Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

omg i lol'd on the catnip vid i horked coffee out my nose onto my screen good stuff:bravo:
hey X im haveing a small prob you might could polly help with
well just the other day i jinxed myself by saying my cheapo ph pen as been so good to me for 2 yrs, now its acting wack, i got some odd readings so i tested it with my calibration fluid and its reading the 7.01 fluid at 8.6 and the 4.03 at 6.5 seems it needs adjustment .but my cali fluid is not new i had it stored in vitamin bottles i cleaned real well, what im wondering is ,is there a universal liquid product,common household item that has a known consistent ph i can triple check with before i bust out the tiny screwdriver and adjust it, my one and only hydro plant HBD is showing signs of ph problems so i need to fix it asap,, im gonna post this in a couple of you hydro wizard guys journals as well as mine, why i didnt think to get strips as a backup i dont know lol thanks in advance X:high-five:

The two part high yield looks really good. I didn't notice it until after I ordered the two part reg. Budget is now all tied up so I'm trying to find alternatives too the high yield additions. Next grow its ordered!

Hi Spring! Yes, the high-yield system is essentially what I use now with the 3-part (it just wasn't called that until recently). You can still get great results without the other products you held off on, but they will definitely add value when you can go that way. Liquid Blue is probably the one I would prioritize first - personally. I used primarily the base nutrients and Liquid Blue in my grows until the other things were added. That gives you a solid foundation, with a bloom booster - great place to start IMO.

As far as alternatives... you'd be hard pressed to find products that work as well, cheaper, anywhere. Since BPN is the wholesaler and and we're ordering direct, there is less mark-up. If budget is a constraint (isn't it always?!) then start with a smaller bottle of the Liquid Blue when you can. Add the others for the next round. At least that's how I'd recommend approaching it...

Let's just say I'll be coming back later tonight to check them out properly.

Phew, finally caught up.

Oh, and thanks for having me, X!

Super glad to have you following KushMeister - Great name, btw! I appreciate that you took the time to read through it all - as I know it's a long read. :)

:welcome:

hi mate

just a quick query. Please dont find me ignorant if this has been brought up already in ur journals. Im just in a bit of a debate on GLR and interested on ur thoughts.

Do u run it? if so how do u feel it compares over regular 18/6 veg for example?

Ive just been told that members are experinece 50% faster veg times.... I however am finding it is slowing my veg by minimun 2 weeks. the argument is simply that GLR 1. saves money on eletric bills and 2. makes plants show flowers faster on the transition period.

So i veg usually for 2-3 weeks, never more than 3. Im on a 11 week turn around max. Currently on GLR on a like for like basis running same wattage, same space and same nutes im nearly 2 weeks behind in veg and prob be min another 5 days before i flip, taking my veg to around 5 and half weeks, double usual. Plants are a touch stretchier but not in a bad way. In genereral i see flowers start within the week.

So i state this. GLR saves money on bills day to day definately, HOWEVER due to the extra time it takes to veg u actually lose those savings. If a do 4 grows at 11 week turn around, (3week veg), over 4 grows i could actually just about fit another grow in.

Secondly my plants ususally show flowering within the week (documented in my journals) therefore how much time am i really saving on the transition? any faster would be a deficit due to the fact that the plant hasnt had enough of a chance to stretch enough to give space to fill those flowers up. And even if thats not the issue, is it worth extra 2-3 weeks veg for few days saving on flip?

These are my findings. I havent flipped my GLR to flower yet but i do have enough experience to make a judgement now. Very interested in ur thoughts. Also please if u can, show me proof that there is a 50% genuine faster veg with healthier plants, that would take me to a week veg time. maybe ive done something wrong for this schedule. i doubt it but i am listening to experienced growers.

Thanks X.

Awesome pics X!

Nice bit on bending these ladies over too. I've had to do so much bending the last year. I recall a time I was paranoid about bending and now I just go after em to no end.

I know right? Still, I swallow a little lump every time I grab a top and start ringing it's neck... but I think it's kind of natural to feel hesitant to do something so seemingly counter to the nurturing we do the rest of the time. I know this much, I won't stop doing it!

You really did a great job helping bring the topic of defoliation and bending for yield to the forefront with the thread you made on defoliation. I can't give you enough kudos for creating that thread either, as the topic always starts heated discussions and debate, so there's a level of sticking your neck out there that I really respect you for.

:bravo:

For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out this thread Bassman started when you have a moment. If you grow indoors, and want to improve your yield or learn some new tricks, this thread is for you. In addition to defoliating, there are some really good tips on bending/super cropping and other strategies for yield:

Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

Outstanding photos X!
All these great posts about supercropping and stressing to improve trichome production, has got me thinking I'm going to try a few new things on this round.
I might even go in there right now, and slap them around a bit!

:thanks: Vick!

I usually do most of the rougher handling jiggling during the last week.

Slap them bitches up!
;)

The Prodigy Smack My Bitch Up (Uncensored) - YouTube

Driving thru. I see you working your magic on them girls. I got to try some PE myself. I had single bean of her that didn't take. I've bought alot of single seeds since the net came to age, but thats the sad thing, which of the 10-15% isn't going to germinate. Well your girls sure look happy. Keepem Green

:thanks: Vick!

I usually do most of the rougher handling jiggling during the last week.

Slap them bitches up!
;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Awesome!!
Too late though..
I fed em a few knuckle sammitches last night.
They're going to need a restraining order by the time I'm done with em.

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Hi X ....This journal is a great ride ..... Ive been quietly watching and learning a lot . Bending, Nutes, Humidity all great points and great input from all. Also love the psychedelics. I'm a big fan of the artists that did the posters in the 60's .....Cooper, Griffin, Stanley Mouse, Mark Arminski. Once you get used to their style, you can see a poster and know who the artist is. It Sucks that when we get older we have to trade a few bad days to get a few good days. Feel better soon Brother !!

Good to see you Clayhead! I love those posters, and those artists, too (though I'm not sure I know who Cooper is, and I'm not very studied up on it in general). I hear you on the bad day/ good day thing - thanks for the well wishes! :)

I completely agree with X. I went for the base nutes then only added the liquid blue. Having gallons of base 3part, I only bought a quart of liquid blue (ratio-wise, it should work out fine because you don't use liquid blue as often - obviously). It was incredibly cheap, under 10 if my memory serves me right.

BPN does have good prices!

Hey, thanks for the reply to my question X. :thumb:

This is excellent information on RH and I'm not so concerned with my relative low RH levels now.

I have noticed that my RH spikes up after a good watering. When I first got my plants they were sprouts in 5 gal buckets with saturated soil. Very close to being over watered. Over the past 4 weeks I've been trying to let them dry out and only giving them small sips with nutrients. Yesterday evening I gave them their firsts good watering and this morning the RH was up to 65%, the highest I've seen yet and probably too high. I guess I need to run the ventilation at night more, especially after a good watering.

The watering definitely raises humidity (RH). I run my ventilation/filter 24/7 during bloom. Night time is definitely when you usually need to worry the most. It will also minimize odor if you are using a filter.

omg i lol'd on the catnip vid i horked coffee out my nose onto my screen good stuff:bravo:
hey X im haveing a small prob you might could polly help with
well just the other day i jinxed myself by saying my cheapo ph pen as been so good to me for 2 yrs, now its acting wack, i got some odd readings so i tested it with my calibration fluid and its reading the 7.01 fluid at 8.6 and the 4.03 at 6.5 seems it needs adjustment .but my cali fluid is not new i had it stored in vitamin bottles i cleaned real well, what im wondering is ,is there a universal liquid product,common household item that has a known consistent ph i can triple check with before i bust out the tiny screwdriver and adjust it, my one and only hydro plant HBD is showing signs of ph problems so i need to fix it asap,, im gonna post this in a couple of you hydro wizard guys journals as well as mine, why i didnt think to get strips as a backup i dont know lol thanks in advance X:high-five:

PH is pretty important in hydro, unlike soil. Honestly, I'd recommend picking up at least some new 7.0 solution whenever you can make it happen (even better some 7.0 and 4.0 if you can swing it). My bet though, is that despite them being old and in medicine bottles that they are closer to correct than you might think. It's not unheard of for the pen to get pretty far out of calibration over not such a long time, especially when they start to go bad. I calibrate mine at least once a week, sometimes twice. In a matter of 5-7 days it can as much as .25 "off". I've had meters that held their calibration much better, but some just don't.

This is from Milwaukee PH meters webpage. This is the closest info I could find that kind of addresses your question and issue. I'd still probably trust the fluid you have to be somewhat close. Unless you've ever re-used it. You don't want to ever "double dip" calibration solution as a general rule. I've read elsewhere, too, that Windex is about 10% PH.:

How do I test my pH probe to see if it needs replacing..?
A simple test can be performed using Windex glass cleaner with ammonia, and any type of soft drink. The procedure is as follows; turn your meter or tester on and place the probe in a soft drink, which is acidic, and the reading will be from 2.7 to 3.9. Then go to the Windex with ammonia which is alkaline. Your display should move very quickly up the scale to a point above 10.0. If the probe slowly moves up the scale, then it is time to consider replacing it.

hi mate

just a quick query. Please dont find me ignorant if this has been brought up already in ur journals. Im just in a bit of a debate on GLR and interested on ur thoughts.

Do u run it? if so how do u feel it compares over regular 18/6 veg for example?

Ive just been told that members are experinece 50% faster veg times.... I however am finding it is slowing my veg by minimun 2 weeks. the argument is simply that GLR 1. saves money on eletric bills and 2. makes plants show flowers faster on the transition period.

So i veg usually for 2-3 weeks, never more than 3. Im on a 11 week turn around max. Currently on GLR on a like for like basis running same wattage, same space and same nutes im nearly 2 weeks behind in veg and prob be min another 5 days before i flip, taking my veg to around 5 and half weeks, double usual. Plants are a touch stretchier but not in a bad way. In genereral i see flowers start within the week.

So i state this. GLR saves money on bills day to day definately, HOWEVER due to the extra time it takes to veg u actually lose those savings. If a do 4 grows at 11 week turn around, (3week veg), over 4 grows i could actually just about fit another grow in.

Secondly my plants ususally show flowering within the week (documented in my journals) therefore how much time am i really saving on the transition? any faster would be a deficit due to the fact that the plant hasnt had enough of a chance to stretch enough to give space to fill those flowers up. And even if thats not the issue, is it worth extra 2-3 weeks veg for few days saving on flip?

These are my findings. I havent flipped my GLR to flower yet but i do have enough experience to make a judgement now. Very interested in ur thoughts. Also please if u can, show me proof that there is a 50% genuine faster veg with healthier plants, that would take me to a week veg time. maybe ive done something wrong for this schedule. i doubt it but i am listening to experienced growers.

Thanks X.

Hi Cultivator -

I did the Gas Lantern Routine (I've always known it as the 12-1 technique, but same thing) once, so I don't have a ton of feedback on it, but a little. For me, I just didn't notice much difference really. Nothing that I could really hang my hat on, and point to with confidence to say "yeah thats' way better!". It's tough though, because soon after I started trying to focus on more haze plants for a bit, which grow a little differently. Couple that with seasonal environment differences and I was using all new equipment and set-up at the time, and I can't honestly give it a true thumbs-up or thumbs-down. I didn't see any major downside to it, either. I thought the growth rate was similar to 18/6 in general, but who knows with all the changes I was making at the time.

This often sparks a debate, but I also see very little difference between 24/0 and 18/6 when it comes to veg. I was against 24/0 until I did it. Like many growing myths, it's not true that plants necessarily struggle or don't grow well under 24/0. They may do a little better under 18/6 imo, but I don't think it's dramatic personally.

The one thing I thought was a bit better with GLR (also 18/6 vs. 24/0), was how quickly my plants transitioned to flower. They also nearly all "pre-flowered" in veg under GLR, so it seemed they were a bit more ready to go at the flip. I've seen this in other journals here, too - very quick transition to flower. As you mention, it's also a great way to save money. It's much cheaper, and stealthier, to go this way (I'm sure it's a less tell-tale power usage). The size claims, I'll have to leave to others. I didn't see that (again just one grow though).

I wish I could give you more, but that's the straight scoop and my opinion from my very limited experience with it. It is something I wouldn't mind experimenting with more again, but I've just been putting it off for some reason. I'm really interested in hearing your experience with it. I would guess also that indicas would like it better than sativas, which seem to want more light to stay in veg state sometimes. Glad you shared your experience, it adds to the collective pool of things - even if it seems contrary to what others are seeing a bit.

I was hoping to get some feedback from Mr Smith on this. If you haven't read Mr Smiths grows here, by the way, you should. A real hydro guru, and probably who I've learned more from than anyone on hydro and growing in general. He grows larger scale like you, and yields well. Last I heard, he was planning on giving it a shot (GLR), but then he kind of disappeared for a bit. I do expect him back eventually, he sometimes disappears but usually comes back - I'm curious as to what he's got to say on it. I know many here seem to like it.

X

Back
Top Bottom