Tead's been playing with genetics recently and has crossed his long-in-the-tooth OG Kush with a big, purple Malawi. I'm shooting for an enormous OGK with lots of purple.... and a new fave as well.

Heya tead,, cheers to ya

The 'og x', as I call this cross of OG kush and mama thai/Thai Stick, is a fine plant,, and you mentioned purple, which I thot I might see lots of on this plant because the stalk has the deepest purple stripes all over it,, but, alas, not much purple on the buds or leaves

Another odd thing about this cross, and a bit of a shame too, but, all good,, this plant has very little smell or taste, near none at all while flowering and the tiniest hint of OG kush menthol in the vape.

Quite odd and considering smell and taste is way up there on my priority list, odd I like this plant,, but it sure do produce

I have the second of these plants, OG X, near ready to put to flower

Have a fine Sunday friends,, peace out

Oh, now that peyote purple,, well, I could have a bath in that stuff, so purpely perty indeed

That there contains two of my bucket list wishes,,

It has purple,, as yet unattained by moi

And it has peyote,, also as yet unattained by moi

I desire a vision quest,, anyone wanna go to San Miguel De Allende?

Heya tead,, cheers to ya

The 'og x', as I call this cross of OG kush and mama thai/Thai Stick, is a fine plant,, and you mentioned purple, which I thot I might see lots of on this plant because the stalk has the deepest purple stripes all over it,, but, alas, not much purple on the buds or leaves

Another odd thing about this cross, and a bit of a shame too, but, all good,, this plant has very little smell or taste, near none at all while flowering and the tiniest hint of OG kush menthol in the vape.

Quite odd and considering smell and taste is way up there on my priority list, odd I like this plant,, but it sure do produce

I have the second of these plants, OG X, near ready to put to flower

Have a fine Sunday friends,, peace out

Oh, now that peyote purple,, well, I could have a bath in that stuff, so purpely perty indeed

That there contains two of my bucket list wishes,,

It has purple,, as yet unattained by moi

And it has peyote,, also as yet unattained by moi

I desire a vision quest,, anyone wanna go to San Miguel De Allende?

My OGKs came from Dinafem over 10 years ago and I've been cloning it ever since. As you can imagine, this affords a very nice level of familiarity.
She a very even bushy girls. She likes a heavy touch of nutes and CalMag. When her leaves look rubbery, she's overfed. When she's underfed, her leaf stems turn red. I get no other red from her really.
I crossed her with a UltraDog and ended up with a very red plant I call Ox.
I crossed UD with Critical+ 2.0 and got a very green plant with little to no red even tho she saw lots of cool weather.
The Malawi crosses I have going could be quite interesting. The have the potential to add plant size and redness to many of my running strains.

just to clarify,, for me especially,,

re,, this cross of mine

this is important stuff here,, pay attention pls..

this plant i am talking about,, is a double cross,, the darn double crosser,,

i had an og kush that crossed with a mama thai/thai stick (mack),, that plant i called a ,, og mack,,,there ya go

well,, that og mack plant, got crossed with a mama thai/thai stick again,, so is actually a

og mack/mack,, which i call og x

just to clarify

(og kush;mama thai/thai stick) x (mama thai/thai stick) = og x

there will be a test,, sooner, not later

~In the oddballs department.

A couple Chocolate Mint OG's. The first one is one of the very last clones I was able to successfully (????) root before my cloning troubles arrived. This is the only surviving remnant of the CMOG I was growing in this journal previously.
As I usually do, I took some cuttings of her a few weeks before I flipped the last CMOG into flower. They didn't take, and I kept taking cutting after cutting. Only one rooted. It was taken a few weeks into flowering. It took forever to root, like about five weeks, and then afterwards it did the funky reveg thing.
I flowered that Chocolate Mint for about 100 days.
The bud from that harvested plant was put in the curing jar in November 17- after 100 days flowering and about ten days drying.
I tried to reveg that plant but it died.

This photo is from four days ago!

IMG_595810.JPG

I put its mom into flowering in late July or early August. Conservatively, this plant is at least five months old, possibly in the running for an award for...something .... I don't know- wtf !

In the meantime- thinking that this Chocolate Mint stuff is worth having, I ordered some more seeds and planted two of them.

One of them appears to be variegated. The second photo is from last week and the first pic is a bit older.

IMG_595612.JPG

IMG_595711.JPG

If it persists, and it has so far since it showed its first leaves, it might be very interesting looking in flowering -with the blue/black colour this plant has.

What did you call that stuff and twisted growth? I had a runt like that. She's the frostiest by far, but not much for yield....

Mainly- appearance wise- its just that this clone is going through a revegging cycle- from flowering mode back into veg. That's because it was cut from a plant that had started to flower. Revegging produces a lot of crazy looking growth in the initial stages before it reverts to looking normal again. This clone is also really delayed and stunted. I'm not really sure why, but suspect some sort of pythium invasion. :). I'm not even sure that it will make it, but given that it's lasted for almost half a year I kind of think it will.
Off to bed. Goodnight friends- Zzzz...

Sorry I was referring to the second set of photos... the blotchy yellow spots. "variegated"

Mainly- appearance wise- its just that this clone is going through a revegging cycle- from flowering mode back into veg. That's because it was cut from a plant that had started to flower. Revegging produces a lot of crazy looking growth in the initial stages before it reverts to looking normal again. This clone is also really delayed and stunted. I'm not really sure why, but suspect some sort of pythium invasion. :). I'm not even sure that it will make it, but given that it's lasted for almost half a year I kind of think it will.
Off to bed. Goodnight friends- Zzzz...

Me too. Goodnight. :hug:

Oh I see. Variegation can appear in all sorts of plants and just refers to that multi-coloured- or half coloured/half bleached appearance. I don't know that much about it except my brother is a gardener and collects rare plants and sometimes goes on about his 'variegated this and that'. But I'll do some more googling on it when I'm less glassy eyed (when will that be..) I mean at least when I've had some sleep. To be honest I'm not 100% sure that this is variegation. But I'm fairly sure it is. It doesn't seem to be a disease like tobacco mosaic virus or any of the other suspect things I looked up. And the leaves seem healthy enough. Well maybe there's some twisting going on there but I'm keeping an eye on it and it doesn't seem to be much. Any ideas about this? -feel free to hit me
Goodnight friends

I went through a full range emotions when I thought it could be TMV, but I don't think it is. It never spread. And TMV is "highly contagious", so I'm not sure that's what it is. That's why I chimed in when I did. Pardon the intrusion, and I know your headed to sleep so thank you for taking the time to answer that question. :Namaste: :ganjamon:

Re the variegation, I did look around a bit and everything seems to point to this being what I have. TMV looks quite different in all the pics I found. Variegation is not really a positive thing since those leaves don't have chlorophyll and are just dead weight along for the ride- so the plant will go slower. Which is exactly what I'm seeing since it's 2/3 or less the size of the other CMOG.

Tead- I do have some sort of thermometer sitting on top of the perlite tray and it claims that temps are currently between the high 60s and mid 70s. I would like a better waterproof min/max thermometer that I can stick right in the tray to tell the real story.
Three weeks ago I found the heat mat was somehow turned up to high and the temps were in the 80s. I don't know how long it was like that but I don't think it's the main cause of all the troubles.
The cloning blues do seem to suspiciously correlate with it being winter. Temps outdoors these days hover a few degrees above freezing most of the time. Indoors I like to think they stay around room temp.
I'll order a better thermometer.

Back
Top Bottom