You're Gonna Want To Take A Seat For This Auto Grow!

Subbed beautiful harvest last run and great set up. Have you ever thought about a bigger tent so you can use that one to veg and bigger to flower and run perpetual Bc dam. You got a lot of light brother I love it Bc I have so much also

Oh trust me I would if I could lol. But I live in an apartment, and its kind of frowned upon around my neck of the woods ;) I actually have a 4x4x6.5 tent, I had to store that away because it was way to big lol.

So I could just buy an airstone and pump and It would bring it down?

"Permanent hardness" isn't going to be affected by an airstone.

> Is there a solution I can add to my water to make it go down?

The traditional water softening method is to run it through an ion exchanger, but that replaces the the Ca/Mg with sodium, which is not good for plants or humans to drink.

Other than that, you're kinda outta luck. Reverse osmosis is the usual solution.

Well I've used nothing for but tap water before with no issues, as you can see from my previous grow lol
I use tap water as I live in Cambridge Ontario and people always told me never use tap water it'll be bad for your crop...well that wasn't the case my crop is best out of all my boys so yeah

I didnt know you can calibrate a PPM meter. How do you get a base? Do I have to buy something thats zero? The package says it comes factory calibrated.

Yours may not be calibratable, but I'll bet it is. Check the instructions. You'll want to calibrate in the range that you'll be measuring at, so 1000 PPM cal solution is what you'd want.

Like I said, calibrating your EC/PPM meter is getting into the serious side of things. It's not like a pH meter that must be calibrated. I'm just used to using calibrated instruments so it bugs me not to know. Mr. Fussy. ;)

I've heard if you let you water sit out the ppm will go down, is that true? If not I'm not to worried about it.

An electroconductivity meter (a "PPM meter") is simplicity itself. All it does is measure how much electric current flows between two metal pins. The more ions in the water, the better the water conducts an electric current, so the higher the electroconductivity reading. The reading may change slightly with time as the things like temperature, chlorine, and oxygen levels equilibrate, but the metal ions of interest aren't going anywhere, so that major determinant of conductivity shouldn't change.

But since you're not planning on changing anything, this is all academic, n'est-ce pas? ;)

The hardness of water can't be changed by letting it sit or by using airstones. The hardness is dissolved minerals. Think of trying to remove sand, as an example, by either of those two methods. At the water evaporates the water hardness will go up until the point where it's all evaporated and what you have left is the hard water deposits. That's the white stuff that you see on the edge of faucets and anywhere that water sits and dries.

Air stones and leaving water to sit will remove chlorine because that comes off as a gas.

Your HM TDS-4 came factory calibrated using a 342 ppm NaCl solution so it should be spot on. Eventually you'll want to recalibrate it. The 342 ppm calibration solution is super cheap and can be ordered through Amazon, and there are instructions on the HM website how to calibrate it. That TDS meter will be an invaluable asset when it comes to feeding your plants because you won't be flying by the seat of your pants. Good purchase!

Your HM TDS-4 came factory calibrated using a 342 ppm NaCl solution so it should be spot on. Eventually you'll want to recalibrate it. The 342 ppm calibration solution is super cheap and can be ordered through Amazon, and there are instructions on the HM website how to calibrate it. That TDS meter will be an invaluable asset when it comes to feeding your plants because you won't be flying by the seat of your pants. Good purchase!

I had my fare share of cheap PH pens so I said f it and bought a $50-60 one which is fantastic. This was the more expensive one on amazon so I went with that.

Well guys look who decided to show their faces! This is my setup for now till my blueberry finishes up in the tent. She's taking her sweet time!!

IMG_258517.JPG
IMG_258321.JPG

Just wanted to share and update and some pics with y'all. The last blueberry girl finished up so the 3 amigos will be making their way into the tent. Over 1lb wet off an 18inch Autoflower, not bad ey? ;)

IMG_262023.JPG
IMG_261119.JPG
IMG_261425.JPG
IMG_261521.JPG
IMG_261919.JPG
IMG_262121.JPG
IMG_261221.JPG
Congrats on your harvest, nice dence beautiful buds, great job.✌️

Back
Top Bottom