Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

hey XL!!

Hope all is well.... question: any info/suggestions on what strains may be good/best for idiopathic seizure disorder/epilepsy?

Kindest regards man

Hi Naphtali - nice to see you my friend!

The Jack the Ripper that I grew contains nearly unprecedented levels of THC-V, which has a lot of really fascinating potential as a medicine. One of them is supposed to be that it has anti-epileptic properties. Go0gle up to read more on this, but I'll post a couple of other things for you that might be helpful.:

cannabis-piechart.png

Okay, this is some more info on THC-V, based on actual lab testing with rats. I "bolded" the discussion/summary, as it's a little science-wordy:

Δ⁹-Tetrahydrocannabivarin suppresses in vitro epileptiform and in vivo seizure activity in adult rats.

Hill AJ, Weston SE, Jones NA, Smith I, Bevan SA, Williamson EM, Stephens GJ, Williams CM, Whalley BJ.
Source

School of Pharmacy, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, Berkshire, UK.

Abstract

PURPOSE:
We assessed the anticonvulsant potential of the phytocannabinoid Δ⁹-tetrahydrocannabivarin (Δ⁹-THCV) by investigating its effects in an in vitro piriform cortex (PC) brain slice model of epileptiform activity, on cannabinoid CB1 receptor radioligand-binding assays and in a generalized seizure model in rats.

METHODS
:

Δ⁹-THCV was applied before (10 μm Δ⁹-THCV) or during (10-50 μm Δ⁹-THCV) epileptiform activity induced by Mg²(+) -free extracellular media in adult rat PC slices and measured using multielectrode array (MEA) extracellular electrophysiologic techniques. The actions of Δ⁹-THCV on CB1 receptors were examined using [³H]SR141716A competition binding and [³⁵S]GTPγS assays in rat cortical membranes. Effects of Δ⁹-HCV (0.025-2.5 mg/kg) on pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)-induced seizures in adult rats were also assessed.

RESULTS
:

After induction of stable spontaneous epileptiform activity, acute Δ⁹ -THCV application (≥ 20 μm) significantly reduced burst complex incidence and the amplitude and frequency of paroxysmal depolarizing shifts (PDSs). Furthermore, slices pretreated with 10 μm Δ⁹-THCV prior to induction of epileptiform activity exhibited significantly reduced burst complex incidence and PDS peak amplitude. In radioligand-binding experiments, Δ⁹-THCV acted as a CB1 receptor ligand, displacing 0.5 nm [³H]SR141716A with a Ki∼290 nm, but exerted no agonist stimulation of [³⁵S]GTPγS binding. In PTZ-induced seizures in vivo, 0.25 mg/kg Δ⁹-THCV significantly reduced seizure incidence.

DISCUSSION
:

These data demonstrate that Δ⁹-THCV exerts antiepileptiform and anticonvulsant properties, actions that are consistent with a CB1 receptor-mediated mechanism and suggest possible therapeutic application in the treatment of pathophysiologic hyperexcitability states.

Naph, it's great to see you around, Brother! I don't have a strain recommendation, but, coincidently, I was recently doing some research on Parkinsons and one of the things I found that supposed to help w/ epilepsy is Coconut Oil. I do recommend you look into "ketogenic diets".

In short, the brain is largely made up of fatty tissue and needs some good fats to stay healthy. In fact, there is a belief that the low-fat diets and anti-staten drugs are contributing to issues with the brain like Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Epilepsy, etc. :goodluck:

Hey Mr Krip, yes fats are our friend, no matter what people say, but good fats...olive, fish oil, nuts etc. etc.

check out eating "primal" Welcome to Mark’s Daily Apple | Mark's Daily Apple great stuff

kindest regards,

I second that!!

Good stuff guys, I learned something new! :thumb:

Wow mate you sure know your stuff!! Thanks for sharing such a good journal.

:thanks: DocDee!

I appreciate that a lot - you are too kind. :bigblush:

I'm still learning something new almost daily, haha. I feel like an idiot often when I make the silliest mistakes - I do my best though, so thanks for such a tremendously nice compliment. :)

Way to break it down X!
And to include every angle, very well done brother. You didn't miss a thing!

I am one of those who you spoke of, that uses GLR as a transition tool entering flower.
And I'm very happy with how fast they seem to show.
I'm a believer and will be using the same trick on rounds to come..
This photo is from 7th day into flower using this method.

OG_3_Jan_13th_9.jpg

First off, Thank you brother ~ :)

GLR rocks if it meets your goals and needs, ya know? And for many, it's just what the doctor ordered. As I've mentioned, I'd much rather see a new grower start with something like 18/6 to start simple, and develop that baseline knowledge and experience, but that's not a knock on GLR (and it's only my opinion).

It had never dawned on me before, but there might be a downside to inviting so many experienced growers to your first grow journal, lol! Every contentious topic that a newer grower bumps into, and there are usually a few, is liable to run amok... Well, let's hope not for 420ramrod's sake! All kidding aside, he'll really benefit from having such great support, and he's able to make a decision based on multiple inputs from valuable sources.

Beautiful pic, Vick. :thumb:

Hey Xlr8, I have an idea about GLR and it effects on MMJ, mainly its photosynthesis. Indulge me if you will. Mary Jane flowers when levels of her flowering hormone,which develops during dark periods, is right. I used GLR as an experiment and to save on electricity and to see if the growth tales were true. I did get rapid growth of leaves and branches, more than I expected from cfls at that. I had 6 clones, 3 sativa dom and 3 indica dom. the sativa dom all began to show pre-flowers and buds after three months of GLR, at that point the experiment ended, also spring had arrived, and the sun is cheaper than cfl. I think the idea of using it to "prime" your clones for flip is a good one. You get good growth and they flower eventually. This however requires patience and time to find the right balance of 24/0 , GLR ,and 12/12 lighting schedules for the individual strains. :peace:

Agreed - that's what I think, too, Smoke2Js. There are certainly scenarios and situations where it's a nice way to go for some, and I personally think it's no-doubt helping a quicker transition to bloom. I'm curious, did the sativa doms show pre-flowers AND buds - or, just pre-flowers? I know that both can happen and do, but pre-flowers aren't cause for concern - buds, are. Just curious if they were budding beyond the pre-flowers...

Agreed - that's what I think, too, Smoke2Js. I'm curious, did the sativa doms show pre-flowers AND buds - or, just pre-flowers? I know that both can happen and do, but pre-flowers aren't cause for concern - buds, are. Just curious if they were budding beyond the pre-flowers...
Hey Xlr8, the Strawberry Cough began to form buds , tiny ,but more than inter-node pre- flowers.The other two showed pre-flowers at inter-nodes only. The indica doms had pre-flowers developing near the end. I believe I switched them back to 24/0 for a while, before moving them outside into the sun.:peace:

Could have just been a randy Strawberry Cough.

:rofl: Thanks for the feedback, btw. It seems like sativas are a little bit more likely to not like GLR, thought there are doubtlessly plenty that do.

Aloha my friend!
:surf:

Well, I'll try to get some more up as soon as I can - thanks! Hope you are well. I'm hoping our friend OMM is feeling better, too. I worry about him these days quite a bit... :)

yea he hasnt been posting as usual and i tried to give him a call this eve but no answer hope hes ok

Hey X did you get my PM?

No I didn't - I'm sure that it was a medicated moment though - I had a bunch of PM's and thought I'd gotten to all of them. Somehow I missed yours, smack dab in the middle. But, I got it now -- Sorry about that! (Smacking my own head)

yea he hasnt been posting as usual and i tried to give him a call this eve but no answer hope hes ok

Thanks for reaching out to him like that, and thanks even more for keeping me in the loop - I'm worried about him.

It's taken me far too long to get here which is a bit rubbish, but I'm glad I got here eventually. Great journal with loads of fantastic info. I've got some reading to do!

It's taken me far too long to get here which is a bit rubbish, but I'm glad I got here eventually. Great journal with loads of fantastic info. I've got some reading to do!

:welcome: Green Knight!

Nice to have you here, brother. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Hey X gotta say thanks for that brownie recipe! This is the third time I've cooked it first two didn't use the soy lecithin, only got a mellow high off one piece. Finally ordered the soy powder and oh my god what a difference. I can barely type this ha! Wow

I can barely type this ha! Wow

:rofl: I'll never forget how they hit me while I was working on my garden LOL. I ate it and kind of forgot about it. About 90 minutes later, baaamm, could hardly open my eyes :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom