What to do with trim/fluff

Grind it and smoke it, if necessary mix in the odd larger bud, chances you won't know the difference ;)
Pretty much the case. It comes from the same plant as the large buds. Most of the time I don't separate it from the rest. Dry and put into jars. Those little buds and broken off pieces will eventually settle and the bottom and we will be glad they are there if hard times come and we run out of the big buds.

hash, rso, infusions, bho, nothing goes to waste. i used to hash most of it til i destroyed my screens by accident.

Have U considered giving those fluffy not so good buds to someone? There must B someone that could make good use of them.
My big problem now is that I'm off-grid on limited solar, in a very high-humidity tropical zone. So, I don't have a great way to dry and cure. When it's sunny, I put buds in paper bags in the greenhouse. When it's not sunny, I resort to using a food dehydrator on the lowest setting. BUT... I do have plans in the works to build a closet-size drying room w/ dehum and AC.

So, with conditions as they are, I'm not very motivated to deal with trying to do something with the larf.

My big problem now is that I'm off-grid on limited solar, in a very high-humidity tropical zone. So, I don't have a great way to dry and cure. When it's sunny, I put buds in paper bags in the greenhouse. When it's not sunny, I resort to using a food dehydrator on the lowest setting. BUT... I do have plans in the works to build a closet-size drying room w/ dehum and AC.

So, with conditions as they are, I'm not very motivated to deal with trying to do something with the larf.
The small stuff can be dried and cured along with the main harvest. It does not take up that much more space or time. When done drying & curing take the big and mid sized buds and package up; then dump the bag or whatever and put that "larf" into its own jar. It does take a bit more time but I was surprised that it was a decent smoke and worth the bit of extra effort.

It can also be dumped into a baggie or jar and put into the freezer until it is time for hash or salves or something else.

The small stuff can be dried and cured along with the main harvest. It does not take up that much more space or time.
It does for me, at this point. When I get my drying room set up, definitely.

It can also be dumped into a baggie or jar and put into the freezer until it is time for hash or salves or something else.
no freezer. 🤣

Bubble it then. Fresh frozen....if you can freeze it. Hard to do off grid i suppose though.

I see... quite understandable, considering ur situation... :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom