Weffalo's West Coast O.G. First Time Grow: Indoor, Soil, SIP, Auto

Thank you Bill, and a wonderful festive season to you too :) That beach pic was super fun to take! Yes, I'd like to know about the calmag. How frustrating that your tablet died with a lot of info on it :(
Yea and 3000 pictures.
If I could find where I posted it would help.:rofl:
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

yea definitely looks like a cal/mag issue I'm dealing with one myself.
I hadn't been adding Cal/mag to my R/o water
now that I have been I think I may be out of range in my root zone for the plants to properly utilize what I've been adding in.
Just some food for thought

yea definitely looks like a cal/mag issue I'm dealing with one myself.
I hadn't been adding Cal/mag to my R/o water
now that I have been I think I may be out of range in my root zone for the plants to properly utilize what I've been adding in.
Just some food for thought
Did you try flushing the pots 3x plain water?

#VIVOSUN Love What You Grow

Did you try flushing the pots 3x plain water?

#VIVOSUN Love What You Grow
Not since the lightbulb came on and I realized what I was looking at and how I ended up there.
they will need water today should I flush them instead? and should that water be PH'd with Cal/mag?
I'm dealing with this in my Lootz Returns journal (don't mean to highjack OP post with my own issues)

Not since the lightbulb came on and I realized what I was looking at and how I ended up there.
they will need water today should I flush them instead? and should that water be PH'd with Cal/mag?
I'm dealing with this in my Lootz Returns journal (don't mean to highjack OP post with my own issues)
We can move over to purple pics if needed.
Just plain water out of the tap if fine.
Bathtub or laundry tub is ok.
Slowly 3x the size of the pot.
Then refeed full strength nutrients with calmag in the water first.

No probs mate :))

Ok I'll keep an eye on things, maybe I need to boost my calmag more. I am adding it at the start and waiting 10 minutes as Bill advises... whether that's needed or not it's being done lol. Should I maybe start paying attention to ph? I've been kinda ignoring it as my water is soft and I assumed it would be in the acceptable range but perhaps not.

It's hopefully just an isolated issue though I'll check again tomorrow and make sure it isn't getting worse.

Thanks to anyone who checked in or offered advice, hope everyone has a lovely holidays!

No probs mate :))

Ok I'll keep an eye on things, maybe I need to boost my calmag more. I am adding it at the start and waiting 10 minutes as Bill advises... whether that's needed or not it's being done lol. Should I maybe start paying attention to ph? I've been kinda ignoring it as my water is soft and I assumed it would be in the acceptable range but perhaps not.

It's hopefully just an isolated issue though I'll check again tomorrow and make sure it isn't getting worse.

Thanks to anyone who checked in or offered advice, hope everyone has a lovely holidays!
Only one change at a time or you will not know what's working or not. :Namaste:
I'm going to stick my neck out and say theoretically if your in soil ph will correct itself to what is needed.
Balancing on a fence.
Do you have life in your root zone.
That helps imo.
If people are having issues though I never see anything wrong with ph'ing your nutrients.
6.3 in soil, 5.8 in coco/ soiless pots.
It wouldn't hurt to know what it is though?

Then refeed full strength nutrients with calmag in the water first.
Do you mean at their next watering after flushing?
or immediately after flushing I should feed them?

This may be a silly question as I believe you mean feed at the subsequent watering after flushing the media.

Do you mean at their next watering after flushing?
or immediately after flushing I should feed them?

This may be a silly question as I believe you mean feed at the subsequent watering after flushing the media.
I'd feed immediately after flushing.
Give the roots lots of good stuff get her going in the right direction. :thumb:

Hey Carmen Merry Christmas , love your beach pic.:love:
Hope everything is going well my friend. :high-five:
It's all on my old tablet that died.
@Rexer :ciao:do you still have any of the info on calmag from that article I had?
I'll check while we wait for Rex.

Sorry Bill, but I don't

@Bill284 usually recommends adding it first to the water and waiting a bit before adding other stuff (I think). I'm not sure why the order matters but he seems pretty emphatic about it.
I've not only just read @Bill284 say that but the Nute I use DP and a local Thai one both say the same - CalMag first. Also at that stage (its coco not SIP) I was well into 2ml/L by that stage.

EDIT - Been away a few days and the thread has moved on since I posted that but @Weffalo you sure its still only 1ml/L now - you're sort of coco/SIP hybrid, right?

I've not only just read @Bill284 say that but the Nute I use DP and a local Thai one both say the same - CalMag first. Also at that stage (its coco not SIP) I was well into 2ml/L by that stage.

EDIT - Been away a few days and the thread has moved on since I posted that but @Weffalo you sure its still only 1ml/L now - you're sort of coco/SIP hybrid, right?
I'm in soil mate it's just the seedling that was in coco but don't think that's making any difference now. Could be that I'm still too low but I'm just following the instructions on the bottle, I'll check soon with some close ups and pics and make sure it's not spread/got worse.

Got some Jungle Boys packs to smoke over xmas so I'm enjoying the top shelf life right now, smoking on some Project 4516 which is 33.49% THC and tastes divine :D

All the best for the holidays @NickHardy and Merry Xmas to you & yours mate.

Only one change at a time or you will not know what's working or not. :Namaste:
I'm going to stick my neck out and say theoretically if your in soil ph will correct itself to what is needed.
Balancing on a fence.
Do you have life in your root zone.
That helps imo.
If people are having issues though I never see anything wrong with ph'ing your nutrients.
6.3 in soil, 5.8 in coco/ soiless pots.
It wouldn't hurt to know what it is though?

That's a good way of doing things Bill, one change a time sounds logical.

Yeah that's actually why I've not been PHing, because soil is going to be altering it and testing the input nute pH isn't actually testing what the runoff would be after going through the medium. It's not really possible to test run off properly in the SIP.

The nutes I added most recently were PH'd to 6.2 based on my research of these specific nutes, from the Terra Aquatica (General Hydroponics) website: "The usual safe range recommendation is from 5.5 to 6.5. Our advice is to stay on the low side : from 5.5 to 6.2."

I'll have a proper medical exam of the girls as soon as I get some time today and make sure nothing has gotten worse, the flowers are getting bigger by the day and although one is still not really flowering I'm starting to get very excited to see the results of my first attempt.

Thanks for checking in and offering your wisdom @Bill284 - All the best for the holidays mate, Merry Xmas!

That's a good way of doing things Bill, one change a time sounds logical.

Yeah that's actually why I've not been PHing, because soil is going to be altering it and testing the input nute pH isn't actually testing what the runoff would be after going through the medium. It's not really possible to test run off properly in the SIP.

The nutes I added most recently were PH'd to 6.2 based on my research of these specific nutes, from the Terra Aquatica (General Hydroponics) website: "The usual safe range recommendation is from 5.5 to 6.5. Our advice is to stay on the low side : from 5.5 to 6.2."

I'll have a proper medical exam of the girls as soon as I get some time today and make sure nothing has gotten worse, the flowers are getting bigger by the day and although one is still not really flowering I'm starting to get very excited to see the results of my first attempt.

Thanks for checking in and offering your wisdom @Bill284 - All the best for the holidays mate, Merry Xmas!
Merry Christmas my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

So the SIPs had run dry, could be what is causing these issues. I think now the plants are maybe drinking a full res every 18 or less hours. The water level stick got stuck and when I touched it, it fell into the empty bucket with a donk so I'll be more vigilant about making sure they are always full, morning and night check now.

Can still see damage, it's very minor but it's on a few other leaves too, I'm not sure if I just didn't spot these yesterday though as it's nothing super super obvious. What I'll do is up the CalMag to 2ml/L for future feeds just as a precaution.

It's a bit awkward because one of my plants is slightly behind so I'm feeling the perfect VPD can only be achieved for 2/3 right now, currently rH is 44-46% and temperatures are anywhere from 23-27c giving me a VPD of between 1.1-1.3kPa. It's hard to control temperature without AC so that's something I'm considering for summer as I don't want this to be seasonally dependant.

DLI is at around 55 right now, max I'm going to use. The light is still a good 35-40 inches away from the canopy as the plants are so low so that's kinda crazy to think about... actually thinking about it, it's only because these are autos on 20 on/4 off schedule that the DLI is so high even though the light is far away, when using this as a flower tent it will need to be closer as the lights will only be on for 12 hours.

Day 7 of flower (Day 44):
Damage shots first:
leafdmg_overview - Copy.jpg
lfdmg1 - Copy.jpg
flower_visibledmg - Copy.jpg

--

flower1 - Copy.jpg
flower2 - Copy.jpg
o1 - Copy.jpg

o2 - Copy.jpg
o3 - Copy.jpg
o4 - Copy.jpg
o5 - Copy.jpg

Unfortunately got the worst/big issue, just in time for the holidays!! Oh no.

I posted a seperate thread so I can hopefully get urgent advice :'(

Urgent help with pest issue

Okay turns out the issue wasn't an issue at all, thanks to everyone who helped calm me down and assess the issue. Turns out it was a rogue fly and that damage is more than likely caused by wind, my heavy handedness any other environmental factors :D

Some pics for today
Day 8 of flower (Day 45):
23-12-1.jpg
23-12-2.jpg
23-12-3.jpg
23-12-4.jpg
23-12-5.jpg
23-12-6.jpg
23-12-7.jpg
23-12-8.jpg

Okay turns out the issue wasn't an issue at all, thanks to everyone who helped calm me down and assess the issue. Turns out it was a rogue fly and that damage is more than likely caused by wind, my heavy handedness any other environmental factors :D

Some pics for today
Day 8 of flower (Day 45):
23-12-1.jpg
23-12-2.jpg
23-12-3.jpg
23-12-4.jpg
23-12-5.jpg
23-12-6.jpg
23-12-7.jpg
23-12-8.jpg
I’m happy to hear it wasn’t a pest, happy growing n happy holidays. CL🍀

Back