Bassman59's Revenge of the Clones! 600w Pro-Bloom LED - RDWC - Grow #2

Update time:

Day 42 in 12/12

Well, getting near the home stretch on this grow. Probably 4 weeks to go? Girls are really drinking a lot now. 2 gals per day, sometimes more. They seem to be super happy ladies.

I spent 2.5 hrs stripping today and I'm not finished! Back is sore, tired, gotta work tonight so I'm calling it here. I'll do more during the week as time allows. The big thing I noticed is after taking leaves off I see a lot of bud that I couldnt see before and the existing buds are much bigger than I thought.

Too tired to make any real comments so on to the pics then bed time till work tonight.

Before todays de-leafing:
P2060001.JPG
P20600021.JPG
P20600042.JPG

After pics in next post:

Hi Bass,

Does that plant have leaves with just 1 finger?

He probably defoliates they way I do, by removing all but the middle leaf in each cluster. This gives more light to the bottom, while retaining some of the vegetation.

Hi Bass,

Does that plant have leaves with just 1 finger?

Yes, there are lots of 1 finger leaves coming off the colas. And 3's, 5's too.

I recall seeing 1 big ole fan a while back that was 10 fingered.

He probably defoliates they way I do, by removing all but the middle leaf in each cluster. This gives more light to the bottom, while retaining some of the vegetation.

Actually I pretty much take anything with a 1" or more stem. I couldnt finish yesterday, and after a long nights work dont feel like it much now, but I'll be plucking away as the week goes on.

Hey Bass,

I just wondered...I have a buddy that grows a strain that only produces leaves with 1 finger. Strangest looking MJ plant, I've never see this anywhere else and thought your plants looked like that. I grew a plant a while back that had a bunch of 9 - 11 finger leaves. They were huge, unfortunately that plant turned out to be male/hermie.

:peace:

Ya hell I dunno. The only 1 finger leaves are coming off of bud sites. Of course there's tons of regular fans too. I really dont know anything about that. But these are clones from known females from last grow.

I just went in and pulled some more leaves, checked water and what not. One thing I can say is there are a shit load of buds on these plants and they are all tightly together. Little upper side shoots are nothing but bud gathered closely to main shoots of bud. And they are already getting very sticky. There's still 3-4, maybe 5 weeks to go one these gals and the buds are just growing. I kinda think (and hope) they are going to be rather massive and hopefully potent.

Today I ordered uniseals and I got 4 x 5g buckets with 6" netpots and more hydroton. I haven't germed the Master Kush I got last week because I have 4 AK48 clones starting to establish roots and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

My thought is make next grow the AK48 clones I have now on this shorter veg because I was so late in getting them going. And plant the Master Kush just before I harvest this grow and set the clones into flower. This would give me 60-65 days veg time on the kush.

I also still have the two AK48 moms that are huge as hell. The tall one is 35" presently. I could put them into flower at the end of this grow. Ditch the clones and just flower the two as monsters while I germ and veg up the Master Kush.

Lousy pic of moms basically untouched for 40 days.
P2070001.JPG

Presently I'm trying to figure out when I might be able to buy another tent, decide how big it needs to be, and a bucket, plant, light configuration so I can get the veg cycles out of the skinny ass closet which is a hindrance to defoliation and training.

Being back to work feels good! Jan rent was finally cleared and Feb will be next week. I'll be back in good graces with the landlord. My back hurts like hell at the end of the day. And taking care of mom is harder. But she's doing ok with it.

It's a tough one to figure out. I would like to cycle every 2 months roughly. But to do so I'll need to spend over 2k easily.

Tent: $225-$350 (size dependent)
Lights: $1500-$2000
Chiller: $225.

Funny thing is (tent size dependent) I'll grow fewer plants each grow. Only 4-8 at a time. But if I can get to 10z per I wont care. I know my max when I get this defoliation thing down pat that 4 will be the max possible in the 4'x4' tent. And even that is pushing it. If I go with 8'x4' tent I can have 1 grow with 6 and 1 with 4. But then I'll need 4 x 300w LED's absolute minimum for the 4x8 tent.

I know Donnie has been working hard on getting the 900w LED at GrowStealthLED into production and if that came about, two of those in the 4x8 would be really awesome for this kind of grow.

Every time I come up with a configuration all I see is massive $$ signs.

Interesting GT.

The girls are doing awesome. I almost want to take closer pics every day. I counted about 40 colas developing at or near canopy top, vs just nice top buds. I dunno what the true definition would be, but I'm calling it a cola if it looks like 3" or more of top bud development. Because of the manner in which this grow is designed, with the massive bending, training, forcing side buds to be tops, etc, there is little opportunity for single 8" colas it seems. But there are tons of buds at or near the top of the canopy! Has to be nearly 150.

And the two lesser developed girls that have had CFL supplements are doing much better! They were just too far off from the end of the LED and this supplemented light as really been a nice help. They wont be anything like the 4 center plants but they'll do decent I think.

PPM, PH has been easy and predictable. Most every day adding 2 gals. 1g of RO water and 1g of nutrient, sometimes less nutrient depending on the ppm. Basically keeping ppm range in the 730-850 for high-low points.

I may take some pics tomorrow with lights on.

Ok so I'm proud. I just had to take some pics this morning.

Day 46 in 12/12

Wide angle view of 4x4 tent.
P2100003.JPG
P2100004.JPG

P2100005.JPG

Just a nice cola 6" down in canopy
P2100007.JPG

Random cola
P2100006.JPG
P2100002.JPG
P2100009.JPG
P2100010.JPG

I took a few more but you get the drift. Tons of canopy, tons of cola's, lots of secondary buds 6-8" below canopy top.

Hi Bass,

They turned out exactly like you said they would...When you first started this journal with radical trimming/training...I was skeptical. I'm new, first time I ever heard/saw such a thing

You should be proud of yourself, they look great :yahoo:

:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom