2' x 2' DWC Scrog With Jock Horror Under 48 x 3W Top LED Reflector

They are looking amazing. Sorry to ask something that I could just search for in your journal but how long have been in flowering and how long did it take for them to show first signs of trichs. thanks. I'm just waiting for mine to show me something.

Thanks for the kind words gents, jimmy style scrog it will be epic dude.
I think this little lamp is holding up good props to topled.

They are looking amazing. Sorry to ask something that I could just search for in your journal but how long have been in flowering and how long did it take for them to show first signs of trichs. thanks. I'm just waiting for mine to show me something.
She has been under 12/12 for 28 days. I veged her for 2 months, this helps them start flowering within first week.
As for resin each strain is differnt this one starts showing trics with the first flowers , while I have a blue mystic that waits till about week 5 or 6 to really start frosting up.

Thanks for such kind words nine44.
A peak in the veggitation station
Jock 5 weeks from being cut one round of defoliation a day or two ago.
2014-08-31_06_23_41.jpg
2014-08-31_06_22_55.jpg
2014-08-31_06_22_23.jpg

thats my apple tree next to jock about 4 months old.
A.K. Day 15 veg
2014-08-31_06_18_18.jpg
2014-08-31_06_17_55.jpg

Righteous growing Dusty!
awe shucks thank you

Great update Dusty, I'm no hydro guy but I know healthy roots when I see
em, & I've just seen em :thumb: Do they sit submereged in your nute mix or something different?
They do just dangle in nutrient solution. The key is using soap and water every water change and I never let them go more than 7 days in a solution.
I'm with Skunny,Those are some pearly white root's.Hell of a job D.K.:bravo:
thanks jimmy

Dusty are you using any beneficials in your res? Mycorrhizae? Damn pearly roots thats for sure.. looks like the roots in my grow box!

:thumb:
no benificials just change water every 7 days and clean buckets with hot soapy water. How ever I an interested in benies I think my yeilds would go up.

I think running the voodoo juice beneficials saved my plant during this heat wave we just had. Don't know if a sterile environment would have had the same fate. I bought a small sample to test it out and I think those guys brewing their Benny tea are definitely going down a great path.

I think I will be joining them shortly if I continue with dwc. It's just good backup against all the bad stuff and if you're not paying copious amounts by the bottle and brewing it yourself there's no down side

Not so much your yields cause thats dependent on how long you veg your plants for, and whether or not you use any bud booster in late flower.

Beneficials help your plant become more resistant to disease and pests, grow more vigorously, as well as help in the rapid uptake of nutrients. Some beneficials actually break down the nutrients and make them MORE readily available for root absorption!

For me, i dont scrub my buckets out.. i just rinse them out with scalding hot water, then rinse them with cold water so the bucket doesnt' stay hot and warm up my cold water i add when changing the res. I dont battle nutrient lock outs, just deficiencies when i forget to change the res after 7 days, cause i get lazy/forgetful/busy with all the plants i got going now. My widows roots aren't very white anymore in certain spots, like the middle, cause the air bubbles cant penetrate the middle of the root mass, which is usually the problem for aeroponics too, but they're also 6 months old and have been stained by many powdered mycorrhizae applications as well as poop teas

The scrubbing/cleaning is ONLY if you are going to use NO BENEFICIALS at all.. you are creating a sterile environment, and it is very hard to keep Pythium and root issues at bay with a sterile enviroment, because there is nothing in the res to battle the bad bacteria.

In my grow box, i dont even wash out the res. I just let the water pump remove all the nutrient mixture, then i just add a fresh mixture into the res. Then, I add a brewed tea of beneficials about 2 days later directly to the root crown to let it drip down the roots into the water res. I actually do the same for all my plants (with the tea that is)

With a live environment, you have hoards of beneficial microbes that battle the bad bacteria and break the down into useful sugars and carbs for the roots. With a live environment in your water reservoir, you want to avoid cleanings with disinfecting products like soap or h2o2, because those will destroy all the bacteria, good and bad, and you want the good ones to stay.

Yes, a sterile environment is possible, but its harder to maintain than a live environment, cause the beneficial bacteria will keep the bad bacteria at bay. H2o2 is not a very good solution to keeping a sterile environment cause you will have to add it to your res every second or third day as it will just break down into H2O. DM Zone has been said to work well, but from what i have seen, it doesn't work for shit. This isn't first hand experience, just second hand observation and what i have observed is DM zone isn't worth the expensive price tag.

With a live environment, water temperature (at least if you are using Aquashield) isn't going to be a real issue. you wont have root rot outbreaks when using beneficials.

What products do you use J.
In several years of growing I have had one issue with bacteria it was under hid and I didnt clean an air stone. Scince switching to led even in the heat of the summer my hight temps rarley reach 77°f and average 74°f. I think this is key to sterile enviroment.

Absolutely Dusty.

Higher temps with a sterile environment is just a disaster waiting to happen, and a huge loss of plants, unless you are using Aquashield. that shit will eradicate root rot!

For what i use:

Currently i am using a mix of Gen Hydro's products as well as Botanicare products.

The GH products are as follows:

Subculture-M (powdered mycorrhizae fungi)
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend

Not sure exactly if this falls into a beneficial bacteria, but it definitely is a root builder/booster and helps promote rapid root growth

Gen Hydro's Rapid Start (not all that cheap, but cheaper than Roots Excellurator)

The Botanicare Products are as follows:

Aquashield
Pure Blend Compost Tea

Aquashield is probably the most important, followed by Subculture-M, then the rest.

I WAS using them directly into the res (as per the bottle/container states) but TheCapn suggested brewing the beneficials as a tea with an airstone, then pouring them directly into the rockwool, onto the root ball, then let the run off go into the res. This way the roots are more likely to absorb everything, than having it swirling around and gettng diluted and killed by the nutrients in the water.

So this is what i do now, and clearly judging by the plants in my grow box, this is a recipe for rapid vegetative growth!!

I have to admit that i haven't been using the rapid start lately. Its rather pricey and its really only required a couple times during the early root development stage.

:goodjob: Dusty. I like your "no additives" approach.

Back
Top Bottom