaped that bit anyway. Will have to go google around a bit.
Hopefully not because I want the effect of this plant to be as nice as everything else about it. It's a nice big healthy plant with an interesting pointy structure. Everything on it points outward, from the leaves down to the buds.
Smells riveting with pine and lemon. Aside from me trying to starve it to death for a while, it seems like a really easy plant to grow. Buds got quite huge. Very sticky and everything on it seems healthy and strong. It's a very different strain from that silly Pineapple Chunk, which is somehow always sickly and crappy looking in flower.
Also it was easy to trim. Only took two hours and could actually have been done in a half hour if I wanted to leave it a little rough. The small fans, of which there weren't many, were crisp and easily plucked off by hand with a satisfying snap.
Which is why it's only 2:20 am right now instead of 4:20.
I'll update the Mama Thai and the PC and whatnot tomorrow. Have to get up early tomorrow and keep slaving. ;)

I got a couple dozen nice fat seeds out of it. Not sure what they're from but my best guess is that they're from the Critical Cheese hermie pollen - from the one I sprayed with CS. The Mama Thai had a bunch too. Big healthy looking things.

IMG_91633.JPG

IMG_91643.JPG

Awesome buds man, they are so big they almost fell off the page...ooops, one did. Smoked it. Hope you don't mind. Owe ya one.
\:goodjob:

Sneaky there's sure been a lot for you to be jealous about around here for the last four months. Maybe we should work out some sort of trade...
I'm out of time so will update more maybe later tonight.
This is one of the hex plants- a Jack Herrer x Cheese freebie seed. Interesting structure to it.
IMG_91652.JPG

I'm not sure if it's natural or some twisting caused by nutrient issues.

The ol' roof rat is back and pushing the limits of my hospitality again. Spends half his time fighting off the other rats who also want to move in, so I guess that's a good thing but I wish they didn't have to start so early in the morning.
Starting to wonder if he might be getting into my stash.
Hard to tell for sure.
IMG_91883.JPG

Don't u like indicas weasel I was going to ask if u could recommend a high yielding indica from ace seeds the site is all in Spanish lol White gold from sensi is on top of my list so far altought I order from Oaseed almost half the price of sensi

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't smoke indicas callum- sort of allergic to the high. Others can make better recommendations than me. At the top right corner of the Ace site click on 'Español' and you'll get the English version option. I am growing Critical Cheese and Pineapple Chunk. They're both kick-ass Indica/sativa crosses. I don't smoke them- trade them for favours with weirdos (patients). Those two are from other breeders. Their Peyote purple is a beautiful plant. I haven't tried smoking that either though.

Look at the red eyes on the prick.. those are gt eyes, I'm sure of it.. :rofl::passitleft:

It's always a blast when weirdos are indebted to you! You get even and amused at the same time.

The ol' roof rat is back and pushing the limits of my hospitality again. Spends half his time fighting off the other rats who also want to move in, so I guess that's a good thing but I wish they didn't have to start so early in the morning.
Starting to wonder if he might be getting into my stash.
Hard to tell for sure.
IMG_91883.JPG

His cousin lives at my place :theband:
He holds parties.

It's always a blast when weirdos are indebted to you! You get even and amused at the same time.

how have you been around this long and i have never seen this name??

hey weas. had to make an emergency/impromptu trip w/no internet for a few days.... got back middle of the night/a.m. and SO glad to see you are...OK...and your plants too, of course.

that 2nd graft is blowing me away. like you said somewhere below (don't have time to go back and track it down) the stem(s) clearly worked out that distribution of resources issue, no problem. or at least it sure looks that way. that's awesome, dude.

~Pineapple Chunk~

Pretty trashed. In theory I could finish this one and get a fair amount of bud still. The parts that didn't die after it mysteriously dried out were still growing fine. But in reality, PC being the way it is, I expect that mould would quickly get a foothold in all this dead stuff and finish off what's left of it.
It occurs to me that about half the PC - or at a minimum- 1/3 of it has become hash in the time since I first started growing the stuff. If any plant is going to go sideways- it's almost always the PC. I've scrapped so many of them. Luckily it makes good hash though and gives a relatively good return for the amount of bud I have to run through the bubble bags.
I originally grew three seeds of the PC and all three were totally identical. It would be nice to have a better phenotype or maybe a cross of it that had some of its good qualities but reduced the ungainliness and awkwardness of this weirdass plant.

IMG_91752.JPG

IMG_91833.JPG

IMG_91843.JPG

IMG_91852.JPG

Not sure if these dried out bleached out buds will still make hash but I have a feeling they will. At first I thought it was mould setting in but it doesn't seem to be. It's just dead

Looks like the kind of stuff I toss into my leaf and trim bin for cooking herbs. Just about all the plant has SOME trics, even dried on the vine leaves and buds. I've gotten pretty stoned by putting an eighth of a cup of dried MJ into my chili!

Some of my leaves are many months old, that is, well cured. And you dont taste the MJ when you put it in tomato-paste and ground meat based cooking.

Pleasant way to ingest those healing herbs!

~MAMA THAI~

This one turned out pretty scruffy. Not the prettiest MT I've grown, by a long shot, but the salvageable bud was nice and sticky and ripe. I lost about 15% of it to mould.
The MT is the only sativa I've grown that seems prone to it. It's not so bad that I'd consider dropping the strain- not nearly as bad as the Pineapple Chunk- but it's always a concern. The biggest buds are at high risk, especially if I leave them to flower long. It's sort of weird. The MT buds can get large and fluffy and when dried they look impressive but don't weigh much. They're fluffy, but in late flowering they get very wet inside- very damp and juicy, feels like if you squeezed one you might get a couple drops out- and so they tend to rot from the inside out.
The other sativa strains I've grown don't have this problem. The Golden Tiger in particular was a very dense large bud and went through hell and still had no issues with mould at all.
The Malawi has small to medium size buds. Very crystalline but very dry feeling and never any mould issues.

IMG_91793.JPG

IMG_91802.JPG

IMG_91813.JPG

IMG_91824.JPG

Bud rot.

IMG_91742.JPG

A typical MT bud. Though not as big or as nice as some.

How are your room conditions? Are you able to get it near ideal? Unstable rooms drive me nuts and it seems I keep making them all the time. That last picture, tho YUGE AF, looks like it has a few foxtails on it.

Back
Top Bottom