Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

i dont see the point in vegging for 2-3 weeks then flipping to GLR? If GLR works why not use it from the start? I veg 3 weeks absolute max, GLR on the grow im trying is already beyond that. My schedule is tight but it works. on average my veg time is 16 days and im averaging 5 oz per plant on my most replicated setups with the oxypots. Thats 50oz from 2 600w hps vegged 16days with 10 plants. only way to make massive improvement on that is to switch to hempys but thats more work and more plant #'s.

See near the bottom of my long post, I think I get where they're coming from. They get the nodes, not the size, with GLR - so they add a beginning that is 18/6 or 24/0 to get a bit more size (or same reasons you or I do), but switch to GLR for the later portion of veg to also try to take advantage of the quicker flower transition at the flip. That's how I'm interpreting it anyway. An interesting approach - I like the idea of it, anyway.

Good info clayhead! reps for that. I experianced the same when I used GLR.

Forgot about that, they did veg longer with GLR from start but low wattage so maybe not, but when they hit 12/12 they went straight into flower! And the trics were everywhere in like a week or so. So your "start on 18/6 then GLR" is what i'm going to do also to get them ready for flower and tric production.

Maybe a mix of 18/6, GLR, 12/12 is a good thing.

This is my AK Day 5 12/12 after GLR from seed!!

DSC005292.JPG

And day 14 TRICS EARLY!

DSC005775.JPG
DSC005764.JPG

Hope you dont mind the pics Xlr8, thought they were relevant to todays class :)

Very relevant! Had to comment on this one - great example of the quick transition of the plant to bloom from GLR. Pretty pics, and plants, too! + rep :thumb:

Excellent post X. You caught my point for sure. Since I deal with 8 week vegging time, the first 2-3 weeks of 20/4 don't even seem like "veg" to me. They're just seedlings. Then I flip to GLR for a good 6 weeks. Sexual maturity is reached faster because of the long dark period they take (11 hours). I remember reading somewhere about the flowering hormones under a 13/11 (glr) and how they behave. The closest analogy I can think of is topping your tub with water. Imaging the water filling almost all the way up every night and then you drain a little bit to prevent overflow. That's the one hour interruption of the dark period. Once you stop doing that (i.e. flip to 12/12), the water will just flood out because it's been backed up and waiting to burst for a while. I don't know if that makes sense.

English is not my first language and sometimes people misunderstand my points from little cues that I don't even know exist :(.

Different grow styles and different goals will pretty much dictate what to do.

Yeah serious xlr8 reps back at you mate and ismokes!. What a day it is in the weed college today?! My brain is FULL!!!

Excellent post X. You caught my point for sure. Since I deal with 8 week vegging time, the first 2-3 weeks of 20/4 don't even seem like "veg" to me. They're just seedlings. Then I flip to GLR for a good 6 weeks. Sexual maturity is reached faster because of the long dark period they take (11 hours). I remember reading somewhere about the flowering hormones under a 13/11 (glr) and how they behave. The closest analogy I can think of is topping your tub with water. Imaging the water filling almost all the way up every night and then you drain a little bit to prevent overflow. That's the one hour interruption of the dark period. Once you stop doing that (i.e. flip to 12/12), the water will just flood out because it's been backed up and waiting to burst for a while. I don't know if that makes sense.

English is not my first language and sometimes people misunderstand my points from little cues that I don't even know exist :(.

Different grow styles and different goals will pretty much dictate what to do.

If english is your second language, you are doing outstanding! I wouldn't have guessed that, at all. Good analogy with the tub, and I agree with that part of it, without question. :bravo:

Reps on the GLR lesson my friend! :cheesygrinsmiley::thumb:

Yeah serious xlr8 reps back at you mate and ismokes!. What a day it is in the weed college today?! My brain is FULL!!!

Thanks guys! :thanks:

Just want to clarify that I'm mostly summarizing other peoples experiences (plus a little of my own), and trying to address some common confusion I see on some things that happen as a result. I'm no expert on it by any means!

Are you talking about reps JBC420? I don't think I get this whole rep system but sometimes I seem to jump bars at a time. Literally 100's of points overnight. Are these Xlr8's reps? lol

Yeh thats what im saying ha they worth a bzillion ha :) I find stuf like that fun. Gamescore xb@x whatever, pinball, bank lol scores rock haha.

OK that explains a lot, lol :). I thought everybody's reps were equally valuable. This makes more sense. The more reps a person receives, the more valuable his own rep becomes. Nice :thumb:

Never got mine mate :( yours are worth billions hehe

Oops, fixed that, thanks for letting me know. Things are busy here lately and I almost missed it!

Are you talking about reps JBC420? I don't think I get this whole rep system but sometimes I seem to jump bars at a time. Literally 100's of points overnight. Are these Xlr8's reps? lol

The more reps you get, the more bars you get, AND the more you are able to give.

So if you've gotten a lot of reps, your "rep power" goes up. Whenever someone with a lot of Rep power gives reps, the boost is much bigger than reps from a newer member, for example. I get feedback often that peoples rep points go way up when I give them reps. Almost always, people get a whole 'nother green box under their name if they have room for it. You also get a fair number of reps awarded you for winning member of the month, or plant/nug of the month. Or, just for entering I believe you get a boost.

The short answer to your question iSmokes, is yes - it was probably from me, or another experienced member with a high level of rep-power, etc. ;)

Yeah it sort of shows who knows what they talking about and who to listen to. An easier way of filtering info for rookies like me. Not always though obviously.

On your User control panel below your subcription list, is a list of recent reps gained total reps and your rep power.

Yeah it sort of shows who knows what they talking about and who to listen to. An easier way of filtering info for rookies like me. Not always though obviously.

Yes, not always is true. Keep in mind most members here are new within the last year, so a few years being a participating member is a long time in this world.

Conversely, there are some new members who've been growing 25+ years... But, it's a good start for getting a sense of who you might want to reach out to, for sure. :)

Wow X!

I thought I had clicked the link in your sig before, but I guess not. Nice setup. I'm using the Ebb&Gro, but I'm considering the Titan version for my second flowering room. I haven't read all the way through yet, but I'm subbed :)

I know right? Still, I swallow a little lump every time I grab a top and start ringing it's neck... but I think it's kind of natural to feel hesitant to do something so seemingly counter to the nurturing we do the rest of the time. I know this much, I won't stop doing it!

You really did a great job helping bring the topic of defoliation and bending for yield to the forefront with the thread you made on defoliation. I can't give you enough kudos for creating that thread either, as the topic always starts heated discussions and debate, so there's a level of sticking your neck out there that I really respect you for.

:bravo:

For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out this thread Bassman started when you have a moment. If you grow indoors, and want to improve your yield or learn some new tricks, this thread is for you. In addition to defoliating, there are some really good tips on bending/super cropping and other strategies for yield:

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

Hey thanks a ton for that Xlr8. You were a great guiding force in my earliest grows and your support and offerings of way to fix things along the way have been a huge benefit to my grows. Many more thanks to you my friend.

HeyX,On the GLR I believe the amount of vedge,stretch,etc. depends on strain.I have some strains that will go from GLR at 3 ,4in. and finish at 24in.Also have ,such as PE and CSS,that will only double in size and some times less.I believe these strains would respond the same under other lighting schedules except for showing sex sooner. Great grow also and thanks for tring to get the difference in opinions together in one post.:thanks::peace:

GLR and DLS in combo seem to do the trick for me, but I will have a better idea about this combo after this grow does the "after harvest" shuffle:cheesygrinsmiley: I still like germ/early veg under florescent lights whether CFLs or T5s...Never caught any mites lurking in my veg area and think I finally got rid of them in the tent also.
:tokin:

Yes, DLS is part of the GLR schedule and I do that as well. One thing i have noticed with the DLR is that they seem to resin up much much more.
I have also tried shutting the lights off the last 3 days before harvest and I'm not so sure its a benefit or not.

Back
Top Bottom