Wheelo's 3rd run - Attack of the Holy Shoots

speaking of seed banks, i am going to add a couple strains to the soil grow. . . and i have devised a my final plan:

my boy gave me some of the seeds that he ordered. . . actually he let me pick a couple.

so i have 2 Great White Shark (won HTCC in 97) feminized seeds from greenhouse, and 3 Mazar-i-sharif regular seeds. I am going to save the mazar for later and I am going to start the GWS's today.

so I decided to go old school organic on the dirt side and have prepared a SUPER SOIL mix - to make my life easier to maintain two styles of grow.

I will put 1.5 gals of super soil on the bottom of each growbag, and top it off with another 1 - 1.5 gals of bcuzz Hydro-mix. then I will just water them with pure RO for their entire life. this will allow the root structure to grow down into the super soil, and will get needed water and air from the top half of the roots and all of the nutrition they need from the bottom half.

here is how i made my super soil.

P9050560.JPG

First i mixed up:

1.5 cu ft. bag of organic soil mix. lots of good stuff in here but the mycorrihzae is the most important part
6 lbs of organic worm castings
1 lbs steamed bone meal
1 lbs Bloom bat guano
1 lbs blood meal
1.25 oz Epson salts
1 oz sweet lime (dolomite)
1 oz open sesame
1 oz beastie bloomz
1 oz cha ching.

Then I added about a gallon of RO water to start activating the mycorrihzae. i will leave the dirt near the front window so that it will get a few hours of sunlight to help activate the mycorr.

in a few days i will be able to transplant my clones into the 1/2 and 1/2 grow bags. I will start to water them when the need it, and that will be that. take clones when i can, get the wheel going, and get this party started.

any questions or comments?

i transplanted the HS mom into a new bag with half of it being super soil. now i will just water her once in a while.

i have the clones under the MH for a while. . . let them get some real light for a while. . . prob put them back tonight. i am misting once in a while.

Wow great set up. Its amazing what money can buy know a days because that looks like happymess to me. Im in! :goodjob:

very nice oneman. very nice.

how big do you have your diameter set there? how do you adjust the size of it? can you do it on the fly as they get bigger? i like the 4" cubes. . . could give the suretogrow product a shot in that thing. they make good claims.

man, i wish clones were abundant like that around here. i have to grow out all of my own mothers. the Holy Shits are actually one of only two strains of clones i have ever been given. eveything else comes from seed. thank god for the internet and seed banks.

well when you buy the 240 wheel it comes with the 120 wheel..there's two different ring sizes..the 120 gives you 17 inchs from the light and the 240 and 340 gives you 24 inchs... yea man i dont like that sure to grow stuff ..have you used it or actually felt it? i have tryed it ..and its not meant for a rotary garden..its too light...doesn't wick meaning that the water will not distribute equally in the cube and just run out of the side...hold a bock of that stg in the air over your head and all it does is pore out the of side...that stuff would be a bloody mess..i have actually talked to the guys over at stg in person... and they weren't assuring when i asked about rotary application's and it /seemed it never even crossed there minds when i talked to them about it...soo i wouldnt get your hopes up...your two blocks i would use would be rockwool or coco blocks... those would be better i could imagine...but in my wheel it uses special 4by 4 by 3 inch blocks..

as for the lack of clones..you don't have anyone around your neck of the woods that enjoys the same hobby as yours that can help you out? how are you going to veg out the first set up clones to get the numbers ?

good to know about the STG. i have felt them before, they feel very light like cotton. i could see how they wouldn't do well in out kind of setup. have thought about coco too, i do a lot of thinking. lol.

i do know a couple area growers, and have one great friend who i started in this game. he gave me the HS clones to start. i have posted some pics in my first two journal when i went to help him trim or something. he grows 6-8 big plants and every generation is clones he took from the previous, so he has no permanent moms, and couldn't even come close to 80 or more clones.

I have one HS mom, and 11 clones that should poke some roots out of the RW this week. I will transfer them to my Super Soil/ Hydro mix grow bags to let them grow out. it will probably take a week for the roots to grow into the super soil, and then a couple more weeks to get big enough to take the 80-90 clones I need. I have a 400w switchable light, so right now I have a MH in there. in early october, hopefully i will have all the clones ready for the wheel, when I change to flower, I will put an HPS in there, and will flower all of the moms and clones all at once to pull as big a harvest out of my tent as possible. I have not decided what I will do with the GWS yet. I might clone them and veg the clones out in my fridge for a GWS run. or maybe not. I'll decide when the time comes.

btw,

welcome to my show and thanks for stopping by BUD08.

was wrapped up in STG talk, and forgot to say hi.

hi. . . lol.

My boy is gonna hook me up with some extra HS clones he doesn't need. so that should help speed up the process a bit. might need to revise my timeline a bit, but prob not. we'll see.

I give some pics later tonight.

Hey WOF, you got nominated for Member of the Month again; hope all you buds that follow your work, stop stop by and show you some love ;)

Polls open Oct 1

ok, so my plans change more than the wind.

I am in a dilemma. . .

i am running low on funds, and money i was planning on having may take significantly more time to aquire than i had anticipated.

my boy had some extra clones that were farther along than the ones i just took, so i took them. 6 in all. must be about 3-4 weeks old judging from the roots, i forgot to ask.

so i planted them all in 1/2 super soil in the 3 gal grow bags. man it went fast. infact, i've used all of it on the 7 plants including the original mom.

so now i'm out of super soil and i still have 11 clones in the fridge.

so here are my options:

1) put the clones into hydro-mix, and have 7 in super soil, and have to feed 11 of them. I don't like this idea at all, way too much work involved

2)wait a couple weeks and hopefully i can afford to make more super soil.

3) put the 11 clones in the wheel and start vegging them with the intent of LST'ing them to the outside wall. i don't know how big of a plant can 3" cubed root structure can support, but the rotation kinda trows its knowledge of which way to grow off, so i think it would kind of just go where i tell it to really easily.

what do you guys think? i could double the root space to 3"X6"X2.5", then how big? FYI, 3x6x2.5 = 45 cu. in. = 0.73741788 liters.

if i bought slabs, i could probably make the root space even bigger if it was necessary.

what do you guys think? what have you done in the past? i wish someone knew some ratio that i am unaware of, of the root size in hydro compared to the size plant it can support. like in dirt, people usually say 1 gal for each foot it will grow.

anyways i am kinda torn right now about what to do.

i will smoke and meditate.

if i go with option 3, i could maybe do it in just part of the wheel, and put clones in the other part.

or i could say f it and just do the whole thing with 11.

or take more clones and lst them too..

hey buddy..i have vegged plants in my gi grow when i was running it ..i did 100 plants on one side and then i vegged and tied them down to scrog them out to beef up cutting for the more clones i needed another 120 i took..in the end..i ended up with what i needed but i messed it up with the rockwool cloning however it did work as to veging in a small block.. i used zip ties to tie them over . however my sizes were 4 by 4 by 3 for the blocks.. im sure it would be ok..... however i say take as many clones you have or plants or you think you will get l..put them in 2 to 3 gallon bags...when they get 4 to 6 inchs tie the tops edown and super crop them..you will get your needed 80 in a week or 2 tops..if you have a 400 mh mh..then take the rest and flowerthem or put them near the side of the vg and they will flower off the side light of the wheel...

if i go with option 3, i could maybe do it in just part of the wheel, and put clones in the other part.

or i could say f it and just do the whole thing with 11.

or take more clones and lst them too..

can't sleep.

here are some pics:

the 7 lovely ladies, sitting in da supa soil.

9_8_01.JPG

9_8_02.JPG

here is an average one:

9_8_03.JPG

i bought a new res at home depot for 10 bucks on sale.

9_8_04.JPG

here are my clones in he fridge.

9_8_05.JPG

i am giving them about 8 hours a day under the MH.

9_8_06.JPG

closeup

9_8_07.JPG

the top

9_8_08.JPG

some roots. these cylinders aren't staying shut, the rootball is just pusing them open:

9_8_09.JPG

9_8_10.JPG

hey b*tch. lol, a bit too big maybe.

so you stopped by, but what do you think about the root mass question? what size plant do you think a little less than a liter could support in hydro?

*** b*tch was a mistype, i meant butch

hey bitch. lol, a bit too big maybe.

so you stopped by, but what do you think about the root mass question? what size plant do you think a little less than a liter could support in hydro?

Of course gotta show some support.Lifes been crazy the last couple weeks.
and ha ha bout the bitch crack..j/k its all in good fun.Thats funny most peoplw are to uptight to crack some jokes sometimes.thats how me and my friensds are we talk shyte to eachother all day long, but again in all fun.

as far as the root question.it's kinda hard to say to be honest.(not trying to get around the question). i personnally think it really depends on the strain and that particular plant. I've had plants in liter bottles thats jump up an go for the moon, then again i've had some that just fill the area in the liter and stay short and stout but still gettting fatter meaning the stems and area its covering rather then height. The root mass is going to be the issue if the roots get to big and get root bound....ewww..bad thought..

I'll take some picts and post them.I have 2 in my system right now.@ 2weeks apart in age and one has a huge root mass about a foot in height the other Younger same size smaller root sytem. Thats why its hard to tell sometimes.mind you these are in 4 inch tubes.

I remembers seeing one grow that the guy used red cups and his plants from seed got to be 2.5 foot in height.IN RED CUPS!!!can you believe that. straight colas.

sorry i didnt give you a straight answer without all the details but ts just hard to call on that one.

Hey Guido, I mean Wheelo- who's the Scientist here? Who's the one who walks the path less travelled just to see where it goes? Has donkey dick envy tore you up? Do what you can that's reasonable and see what happens. The Butcher was right on point; "it depends". The root mass paradigm is mostly about dirt. 'Unnatural' hydro brings the goodie to the roots. I've gotton good results with sloppy technique in small containers. Omen's plan to fill your wheel looks OK.
Busted open RW cubes is a new one to me. Methinks the root don't like the cold, the way they huddle and don't penetrate outward.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom