Weffalo's West Coast O.G. First Time Grow: Indoor, Soil, SIP, Auto

I find it's good to not rush them.
They each have their own schedule and sometimes you just have to wait. :thumb:
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎
Great advice Bill, I'm trying to adopt a more patient and zen mindset, I gotta say this hobby is helping with that as well :)

You take care as well mate thanks for popping in!

So I've had a reallllly busy week, not had much time to get online other than work. Loads to catch up with but just quickly posting as I think I might need to chop one of the plants early and wanted a second opinion please.

Two are doing fine and slowly trucking along but one of the plants is almost dead on her feet, like actually now, one of the stems I think might be dead as the bud at the top is super crispy and I can't see any leaves left on that stem.

So I'm thinking it's better to chop early and be able to cure/dry properly than let them sit in 23c/40% humidity where if the stems die the bud will dry way too quickly and be unsmokable.

Here are the pics, its the second plant that I'm gonna chop after work. Plant 1 is definitely a majority cloudy but still no trich, plant 2 is the same but no choice now really but to cut my losses, plant 3 seems to be slowly ripening at her own pace :)

Day 78:
Overview
wcog1.jpg

Plant 1
wcog2.jpg

Plant 2 (Urgent Chop)
wcog3.jpg

Plant 3
wcog4.jpg

Buds (3 buds from 1, 2 and 3 in order)
wcogbuds1.jpg
wcogbuds2.jpg
wcogbuds3.jpg

wcogbuds4.jpg
wcogbuds5.jpg
wcogbuds6.jpg

I have decided to hold tight lol, it's literally one bud that's crispy so I'm gonna wait and see how it goes.

I prepped the drying tent, humidifier, dehumidifier and air con all with controllers to achieve 60.4f/60%rH average... ready for chop day now.

My house has genuinely never been tidier :rofl:

Gonna check up on all the threads I'm behind on tomorrow !

I'm trying to adopt a more patient and zen mindset
:meditate:

Weff, I wonder whether it wouldn't be a good idea to snip off the crispy bud so that the last of the hormones can focus on finishing buds? I honestlyy don't know but others will :)

Hey Carmen :D

I think your probably right, that sounds like a smart plan.

I've got a wood moisture meter that needs a battery but I'm gonna test the bud today with it, shows the moisture % of the bud so I can at least compare it with the other buds and decide if this one needs to be cut off.

It's really weird because down the same stem there is green buds near the bottom, it's basically the top of one stem that seems to have browned/dried out. I would assume the stem dies from the bottom and not the top but that's just a random guess lol.

I ended up harvesting the dying plant :rofl:

4 or 5 top buds way too dry when moisture checked, below 10% already... I smoked them and I'm gobsmacked because it burned completely white, tasted of nothing (terps evaporated I assume) but I'm pretty blazed from it... jackpot really and a good sign for the healthier plants and for the buds that are now in the dry tent.

I've got the plant hung up as a whole (minus the crispy buds I cut off) - It's 60f and 60% rH, gonna let them hang for hopefully 14 days but I'll be checking the stems. Once it's done drying it's into Grove bags and put into a wine cooler to cure, probably gonna do 7 days 14 max as I'm desperate to try the end product lol.

I'm hoping the terps are intact and it is gonna be some super great smoke considering the health of the plant.

On the other plants, the 3rd plant is now ripening at a good rate and I'm hopeful she will finish slightly later, plant 1 is now showing maybe 5% amber so harvest for that one is getting super near but not yet :D

:cheer::yummy:

I left one cola that died thinking it was light burn. It had died. Messed with a load of the other bits of the two plants. I think you made 100% the right call.

Enjoy!
Cheers mate, happy days. :slide:

Happy trimming Weff! Congratulations!

Thanks Stone, finally I get to visit this "Trim jail" destination everyone is raving about? :rofl:

Think I maybe got a few days left on the one plant, other is gonna finish on it's own time but it's gonna have to do it in 12/12 down from 20/4, need to move the new girl into the flower tent so the last OG might not finish too well but we'll see.

The trich are 10% ish amber on plant 1, it's definitely close now just gonna check daily, this plant seems to be in way better health than plant 2 was and hopefully will produce some decent smoke.

I'm so stretched for time currently so not had chance to really catch up with how everyone's journals are coming along but this weekend I think I might get some time to relax finally :D

Day 80
wcog_27_01_1.jpg
wcog_27_01_2.jpg
wcog_27_01_3.jpg
wcog_27_01_4.jpg
wcog_27_01_5.jpg
wcog_27_01_6.jpg
wcog_27_01_7.jpg
wcog_27_01_8.jpg
wcog_27_01_9.jpg
wcog_27_01_10.jpg

Think I maybe got a few days left on the one plant, other is gonna finish on it's own time but it's gonna have to do it in 12/12 down from 20/4, need to move the new girl into the flower tent so the last OG might not finish too well but we'll see.

The trich are 10% ish amber on plant 1, it's definitely close now just gonna check daily, this plant seems to be in way better health than plant 2 was and hopefully will produce some decent smoke.

I'm so stretched for time currently so not had chance to really catch up with how everyone's journals are coming along but this weekend I think I might get some time to relax finally :D

Day 80
wcog_27_01_1.jpg
wcog_27_01_2.jpg
wcog_27_01_3.jpg
wcog_27_01_4.jpg
wcog_27_01_5.jpg
wcog_27_01_6.jpg
wcog_27_01_7.jpg
wcog_27_01_8.jpg
wcog_27_01_9.jpg
wcog_27_01_10.jpg
Wow they sure have come a long way. Beautiful glitter!

Wow they sure have come a long way. Beautiful glitter!
Thanks Carmen, it's great to be nearly crossing the finish line on my first attempt - Very keen to improve on each one now and try to get that quality I'm used to wasting all my money on :D

Close to wrapping this one up now, one plant out of three had the right kinda quality I was hoping for but all in all I'd say a very successful first attempt. Lots and lots learned and feeling way more confident for my next harvest.

2 plants are drying at 60f/60rH right now, one is yet to finish... I'm unsure if it will, it's still not ripened out much but the pistils have almost all turned orange now, gonna give her one more week and if no joy I'll just freeze her and turn her into bubble :D

Some pics of the one before chop, I'll update this journal with the final plant and also with a smoke report once I've finished drying and curing.

You can check out my latest grow here if your interested in following

I'll save the proper thank yous and rolling credits until I've done the smoke report but a quick massive thank you to everyone who has helped me on this journey and gave support and guidance, you've really helped me see this through succesfully and I'm extremely grateful <3

Pics of Plant 1 before chop (Day 84):
wcog_chop7.jpg

wcog_chop1.jpg

wcog_chop2.jpg

wcog_chop3.jpg

wcog_chop4.jpg

wcog_chop5.jpg

wcog_chop6.jpg

Thanks Carmen :D She definitely is looking frosty, very happy with her she's a beauty!

Here's the 3rd plant which I don't think will finish, I can see leaves dying and the whole plant kinda dying, trich are basically stalks lol so I don't know if that's heads that have already degraded or heads that just won't form now 🤷‍♂️

sad3rdplant_1.jpg
sad3rdplant_2.jpg
sad3rdplant_3.jpg
sad3rdplant_4.jpg
sad3rdplant_5.jpg

Third plant chopped early, airy buds but loads of trich, they started to degrade on someof the drier budsites so I've chopped, bagged and it's in the freezer. It smelled great still but super airy buds I cba smoking :)

I'm curious if this plant hermied or these are normal traits for a female? Each budsite had two little balls at the bottom on the stem, completely covered in trich mostly. I've got a pic or two here it's probably normal but I'm just checking.

Stay tuned for smoke report & hash report, be a little while until it's all ready but very excited to taste.

218g wet so it's like an oz to 2 oz dry? Or in this case... about 10+ gram of nice bubble I hope :D Not the worst outcome considering!

Pics of little ball things:
plant3chop.jpg
plant3chop3.jpg

Thanks Carmen :D She definitely is looking frosty, very happy with her she's a beauty!

Here's the 3rd plant which I don't think will finish, I can see leaves dying and the whole plant kinda dying, trich are basically stalks lol so I don't know if that's heads that have already degraded or heads that just won't form now 🤷‍♂️

sad3rdplant_1.jpg
sad3rdplant_2.jpg
sad3rdplant_3.jpg
sad3rdplant_4.jpg
sad3rdplant_5.jpg
Hi Weff, then suddenly it was Sunday. I hope you've had a good weekend. On some of the close ups I am seeing healthy new pistils aren't I? Not white, more like a like a pinky brown. And the underneath shots show frost. I think they have a some life in them? I'd hope for some more. I've kind of lost track I'm sorry. How old is the now? She's an auto right. There are still some fan leaves with a decent moisture gradient. I wonder if you shouldn't trim off some of the dead stuff so the buds can breathe? That's just what I'd probably try, but I might ask some of the defoliating people first. Bill would know and he has been following your grow. You're in soil aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom