1st DWC/Hempy Harlequin Joe - Pot of Gold - NYSD - BB - ATF '13

It sucks that she passed, but yeah, Chaos and Loki are definitely our family members... they're a trip... I can't let them have full run of the house because in this place, they could get hurt, but we have the main living area (kitchen, dining, living area "woozle-proofed" so they get a big play area... they're still young though, Chaos is about 8 months and Loki about 5 or so. Ferrets can be a challenge at time, they make a cat's curiosity look non-existent and they are clever lil thieves, but they are soooo entertaining and have such distinct personalities... and when they're not in total hyper mode, they're affectionate as all get out too... Gotta love them woozles (yeah, I liked pooh bear when I was a kid, it was one of the few good influences I had, lol) :Namaste:
they're still babies! yeah they steal anything but once you find their hiding spot it turns into a game. how long are you going to think you misplaced something before realizing they have it. and once they bond with you its like "YOUR GOING TO PLAY WITH ME FOR THE WHOLE 2 HOURS IM AWAKE" they love to sleep. man i think i cried harder than my daughter when she passed.

looking really good rune. nice frost. Everyone is a hacker

Many thanks Bill... it's funny you phrase it that way considering how I got into IT, lol ;)

Nice update! :thumb:

Thankee kindly sir smurf

they're still babies! yeah they steal anything but once you find their hiding spot it turns into a game. how long are you going to think you misplaced something before realizing they have it. and once they bond with you its like "YOUR GOING TO PLAY WITH ME FOR THE WHOLE 2 HOURS IM AWAKE" they love to sleep. man i think i cried harder than my daughter when she passed.

Oh yeah... having 2, they alternate between wanting to play with eachother, where they can be as rough as they want, or play with humans, where they're not allowed to bite... I've just got them to the point where they don't bit, and only nip when really wired... and even then, not hard and they stop themselves... you can see it click in their mind "ooops, that's papa/mama, not supposed to bite them" and the let go, give a kind of sheepish look... Chaos licks the spot like he's trying to say "sorry papa, I didn't mean it... see, kiss". They are an absolute trip, such developing personalities. And yeah, we'll clear out their stashes every so often so they can hoard it all again. What's really funny is when one steals from the other's stash, then puts it in their own stash place and back and forth, lol.

Oh yeah... having 2, they alternate between wanting to play with eachother, where they can be as rough as they want, or play with humans, where they're not allowed to bite... I've just got them to the point where they don't bit, and only nip when really wired... and even then, not hard and they stop themselves... you can see it click in their mind "ooops, that's papa/mama, not supposed to bite them" and the let go, give a kind of sheepish look... Chaos licks the spot like he's trying to say "sorry papa, I didn't mean it... see, kiss". They are an absolute trip, such developing personalities. And yeah, we'll clear out their stashes every so often so they can hoard it all again. What's really funny is when one steals from the other's stash, then puts it in their own stash place and back and forth, lol.
dude, you got me in tears over here!

Fantastic! IM concerned about blocking off the air vents I have that same tent I never had an issue with light leaks, I opened the Ports on top using the "heat rises " to draw in cool air,it worked I could feel heat rising out and up,and co2 gets used up pretty quick in a closed room,UN less the tent is in an extremely bright area during their night cycle, something to consider.the pets look like a whole Lotta work & fun! We have a like too a dog,,the plants are looking good,IM determined to get a CBD strain I need it! Well it's getting on to my crash time, very solid update Wolfie:peace:

Thanks BID... as far as the light leak, well the veg area is right beside the tent and while most of the light is blocked, not all of it. When the HPS is on, it glows at the vent windows, so I didn't want to take a chance... what I did do however is vent out the top and run extra venting through the side port along with the plugs, then wrapped the venting into a spiral to keep light from finding it's way in. This gives me a solid 6" intake port with a fan directing cool air at the opening from outside the tent. So far, with the tent closed, it doesn't get above about 86*f at the hottest, with the tent open at the same time of day, it can climb to a bit over 90* for a while.

Yeah, the CBD does help a lot... I'd like to try a few other strains as well to see how they compare and to have alternatives just in case of a tolerance build up to this one.

I'll be going LED in the tent here in the next couple months so I can totally enclose the room and run an air scrubber inside so my landlady doesn't stress. She started freaking out, even though she knew about it, when I moved to the tent and didn't have a carbon filter up yet. So over the next couple months the LEDs will happen and the room will end up with a carbon filter and fan freestanding to scrub the room of all smells... Didn't plan on that expense happening so soon though, which bites, but I had planned on it over the rest of the year, so I guess it could be worse. Just means if she stays twitchy about it, I won't renew the lease and will have to deal with a move, ugh.

Top of the Skunkday to ya rune. It's not suppose to get as hot today so it will be a great day.

Happy Skunkday rune!

Hey why did Tigger stick his head in the toilet?

Because the tiger was locked in a house and was thirsty and as men tend not to put the toilet seat down that was the tigers only source of water?
well that could be a alternative answer:) Very Politically correct I might add:)

Tigger had his head in the toilet looking for Pooh:)

Oh mai oui. You got a lot going on there mon frère. I'd be going crazy trying to keep up. You ever leave something in the corner & forget it? Lol. Hey, what ya got going on with the 2 cups & the seedlings/clones? Everything looking good.

Top of the Skunkday to ya rune. It's not suppose to get as hot today so it will be a great day.

Thanks Bill, and none too soon, this place was up to 75* an hour ago, which bites since it's only 65* outside, but the breeze does feel lovely when she blows :) Hope you and your sweetie are having a great day :Namaste:

Happy Skunkday rune!

Hey why did Tigger stick his head in the toilet?

Many thanks Fishy, hope you're day is skunk-a-rific as well ;) and oui, je sais, lookin for pooh, lol...

Because the tiger was locked in a house and was thirsty and as men tend not to put the toilet seat down that was the tigers only source of water?

Nope, he wanted some pooh, old old joke, especially for those who lived in FL, heh heh

Good weed rune

Heya Alex, how you hangin in there this fine day?

well that could be a alternative answer:) Very Politically correct I might add:)

Tigger had his head in the toilet looking for Pooh:)

I knew that was coming... used to go to downtown disney to hit Virgin, Cirque de Soleil, House of VooDoo and Wolfgang Pucks... you hear that joke every time you wander by "house on pooh corner" in the evenings, especially if the people you pass are coming from the treasure island adult playground with all the bars, lol.

Oh mai oui. You got a lot going on there mon frère. I'd be going crazy trying to keep up. You ever leave something in the corner & forget it? Lol. Hey, what ya got going on with the 2 cups & the seedlings/clones? Everything looking good.

For true mon frere, ou c'est bon, though, so no worries there. Cups with seedlings are the seeds I've been sprouting, the window lickers are the bagseed I've had for years and just started popping that we're calling "Mystery Machine"... it was from cali and when I tried a test bud off the popsickle that's in flower, the first thing I thought of was "hmm, scooby doo would be entertaining right now", so it became "mystery machine", lol. The others are the lemon kush, ak47 x cherry cheese x sour kush, the sleeskunk, the mazar x white rhino and the sour kush x kiwi that have popped so far. I just have them in coco/perlite hempy mix with some lime and calcium mixed in when it was soaked. The cup they're planted in has 4 holes around the bottom, and then a couple slits on the sides about where a hempy hole would be (for drainage). I have the second cup underneath to catch runoff. It's cheap and it is space efficient, same size runoff catch as the actual "pot". I throw some hydroton or bottle caps or whatnot in the base of the runoff cup to provide a little lift, making a drain pan res to allow runoff and drainage all the way through.

Biggest worry is how my landlady freaked about the grow, even though she knew about it, so I spent the morning cobbling the carbon filter to +99 with dual layers of activated carbon in mesh, then dual sandwiches of the flat active carbon sheets with more loose activated carbon thrown in between, moved all to a 6" wide coffee can and sealed it to the inline venting... I can't smell anything coming out of the exhaust now, but it does mean I'm going to have to push to get the LEDs in place and close the outside venting off and run an enclosed air scrubber.... I don't think we'll be renewing the lease, I don't deal well with stress these days, it makes it a lot harder to keep my cajun temper in check than it was before I got so sick, so if she's going to be all twitchy about it, then we'll find a new place when the lease runs out. But, I don't want anything to be stressful until then and I understand her worry and her father just died this month, so I know she's under a lot of stress as well. So I'll get the room selfcontained so no venting is needed beyond passive and the air is always recirculated and scrubbed. Just means the HPS will end up having to go into storage until we move, because I can't run that without venting outside, it raises the temp by 12 - 18* depending on heat and tent open/closed, but the LEDs were always the goal.

I transplanted the 2L bagseed that showed pistils into one of the 2gal trashcans this morning as well, she was the biggest one in yesterday's picks with the 5 main branches... Hopefully this week the other 2Ls will all show pistils as well and I can get them transplanted as well. I'd like to give their roots the opportunity to build up more and let those buds get nice and big.

Back
Top Bottom