4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

I'll get into the details soon as I have to be real careful what I say as its still a risky proposition

Don't risk it. We all know how it is. Pics of the inside will be plenty for the folks here. :Namaste:

It's really cool that you're going from 90+ minutes away to 15 minutes. :thumb:

Thanks guys,
Not much is happening tonight but in a few hours its on and won't shut off till the foundation is built and two pounds or more are drying on the nets. I got another tiny plant thats giving me the sideways evil eye. I honestly think this Bubba OG is bigger than tiny. Her trunk is def. stouter. Sure wish tinys station was available, that 2000 watts would be nice. 1000 will do it and to be honest I'd rather get 18 zips out of a single plant, single lamp than two lamps on the single plant yielding 32.
I've got to be on the road as the suns coming up, won't be back but a few hours to check on the reservoirs and such. Im planning on another early morning of work Saturday yanking the bubba OG and cookies number three out and this time reloading the tray before any trimming starts. Gotta thank the cap'n for that trick. Takes me up to a week sometimes to trim 20 plus ounces and this way by the time im done the reloads have a weeks worth of blooming instead of waiting on my $low a$$.
Hang in there guys and gals it'll be slim for a minute on updates with pics but I promise there's a big announcement in the works and it'll be worth the wait.
I'll give ya a tiny hint, its going to be a JOINT effort.
Hope ya'll are doing well, smoking some bomb greens and staying warm

Hey S1ing, is there any info you can share about that cookies strain you're playing with like breeder and possibly seed bank? I found her on Attitude, but wasn't sure if it originated from the same breeder. Also, I'd like to know if you ever used any 600w HIDs and what kind of yields you got compared to the 1000w yields? Like does the 1000w produce a proportionate increase of yield weight for the extra .4kwh of consumption? I know Capn (et al) is constantly hitting 16+ zips in a 4x4 net (or less) with just 600 watts.

Ok so I thought a suprise update with pic was in order.
May I introduce you to "Tiny's Revenge" aka T.R.
image7150.jpg

Shes a Bubba OG, approx three months out of the turbo kloner and the last 4 weeks has been under a 1000 watt Metal Halide in a XXXL Magnum "El Ocho"
Reason its a sneak peek only is she will get her own journal as well as my upcoming "joint effort" journal.

Hey S1ing, is there any info you can share about that cookies strain you're playing with like breeder and possibly seed bank? I found her on Attitude, but wasn't sure if it originated from the same breeder. Also, I'd like to know if you ever used any 600w HIDs and what kind of yields you got compared to the 1000w yields? Like does the 1000w produce a proportionate increase of yield weight for the extra .4kwh of consumption? I know Capn (et al) is constantly hitting 16+ zips in a 4x4 net (or less) with just 600 watts.

Yeah thats where I got them and if you read this month H.T.s you'll get some info on how there all bogus. The fact if there the thin mint pheno? Doubt it, guess lab results would be the only way to know. I'm a$$uming its close but to be honest im not sure if they got ahold of a legit cut and forced it to reproduce to itself s1. Or if it was bred in a similar way.
As for 600s I haven't in so long I couldn't give you an accurate answer. Im a cubic inch kind of guy and usually go for bigger has to be better but if funds weren't so tight I'd switch over to all 600s in my new shop. Its more for the fact of I could have more cap'n style workstations than if I keep the thousies. I'd run eight 600 watt hps or even up to ten if I could but for now it will be 6 1000 watt hps. The LCP soft tail paul built me will fire 16 1000 watt HID lamps lol maybe one day. All at 240 volts for those who might be wondering. The extreme nano by CAP has a soft start tech. That fires the four one at a time. The Lighting Control Panel has four banks of 240 volt outlets and is brought in on a double pole 100 amp breaker.
Next year I will test a gavita 1K and there LEP light emitting plasma. If they don't do an outstanding job I'll switch over to 600s.

Disclaimer for s1
Don't fire up multiple thousand watt ballasts on a 15 amp circuit.
Get the professional help of an electrician if your not extremely experienced with High Voltage lines, it can kill!

Awesome update and awesome answers! Thank you especially for the rundown of your wiring. I was wondering how you powered all that.

T.R. is so massive, I bet when you lay her down she'll spread out to 5' or more. Also bet when you finish her, the trim session will take your week away.

I always try to catch up on others before updating my own. So there should be a fresh update now.

So I got her in there with minutes to spare. Light kicked back on and I've done what I can tonight with the screen I have. I'll be modifying it on the fly as best as I can as shes already too big for the screen I used in the cook off. Four by four screen for that plant is way too small.
This is the last plant I will add to the flowering program up here. Soon I'll be only vegging up here for my new project and also for the stealth outdoor im going to start 05/15.
I will continue to come up here a couple days a week once all my indoor flowering plants are finished (no sooner than March 30th) to take care of all the clones and seedlings that will be for the outdoor garden/patch, can't wait. I get to grow a bunch of my one seed promos and a few really tall strains. Once summers over I won't be here much at all. By then I'll have the new spot which will have six trays with six 1000 watt HPS air cooled lamps. I will test a 10 day stagger to see how efficient harvesting every ten days can be and go from there.
I will be journaling the build as best as I can and if later someone wants a parts list that will be available also.
I will do my best to explain what I'm doing and why I'm doing it and include a bunch of pics.
I am planning on this build to include white dry erase boards near each grow station so I can do a better job taking notes and also running my schedule on time every time.
So as soon as I can I will get pics up of the two plants im trimming right now. Ones a Bubba OG and the other is my #3 cookies plant. To be 100% honest with all of you my mini cube hydro plants did much better compared to the final product of the plants that grew in pro mix.
I'd like to run a super soil run on the same plants to see how that does, im really pleased how much better the plant grows and yields and also really important how it burns.
Allright I've been up almost twenty hours flipping and trimmin and my eyes are seeing things in the road haha

Back
Top Bottom