Weffalo's West Coast O.G. First Time Grow: Indoor, Soil, SIP, Auto

Hi Weff, then suddenly it was Sunday. I hope you've had a good weekend. On some of the close ups I am seeing healthy new pistils aren't I? Not white, more like a like a pinky brown. And the underneath shots show frost. I think they have a some life in them? I'd hope for some more. I've kind of lost track I'm sorry. How old is the now? She's an auto right. There are still some fan leaves with a decent moisture gradient. I wonder if you shouldn't trim off some of the dead stuff so the buds can breathe? That's just what I'd probably try, but I might ask some of the defoliating people first. Bill would know and he has been following your grow. You're in soil aren't you?
Hey Carmen! I hope all is well in your world? I'll check in on your thread shortly :D

I've been super busy for the last few days so only just getting chance to check in. This plant has actually already been chopped, there was a few drying buds and I didn't want to lose any of the harvest, very early but she wasn't ripening more and probably wasn't worth the cost in electric lol.

I froze the buds and I made some bubble hash with them, it's in the freezer currently but later today I'll microplane it into a pizza box and put it into a wine cooler to slow dry. From 218 grams wet I'll probably get 5 or 6gram bubble but from the smell I'm hoping it will taste amazing :D
I finally got my new phone too so hopefully my picture quality should have gone up :cheer:

Here's some pics:
In progress:
bubble_progress.jpg

45 - 119u bubble prior to freezing:
bubble1.jpg
bubble2.jpg
bubble3.jpg

Those fat calyx at the bottom of the bud, poking out of the stem, are totally normal for a female. Not herm-sign at all.
Ahh that's good to know thanks mate. I left some on the stalks next time i'll have to harvest them lol. :thanks:

Here's some photos of plant 2 and plant 1 drying, plant 3 is the one that went into the bubble. Drying environment is 60f/60% rH:
drying_tent.jpg

Plant 2 (13 days drying so far):
plant2_drying.jpg

Plant 1 (8 days drying approx):
plant1_drying.jpg

Plant 1 looked the healthiest and the buds are reallll shiney :D We'll see what plant 2 ends up like lol not hoping for miracles but it's definitely gonna be smokeable!

Spent some time reading thru all 25 pages of this grow. Congrats on the harvest! Looking forward to seeing you final weight :)
Hey @supraboosta - Cheers for checking out my journal mate... full thing is no small feat :D

Should have plant 2 trimmed and weighed tomorrow, plant 1 got 5 days left or so drying but I'll definitely update the thread with final weight & smoke report (and a final picture of the bubble!) before closing the journal :green_heart:

Nice harvest big dog, that bubble hash looks superb! What are you gonna do with it after you plane it? Temple Ball? hash-rosin? Bowl topper?
I haven't had the pleasure of playing with any bubble yet, but it looks more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Nice harvest big dog, that bubble hash looks superb! What are you gonna do with it after you plane it? Temple Ball? hash-rosin? Bowl topper?
I haven't had the pleasure of playing with any bubble yet, but it looks more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Cheers mate :D

I'll probably just smoke it as is because of the low amount, I have done the temple ball roll before with low quality material to practice so as soon as I do a bigger run I'll make making one and curing it. For now though just sprinkled on top of joints lol, nice and easy.

It's super easy and not super labour intensive but I'd say maybe 3 hours total work doing 4 washes. Fresh frozen is like 5% returns though so definitely gonna do it with more when I can.

I trimmed one plant up yesterday: 26g decent nugs, 8g really small buds & about 20g of trim. All gone into grove bags and into the wine cooler, rh is staying steady at 58% in the bags overnight. I'm hoping some more flavour comes out in the cure because the smell is 10/10 pungent but the taste is 2/10 when I smoked a test nug last night, slightly harsh/throaty but seemed super potent effect at least.

I wouldn't expect a true to strain terp profile with how dead that plant was but hoping for better taste on the other plant when that finishes drying, it looked semi-healthy in comparison lol 🤞either way no big deal for my first run. I forgot to grab pics but I'll grab some in a few days when I trim the final plant.

Ok just finishing this one up, big thanks to everyone who has helped me get started on this journey. Do I message someone to officially "close" the journal or is it adequate just to change my sig?
This plant definitely wouldn't have finished without all your help so really thanks a lot :green_heart:

Smoke Report:
Super super piney fresh taste, not the most pleasant terp profile but I'm not convinced I did the strain justice. Very potent high with a more cerebral/heady high probably due to early harvest. Smoke is mostly smooth although a bit harsher than what I prefer.

Final journal notes:
Lots of mistakes in this one but happy to see it through to the end, total weight was 2.5oz buds, 1.5oz trim & 5g of bubble yet to be fully dried. Nutrition was done very badly on this run, environment was good but not perfect. Main takeaway is check plant closely daily and respond to problems as soon as they appear!

Trim got made into brownies which are absolutely deadly, I have an extra 500g of butter to last me until the next harvest too.

I won't be doing another autoflower run for at least a while now, they are definitely more finicky :D

BIG thanks again to everyone who has offered support or guidance on this grow, I'll take the main offenders here but genuinely massive thanks to everyone for your help! @Azimuth @StoneOtter @NickHardy @Carmen Ray @ReservoirDog @Bill284 @CaptainLucky @RedskinnedRhino @Emilya Green @Buds Buddy (Special mention for @InTheShed and @farside05 who have played a huge part in helping with my latest attempt which you can check out below)

Honestly, MASSIVELY appreciate the staff and members of this website who provide a place for support and a great place to learn about this magical plant, keep doing what you do :cheer: :420:

I've started another journal a few months ago now but if you want to stay tuned with my journey, check out my latest attempt here!

:green_heart: :passitleft:

Ok just finishing this one up, big thanks to everyone who has helped me get started on this journey. Do I message someone to officially "close" the journal or is it adequate just to change my sig?
Just hit the "Report" button lower left on any post and ask a mod to move it to "Completed Journals"

Congrats on bringing this grow home!

Awesome dude!

“Your first grow is the most important grow you’ll ever do” my 30 year commercial grower told me.

Its learning. And yeah stressful enough with ops sec here so respect. Stay safe.

Thanks for the shout out but I’m not sure I contributed much other than bants 🤣

Nick

That harshness and overly piney flavor will mellow out after around 45 days in a jar. (They say 30, but it's really around 45days, if your weed lasts that long - my first plant didn't)

Back
Top Bottom