Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Wow Thanks X You did a great job of summing up the GLR lesson of the day. I got nervous when I saw flowers strarting in veg. and put them in flower room ....it makes sense that there is no need to rush ! Like Smoke : says 5-6 weeks in veg

Its raining, Its raining knowledge all over my head didnt know reps syatem worked like that X good to know shows I havent been impressing the right peeps but big buds coming in my new journal starting in a couple days ill link it when I do :peace:

hey X hope all is well for you man
cant wait for the next set of pics

hey XL!!

Hope all is well.... question: any info/suggestions on what strains may be good/best for idiopathic seizure disorder/epilepsy?

Kindest regards man

hey XL!!

Hope all is well.... question: any info/suggestions on what strains may be good/best for idiopathic seizure disorder/epilepsy?

Kindest regards man

Naph, it's great to see you around, Brother! I don't have a strain recommendation, but, coincidently, I was recently doing some research on Parkinsons and one of the things I found that supposed to help w/ epilepsy is Coconut Oil. I do recommend you look into "ketogenic diets".

In short, the brain is largely made up of fatty tissue and needs some good fats to stay healthy. In fact, there is a belief that the low-fat diets and anti-staten drugs are contributing to issues with the brain like Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Epilepsy, etc. :goodluck:

Hey Mr Krip, yes fats are our friend, no matter what people say, but good fats...olive, fish oil, nuts etc. etc.

check out eating "primal" Mark's Daily Apple great stuff

kindest regards,

I second that!!

Naph, it's great to see you around, Brother! I don't have a strain recommendation, but, coincidently, I was recently doing some research on Parkinsons and one of the things I found that supposed to help w/ epilepsy is Coconut Oil. I do recommend you look into "ketogenic diets".

In short, the brain is largely made up of fatty tissue and needs some good fats to stay healthy. In fact, there is a belief that the low-fat diets and anti-staten drugs are contributing to issues with the brain like Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Epilepsy, etc. :goodluck:

Just to add my 2 cents on GLR
I have been using it the last 10 months on all my different grows and I have to agree with everything so far said but have a couple of things to add.
I have noticed that my res seems to stay cooler under GLR. It's not always getting heat in the room now to 24/7 lighting and the temps don't go as high because now under GLR they temps have time to come back down. Also another added benefit I see is if you happen to have mites the eggs don't seem to hatch as fast because they aren't getting all the heat required for them to hatch sooner.
Again, just my 2 cents and observations.

I agree! If you have heat problems, GLR is only going to help.

Wow X!

I thought I had clicked the link in your sig before, but I guess not. Nice setup. I'm using the Ebb&Gro, but I'm considering the Titan version for my second flowering room. I haven't read all the way through yet, but I'm subbed :)

:welcome: Hiker!

The Flo N Grow is great - I think you'd love it. Thanks for subbing! :)

They start the plants in 18/6 to get some size going, then go to GLR more as a way to smoothly transition to flower and get a quick flip. Cultivator, I think that's where you may be a little confused. But I believe that's what they are really saying - unless I am misunderstanding? It does make sense to me in a way, and may be a nice modification because it capitalizes on the strengths of each light cycle at different stages. In the end, it could reduce the need to veg longer for size (that some GLR users report experiencing), while still helping speed the transition to flower. Interesting approach!

Way to break it down X!
And to include every angle, very well done brother. You didn't miss a thing!

I am one of those who you spoke of, that uses GLR as a transition tool entering flower.
And I'm very happy with how fast they seem to show.
I'm a believer and will be using the same trick on rounds to come..
This photo is from 7th day into flower using this method.

OG_3_Jan_13th_9.jpg

Hey thanks a ton for that Xlr8. You were a great guiding force in my earliest grows and your support and offerings of way to fix things along the way have been a huge benefit to my grows. Many more thanks to you my friend.

Bassman - you are a great friend here and a very good grower - that's so nice of you to say that! You've made my grows better as well - your defo/bending thread helped me further dial some things in. :thanks:

HeyX,On the GLR I believe the amount of vedge,stretch,etc. depends on strain.I have some strains that will go from GLR at 3 ,4in. and finish at 24in.Also have ,such as PE and CSS,that will only double in size and some times less.I believe these strains would respond the same under other lighting schedules except for showing sex sooner. Great grow also and thanks for tring to get the difference in opinions together in one post.:thanks::peace:

I agree Evo - I think strain differences are a key element as to how the responses differ. Cool that you chimed in, it's nice to know you are still hangin' there in the background my friend! :high-five:

Yes, DLS is part of the GLR schedule and I do that as well. One thing i have noticed with the DLR is that they seem to resin up much much more.
I have also tried shutting the lights off the last 3 days before harvest and I'm not so sure its a benefit or not.

Hey A1! :ciao:

I read a really good magazine article a while back, where they did clone vs. clone tests with the "last 3 days lights out" thing. They tested potency and compared them after and found zero differences with the ones that got the lights out treatment. I wish I could remember where the article was from, but it seemed well done. Prior to reading that, I'd done it too... But I never liked how limp and wet they felt - that resin'ed up in the dark. Seemed mold worrisome. Combined with the mold worry, the article convinced me to stop doing that one, but others seem to think it works, so who knows...

Great to know on the resin improvement with diminishing light in flower - I have never strictly done it, but want to try it soon. :thumb:

Hey Xlr8, I have an idea about GLR and it effects on MMJ, mainly its photosynthesis. Indulge me if you will. Mary Jane flowers when levels of her flowering hormone,which develops during dark periods, is right. I used GLR as an experiment and to save on electricity and to see if the growth tales were true. I did get rapid growth of leaves and branches, more than I expected from cfls at that. I had 6 clones, 3 sativa dom and 3 indica dom. the sativa dom all began to show pre-flowers and buds after three months of GLR, at that point the experiment ended, also spring had arrived, and the sun is cheaper than cfl. I think the idea of using it to "prime" your clones for flip is a good one. You get good growth and they flower eventually. This however requires patience and time to find the right balance of 24/0 , GLR ,and 12/12 lighting schedules for the individual strains. :peace:

Wow Thanks X You did a great job of summing up the GLR lesson of the day. I got nervous when I saw flowers strarting in veg. and put them in flower room ....it makes sense that there is no need to rush ! Like Smoke : says 5-6 weeks in veg

Hi Clayhead - :thanks:

Yes, you can veg as long as you like depending on your goals. Pre-flowers are fine and normal in veg and are not an indication that the plant is flowering. It's commonly mis-undestood, as many growers don't bump into it until they try GLR, let their plants veg a little longer, (or just get the right pheno).

Pre-flowers are indeed a sign that they've reached sexual maturity and are ready to flower. When we flip to bloom prior to seeing these, the plant continues to veg until it's sexually mature, even under the longer night periods, but it kind of "rushes" once they respond to the longer night-cycles as the shorter days give it a sense of urgency.

GLR can coax the plant to sexual maturity by teetering the plant on the verge of flowering, so they often show pistil pairings at the nodes (pre-flowers) in veg. This is precisely why they transition quicker to bloom after the flip.

But, the key point is that as long as it's just the single pods with pistil pairs that you are seeing, it's not truly flowering --- just sexually ready to. I always think they remind me of little fuzzy alien antennas, sticking out of a pod. :)

Its raining, Its raining knowledge all over my head didnt know reps syatem worked like that X good to know shows I havent been impressing the right peeps but big buds coming in my new journal starting in a couple days ill link it when I do :peace:

Hey Mr - Thanks for the reps! :)

Yes, please post a link - I'll definitely sub up. Can't wait to see what you've got in the pipeline! :high-five:

hey X hope all is well for you man
cant wait for the next set of pics

Aloha my friend!
:surf:

Well, I'll try to get some more up as soon as I can - thanks! Hope you are well. I'm hoping our friend OMM is feeling better, too. I worry about him these days quite a bit... :)

Back
Top Bottom