9 Big Bud Grow 2 x 600Watt HIDS

just an fyi I know you said you had 2x600 watt lights but I can't remember how big your tent is. I just turned on my 400 watt in a 4x4x7 ft tent and I'm having a hard time with heat management.

I use open 600W wings as well.....generally the light is 25" to 30" away at 100% of ballast use.

You could dial your ballast down to 75% even 50% right now....those little guys don't need the full 600 right now.

It will allow for closer light distance and reduce temps if needed.

Maybe some info you can use. :Namaste:

I didn't realize they came with built in speed controllers? I still have to shell out 20 bucks to buy one of those. Although at full blast the negative pressure inside the tent is pretty sweet.

I don't know if it does but when I ordered it from my local hydroponic store they told me it has a high and low setting and they told me how many Decibels it was for both settings and the air movement.

I use open 600W wings as well.....generally the light is 25" to 30" away at 100% of ballast use.

You could dial your ballast down to 75% even 50% right now....those little guys don't need the full 600 right now.

It will allow for closer light distance and reduce temps if needed.

Maybe some info you can use. :Namaste:

Hey man thanks for the advice but my ballast is not Dimmable so that's where the problem is. :(

I've bought a new stronger inline fan and cool tube reflectors this should help you think?

image7203.jpg
image7204.jpg

Don't worry you'll get it dialed in. I struggled a ton with temps before I got it figured out.

I just recently added a second 600 watt hps to my setup. Now I'm running 2 600 watt hps in a 8'x4'x7' tent. I'm using a 6in inline fan that pushes 240cfm with a 6in carbon filter. I intake from my house which is 72F and I exhaust to another room in my house for supplemental heat. My temps are consistently at 79f on and 65f off. It gets a little too cold because I have to have the furnace vents in that room partially closed during lights on and usually I'm too lazy to adjust them again for lights out. Same thing can happen in the summer if I have my vents opened too far the central AC in my house will make it too cold. I do exhaust outside in the summer.

Hope that helps! :Namaste:

Thanks man, I hope it turns out nice they even sorted themselves out after that little bit of heat damage :)

:Namaste:
They certainly did Alex! Can't hardly tell they suffered anything at all now. :thumb:
You have temps dialed in, RH is dialed in, the plants look great and responding to your care very well. You have a green thumb....you will now have to accept that. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom