Great looking plant there Weasel, a nice ending in my eyes.

As for the copper trick good to know it's a myth, unless you find a load of dead slugs in the garden tomorrow lol, although I doubt it. Thanks for taking the time to test the theory and I hope you enjoy your hiatus from :420: and come back feeling refreshed and ready for the next adventure. I've been making a lot of oil here recently and not been able to get on much myself, or do anything much for that matter :rofl:

Thanks Kriaze. I'll swing by sometime and see if you have any oil making tips. I just fumbled my way through it enough to make some skin cream. Which I am quite happy with by the way- but have a lot to learn in that dept.
A lot of people use copper here, including myself. I've never heard anyone say that it doesn't work. I just read on the internet that it's a myth- and thought I would test it out. It looks like I'll have to start spreading the word.
I also have some copper netting sold as a slug barrier. Possibly that works better, but I have my doubts after seeing their reaction to the copper sheeting - I'll test it out when I get time.

So- I live in a sort of rainforest climate. Plants grow like crazy and everything turns to a tangled wet salad of weeds and foliage every time I turn my back. Salt would wash into the soil right away and probably wouldn't do much good for the plants. The best solution I've found is those iron phosphate 'slug bait' pellets. Beer also works well if you have 'extra beer' and time to keep tending the traps.

I'm getting alot of mileage from the layer of perlite over my garden. It doesn't work quite as well when it's wet, but has been hugely effective all around. Of course, my garden looks like it's been snowed on at all times... but the plants in it live.

DSCN56872.JPG

Thanks Kriaze. I'll swing by sometime and see if you have any oil making tips. I just fumbled my way through it enough to make some skin cream. Which I am quite happy with by the way- but have a lot to learn in that dept.
A lot of people use copper here, including myself. I've never heard anyone say that it doesn't work. I just read on the internet that it's a myth- and thought I would test it out. It looks like I'll have to start spreading the word.
I also have some copper netting sold as a slug barrier. Possibly that works better, but I have my doubts after seeing their reaction to the copper sheeting - I'll test it out when I get time.

So- I live in a sort of rainforest climate. Plants grow like crazy and everything turns to a tangled wet salad of weeds and foliage every time I turn my back. Salt would wash into the soil right away and probably wouldn't do much good for the plants. The best solution I've found is those iron phosphate 'slug bait' pellets. Beer also works well if you have 'extra beer' and time to keep tending the traps.

I....
Extra beer????
:lot-o-toke:

Heya weaseley,, cheers friend, and cheers to all yer friends and followers too.

Wonder iffin I might ask y'all a guickie q??

I have been noticing over the last year or so, since I have been dialing in the nutes better during flowering, by that I mean I have been experimenting with nutrient ammounts and have increased the amount of ferts I have been feeding my flowering plants to the point where they seem to tolerate the nutes without ill affects. That is what I mean by 'dialing the nutes in'.

So,, iffin my nutrients given are closer to optimim than before,, does it seem logical that the plants would mature quicker? Seems odd logic to me but what do I know??

I would guess that I am now using thirty percent more nutes than before and I would also guess that my plants seem to be maturing about ten to fifteen percent sooner. Perty much a week to ten days sooner.

All the way across the board too,, all my plants

Any thots on other factors perhaps influencing this relatively pleasant response?

Karma sent friend,, what a busy summer here,, so smokey and hot,, perhaps some relief soon,,

I love the world of fantasy. You know, things like fairies, unicorns and extra beer.
Sorry, Scrog.. didn't see you down here..!

Heya weaseley,, cheers friend, and cheers to all yer friends and followers too.

Wonder iffin I might ask y'all a guickie q??

I have been noticing over the last year or so, since I have been dialing in the nutes better during flowering, by that I mean I have been experimenting with nutrient ammounts and have increased the amount of ferts I have been feeding my flowering plants to the point where they seem to tolerate the nutes without ill affects. That is what I mean by 'dialing the nutes in'.

So,, iffin my nutrients given are closer to optimim than before,, does it seem logical that the plants would mature quicker? Seems odd logic to me but what do I know??

I would guess that I am now using thirty percent more nutes than before and I would also guess that my plants seem to be maturing about ten to fifteen percent sooner. Perty much a week to ten days sooner.

All the way across the board too,, all my plants

Any thots on other factors perhaps influencing this relatively pleasant response?

Karma sent friend,, what a busy summer here,, so smokey and hot,, perhaps some relief soon,,

I haven't grown the same strain twice, however I am growing the same strain in two different mediums and i can absolutely tell you one medium is making the plant mature faster than the other and i am feeding it at a higher rate of nute concentrated solution. That plant is in
DWC the smaller is in Hempy. If bigger means more mature than you are on the money.

I haven't grown the same strain twice, however I am growing the same strain in two different mediums and i can absolutely tell you one medium is making the plant mature faster than the other and i am feeding it at a higher rate of nute concentrated solution. That plant is in
DWC the smaller is in Hempy. If bigger means more mature than you are on the money.

cheers steely,, most appreciate the information i do..

you mentioned about maturing faster, which is the part i was and am interested in,, not so much the bigger part, tho that is noticeable as well,

but the maturing faster section,, cheers for that bit,,

salude,,:thanks:

Hey Weasel
I've not been around on 420 for more than a few weeks (family dramas) so I just wanted to pop by and say, Hey!
I hope all's well with you and with your gardening. I'm about to start GrowNumber3 and will try to journal it - so I won't need to hit you and all the other lovely, helpful 420ites up with constant questions. Well...that's the plan.
Respect & Regards
Anna

Hey Weasel
Given you’ve not been on this journal for a minute - I’m assuming you’re either away or on a new journal. Either way, I hope all is good.
Respect & Regards
(I’ve started my 1st journal but haven’t been able to link it in my signature yet...and it’s only at germination stage anyway! Nothing exciting...yet)

Hey, Weas!!
Hope all is well, brother..

Back
Top Bottom