I see ya, just opened my contacts pop up.. you actually had me worried as all shit, you bastard.. good to know your alive..

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

We look forward to your next adventure. :high-five:

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey friends. Just popping in to wish everyone a happy new year :party: Humble apologies for not showing my virtual self around here at all lately. ;)

Excuses for this include -

- Prolonged internet issues which have plagued me for the last six months at least, involving lots of trips up and down 'the tall tree' to piss around with my antenna contraption, and plenty of headache inducing wrangling with the much hated local 'service provider' which dragged me into levels of bureaucratic bullshit I never knew existed- and wish I didn't. Solved that as best as I can for now.

- A series of natural disasters at my cabin, of near biblical proportions, mostly involving animal life ranging in size from small to very large, which has been extremely 'distracting'. Survived it all ok and there seems to be a lull in that action now thankfully! Some pretty amazing shit went down last summer and there could be some entertaining stories in it- if I think I can get away with telling them here.

- Life, and generally being busy as hell.

- The fact that I have so much catching up to do !!!! Shit- I'm still aiming to reply to some of the comments about the halibut episode. And Nivek asked me a question right before my internet blinked out. ( I don't have any answer worth a damn Nivek, sorry. But I think Gauge Steel caught it. Thanks GS).
And look at all these pm's... damn.

- Last and importantly,
the fact that nothing too jaw dropping has been happening in the plant department. This mainly relates back to the 'natural disasters' and 'busy as hell' points.

Miss you guys. I hope everyone is well and your plants are thriving too.

Happy New Year!

I'll try to drag my ass back here soon.
All is well enough here. I'm not sorry to see the end of this challenging year. Not the worst - but not the best either and I'm looking forward to a new one.

As for this journal being 'complete' - perhaps it is. Though my sense of perfectionism doesn't much like the way it fizzled out. I'll think on that. I do have maybe a few interesting stories to sprinkle in here for decoration, but alas not a heck of a lot of greenery. So maybe it's best to let sleeping journals lie. Hmmmm. :hmmmm:

Catch up you folks soonish I hope.

Now if only I had something interesting growing to show off....

Good to hear your still breathing Weasel! We all missed you a bunch brother! Take it easy and we will all be here when you have the time!

Good to know you're still breathing. :hug::hug::hug:

Happy New Year Weaselcracker. :party:

It gets better. :kisstwo:

WC!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO happy to see you back! I have learned so much from you before you went off the grid.

2017 was a pretty crappy year all around, mostly worldwide, not so bad here at 420. 2018 HAS to be better!

Heya friend,, welcome to 2018,

Oh, a side note as I think it,, guess where the first place I wrote 2018 was? Give up??

Jan 01 2018, on a plant pot just transplanted, ha, chronic indeed

Nice to see you oot and aboot weaseley,, cheers to ya

Still improving my growing, every day, and enjoying the mama thai/Thai Stick especially

Tried two of the girl scouts but was two fer two in the male department,, first time that happened to me, boo, so, I am trying the last two girl scouts, better karma this time perhaps

Cheers agin, chat agin

Good to hear your still breathing Weasel! We all missed you a bunch brother! Take it easy and we will all be here when you have the time!

Thanks mate. Definitely still breathing and kicking. It's hard to make the time to be on 420 once I've gotten out of the habit. And in some ways I feel good about not staring at the screen so much these days. Got lots of things going on that keep me busy.
But having said that- it's mainly the lack of exciting plant life growing at my place that keeps me away :( That will change sometime though for sure.

Good to know you're still breathing. :hug::hug::hug:

Happy New Year Weaselcracker. :party:

It gets better. :kisstwo:
. Thanks Sue! I feel better already.

WC!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO happy to see you back! I have learned so much from you before you went off the grid.

2017 was a pretty crappy year all around, mostly worldwide, not so bad here at 420. 2018 HAS to be better!

Aww thanks AK. Yeah I think a lot of people are happy to see the end of that year. Here's to a better one this time around. (I have a feeling we will have to work at it a bit.... :))

Oh look... all the gang's still here. Fine way to start a new year!

Do me a favor and share the story of the IT bureaucratic dance. I'm a nerd and find myself intrigued.

Damn... no halibut photos.... no plant photos... we'll be expecting some spectacular photographic entertainment soon.

Well Tead I somehow doubt you're actually nerd that it's worth going to the work of reciting that so called story just for the pleasure of imagining your eyes glazing over (more than I imagine them to already be glazed over, ha ha just kidding :) ) in utter boredom.

Basically I live out of the way, by not so out of the way that I don't 'belong', apparently, to some sort of political/geographical sub-area, with a number and a political representative. Zzzz... yawn. But the population of that area is so small that nobody wants to go to the expense of providing wifi or cell service. I manage with a trickle I get from the aforementioned antenna in tall tree routine- feeding from a distant tower when the weather isn't wrong and the stars align. Had tons of trouble with it last summer.
Lots of talk of improvements in the area and funding comes in that's meant to be for us as well- but ends up in the actual towns while we fall through the cracks. Which actually in a lot of ways is sort of where I want to be anyway -fallen through the cracks. So that's ok.
But somehow out of curiosity I did end up on some sort of quest to find out 'when will things change'. And like I said found a whole beaurocracy I don't know existed - of organizations and paper pushers that kept shunting me back and forth while passing the buck and spouting lots of confusing gibberish. Yawn. Zzzzzz. Never did find anything much out. Looks like 'things won't change'- at least not anytime soon.

Oh yeah and as for the pictures. I can't post the ones of my entertaining disasters cause of liability issues but I'll try to explain sometime. If I can do so without writing a book.
And first sign of a decent looking plant or two I'll take some pics.

Happy New Year WC!,,,and welcome back...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Thank you Dr Hook. :thumb: glad you didn't have to do a post mortem.

Heya friend,, welcome to 2018,

Oh, a side note as I think it,, guess where the first place I wrote 2018 was? Give up??

Jan 01 2018, on a plant pot just transplanted, ha, chronic indeed

Nice to see you oot and aboot weaseley,, cheers to ya

Still improving my growing, every day, and enjoying the mama thai/Thai Stick especially

Tried two of the girl scouts but was two fer two in the male department,, first time that happened to me, boo, so, I am trying the last two girl scouts, better karma this time perhaps

Cheers agin, chat agin

Thanks Nivek.
I let my last Mama Thai clone - which was attached to that multi-sativa graft plant which you may recall, die off. (The multi-sativa and the four Aces plant didn't do well - but that's another story).
My last few Mama Thais weren't very healthy or happy. And so I decided to just let it go and in future I will explore some of the many Mama Thai/cross seeds I have laying around. I also have one of the original MT seeds left in the pack that's been frozen a couple years.
Been smoking a lot of Mama Thai lately. ;) My old favourite.
I did grow a bunch more Golden Tiger but it was a different pheno for the one I liked so much before, and much more Malawi-like and speedy. So Mama Thai is back to being #1. :thumb: Now I know better to blather about a strain too much without keeping in mind that one seed of a strain might grow a tomato for me, but another seed of the same strain might grow tomotos for someone else. Though I did read something about Ace reworking the GT mix so maybe it's more than just a pheno change.

I'll try to write up some account of the goings on around here sometime, for the entertainment of you guys especially the city folk who I imagine would get a chuckle reading of my sufferings with mice, squirrels, bats, birds, rats, coons, trees, and mainly -bear.
Lol
(sort of)

Hmm where did the 'user cp' button go...
Sorry if I don't get to some PMs this time around- it's getting early here.
Peace.
:passitleft:

Hmm where did the 'user cp' button go...
Sorry if I don't get to some PMs this time around- it's getting early here.
Peace.
:passitleft:

not sure where everything went, I am still trying to put it all together. But, I have to scroll a bit to get the top of the page to show so I can click on my name, settings, notifications and other crap. Dunno if that helps?

Cheers WC.....:smokin:

The menu at the very top of the page is what you seek. :battingeyelashes:

Sunday morning hugs!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hey Weasel... I don't mean to hijack this thread but I read an old posting of yours from 3 years ago. You mentioned having pythium and you lost the ability to clone because of it. Then you stated that you fixed it by using bacteria. Would you mind telling me what type of bacteria and how you applied it? I would be indebted to you. any info would be great.. Thank you. Sorry for interupting an amazing journall :)

No worries. You're not interrupting this amazing journal at all.
Damn! Why did you have to go and ask this now, of all times???
I may well have been talking shit. I'm not sure if I did solve the problem with bacteria- or if I solved it some other way.

At the moment I'm having a lot of cloning problems. I haven't got a single clone to root in nearly two months. I actually just two days ago gritted my teeth and ordered a commercial aeroponic cloner. I don't see why it would work better than the aeroponic cloner I once made, which didn't work for me at all. But maybe I can set it up in a different room which might potentially be free of whatever mysterious problem is plaguing me...(?)
I've been monitoring my temps closely the last week- they may have been too high. Barring that- I'm wondering if maybe the rainwater I'm using isn't sterile enough.
But I've been through many periods where I had perfect success with my clones. And this time of year rain is extremely plentiful and constantly fresh. Besides possible temperature fluctuations- my best guess currently is some sort of invisible root rot type outbreak - highly possible since my grow is hardly laboratory-clean.
Can you send me a link to that thread- in case I've unsubscribed from it or something. I've certainly done a ton of running around this issue and I did use various types of beneficial bacteria and fungi at times . Maybe we can figure something out.

:rofl::rofl:
And I've seen it before
And I'll see it again
Yes I've seen it before
Just little bits of history repeating

Back
Top Bottom